RDS & TVA Sports Memes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
"Ça veut dire merci en russe."
I actually enjoy all the extras like this that he puts in. His attention to detail and the effort he exudes in pronouncing everything correctly, especially foreign names is fantastic.

Hope he never changes his style nor that he retires anytime soon.

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
1688694_10204838907987778_7081288823025262430_n.jpg
OK. That is hilarious!!!!!

RafaelSomma

Pierre Houde: Ce joueur que nous avons pu voir à la Coupe Spengler (always talking about the Spengler Cup because he hosted one of them during the lock out).

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Houde attempts to pronounce names as the players themselves would say their own names. That's not over-pronouncing but mere attention to detail.

Séguin on the other hand punctuates players' names (and even the last words of his sentences) with an annoying staccato sound: "Sekatch-uh", Eller-uh", etc.

Guess you can't please everyone.

The problem with Houde is when people all over the NHL have been calling a player in one fashion for years, even decades, and he start to call them "the right way" cause he so freakin anal about language and thinks he's the next coming to Rene Lecavalier. Like Henrik Long Viste. I remember that this became a pain when he started calling Weber Veber. Everybody was calling him Weber like the Preds player but at this point on, all the RDS guys had to change their pronounciation just cause Monsieur Houde was calling him like that. So it became nauseating all throughout their network. Then it got worse with Plekanec where everybody at RDS had to call him Pleka Nets.

At least with Sekac, he's a fairly new player so it's OK to call him Secache right away before people have been used to another name.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I am a pro quebec but TVA need to stop putting le quebecois in front of every single quebec born player in the game...

RDS does the same, in fact they'll go the extra mile to include a language component.

I remember an RDS game recap on the previous game between the Habs and Hawks where Toews had scored and they prefaced his goal with "le Franco Manitobain". :sarcasm:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The problem with Houde is when people all over the NHL have been calling a player in one fashion for years, even decades, and he start to call them "the right way" cause he so freakin anal about language and thinks he's the next coming to Rene Lecavalier. Like Henrik Long Viste. I remember that this became a pain when he started calling Weber Veber. Everybody was calling him Weber like the Preds player but at this point on, all the RDS guys had to change their pronounciation just cause Monsieur Houde was calling him like that. So it became nauseating all throughout their network. Then it got worse with Plekanec where everybody at RDS had to call him Pleka Nets.

At least with Sekac, he's a fairly new player so it's OK to call him Secache right away before people have been used to another name.

Totally understand your point. It's unfortunate that there isn't a consensus on player pronunciations, which of course leads to the multiple designations that become irritating, since you wonder where they come from and if anyone has bothered to do their homework.

Used to be easier in the olden days, broadcast rights were not split up so widely, there were only a few play-by-play guys and not as many foreign players as now, so the current issues never really surfaced as they are now.

Ben17

Dec 5, 2014
Since the last game at Detroit, this has happened a lot:

Pierre: Et on va retrouver Marc Denis entre les bancs des deux équipes. C'est moins serré qu'à Detroit hein mon Marc.

I don't think he says it exactly like that but it kinda resume.

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012
I hate how Seguin always look at his buddy Patrick when he is talking, like talk to us look at the camera stop trying to constantly eye contact your buddy...?

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
Talking about Price playing back-to-back games:

''Lors des deuxièmes matchs, Price n'a pas été capable de remporter la défaite''
:handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad