Realistic trade options to fix our glaring weakness at the center position

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Was at the Monsters game when Milano, Carlsson, and Korpisalo were briefly sent down together.

During an intermission, Milano was interviewed and said that he enjoys playing in Cleveland and he likes having an expanded role on that team.

The fact that the CBJ can afford to send Milano down to get top line time and more experience is a good thing.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Well we need to give Tort's approach a chance. Looks like he is trying to do what is best for the team. Of course there is one player I disagree with him about, but let's see how it works with these lines. In general I kind of agree that teh way they are being used is not fair to either Bjork or Sonny. So let's see how this approach works.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
My only concern is that we need guys to go to the net and work inside the way Panarin has done getting feeds from PDL close to the net rather than shooting form 20 feet out. I am not sure the "second" line has a guy who can create those "inside" scoring opportunities.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
My only concern is that we need guys to go to the net and work inside the way Panarin has done getting feeds from PDL close to the net rather than shooting form 20 feet out. I am not sure the "second" line has a guy who can create those "inside" scoring opportunities.

tumblr_nmj0iqGimn1s8ybueo1_1280-1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: stevo61 and Viqsi

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Finally, Jenner where he belongs on this team!

I tend to agree. 3rd line is his ceiling imo and only then if it is strictly a checking line otherwise he is wasted.

His 30 G season was an anomaly.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Just keep it rollin' with Chicago

Anisimov and a 2nd for Wennberg and a 3rd

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan

Why exactly, age?

We could draft somebody better than Stenlund with that 2nd rounder.

Anisimov and Wennberg match up head to head, what happens? Who wins faceoffs? Who's better defensively and stonger around the net? Who has a legit scoring touch and an already existing chemistry/FIT with our new top offensive weapon? Who can play both on the PP and PK?

How would (or wouldn't) this trade affect "our glaring weakness at the center position"?

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Gonna call the E Kane as a rental right now

Think the FIT is there IMO

Milano+ something

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Maybe but Kane has major attitude issues from the sound of it and we all know how Torts, Jarmo, and Davidson feel about uppity players.

Reactions: CBJFan827

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Why exactly, age?

Wennberg is significantly younger and locked up long-term.

I don't like those odds. Why downgrade from Wennberg to Anisimov just to move up into the 2nd round? Foolish.

Anisimov and Wennberg match up head to head, what happens? Who wins faceoffs? Who's better defensively and stonger around the net? Who has a legit scoring touch and an already existing chemistry/FIT with our new top offensive weapon? Who can play both on the PP and PK?

Wennberg is great in the defensive zone..faceoffs are somewhat overrated...in fact, Wennberg has Anisimov beat in BOTH shot generation and shot suppression metrics. It's not like Anisimov was a world-beater while playing with Panarin...he barely eclipsed his career high in points. Wennberg also already plays PP and PK. Wennberg's potential is far greater than Anisimov's, as Arty is what he is. A 40-45 point center. Further, Wennberg's "floor" is probably at Anisimov's "ceiling". Again, foolish just to move back into the 2nd round.

How would (or wouldn't) this trade affect "our glaring weakness at the center position"?

It affects our "glaring weakness at center" now and moving forward in an very negative way. I could continue to go on, but I'm not going to entertain this silly notion further. You are going to be the only person on this board who thinks this a trade to be made. It simply isn't.

See my answers in bold.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
So the trade is bad because we have the worse of the two players locked up long term ???
Interesting reasoning.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Why exactly, age?

No thanks. Though at the moment AA is playing better, I'll take the youth of Wennberg and the higher upside if he snaps out of his funk. Nothing that a month with Bear Grylls couldn't help resolve. :laugh: :laugh:
Also AA has a NMC this year so I don't see him seeking a second tour of duty.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
So the trade is bad because we have the worse of the two players locked up long term ???
Interesting reasoning.

Potential, "metrics", and secondary assists. Get it right.

If you want to double down on age and potential, ok, but the idea that Anisimov isn't currently more impactful on NHL ice than Wennberg, is false.

The idea that Anisimov's "ceiling" is near Wennberg's "floor" is ridiculous, as Arty would absolutely outplay Wennberg if they were matched up head to head.

The window is open now.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Potential, "metrics", and secondary assists. Get it right.

If you want to double down on age and potential, ok, but the idea that Anisimov isn't currently more impactful on NHL ice than Wennberg, is false.

The idea that Anisimov's "ceiling" is near Wennberg's "floor" is ridiculous, as Arty would absolutely outplay Wennberg if they were matched up head to head.

The window is open now.

Dude you just gotta stop. Anisimov's CAREER HIGH in points is 45, and that was when playing with Kane and Panarin. So yes, his ceiling is where Wennberg's floor is.

He's not better than Wennberg now nor in the future. Again, you are going to be the only poster on this board who holds such opinion. Good job in your subjective assessment of the two players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad