RDS & TVA Sports Memes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Correct, it's a paid advert segment for Poker Stars.

Evokes the old standard line:

Liquor in the front (Trois Brasseurs)
Poker in the back (Poker Stars)

Vice-type sponsorship/ads have been massively invading pro sports, moreso now. Chez Parée ads on 690 for many years now, being aired during daytime hours. Anything goes after that.

Nothing can beat LaPresse+ in terms of product placement. I mean, they boasted like crazy about that one, supposedly spent 40M$ on its conception.

Turns out it's a glorified iPad application used as a platform to sell you stuff while you think you're getting information. :laugh:

WillHabs12

Lalime's awkwardness
Apr 15, 2013
Québec
epyts.jpg

MaxChart

Nov 7, 2010
Montréal
Haha, I'm slowly warming up to TVA Sports. They might not be great, but the production quality is already better than 7-8 games ago and Séguin/Lalime are tolerable.

obv nothing beats Houde and Denis, but at least Séguin and Lalime are funny even if it's not always intentionnal.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Séguin's stubborn over-pronunciations kill the flow of his play-by-play calls -- so glad there are other options. Maybe some of that is the result of just how high Pierre Houde has set the bar.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Séguin's stubborn over-pronunciations kill the flow of his play-by-play calls -- so glad there are other options. Maybe some of that is the result of just how high Pierre Houde has set the bar.

If there's someone that is stubborn with pronunciations it's Pierre Houde. Yannick VEBER.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If there's someone that is stubborn with pronunciations it's Pierre Houde. Yannick VEBER.

Houde attempts to pronounce names as the players themselves would say their own names. That's not over-pronouncing but mere attention to detail.

Séguin on the other hand punctuates players' names (and even the last words of his sentences) with an annoying staccato sound: "Sekatch-uh", Eller-uh", etc.

Guess you can't please everyone.

TheCanasianfrasian

Aug 18, 2006
Montreal

i can't stand him for this exact same reason.

i wish i could because i actually be the kind of guy that would lol at all the other buffoons like le tigre or breezer but i really really cannot stand Felix Seguin.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
My french is fairly good and I tend to alternate between Sportsnet/TVA/RDS/City depending on my mood at the time. For some reason Seguin always sounds kinda ''forced'' to me. Houde gives me the impression that if I met him in real life he would probably sound exacly like he does on TV. Like he's this genuinely educated, dignified sort of guy. To me, Seguin sounds like the teacher's pet in front of the class trying to talk like a grownup when he ask questions :P . That's my outsider's take anyway.

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
Haha, I'm slowly warming up to TVA Sports. They might not be great, but the production quality is already better than 7-8 games ago and Séguin/Lalime are tolerable.

obv nothing beats Houde and Denis, but at least Séguin and Lalime are funny even if it's not always intentionnal.

Lalime is good but everytime I hear Seguin I feel like throwing my tv out the window, he sounds so fake

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
My french is fairly good and I tend to alternate between Sportsnet/TVA/RDS/City depending on my mood at the time. For some reason Seguin always sounds kinda ''forced'' to me. Houde gives me the impression that if I met him in real life he would probably sound exacly like he does on TV. Like he's this genuinely educated, dignified sort of guy. To me, Seguin sounds like the teacher's pet in front of the class trying to talk like a grownup when he ask questions :P . That's my outsider's take anyway.

You're spot on.

Tarasenko

Unregistered User
Oct 11, 2011

:handclap:

AllanMTL46

Aug 19, 2011
Ste-Agathe, Lotb.

You got it right :handclap:

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
He sounds exactly the same way when he is communicating while flying his plane. It is so easy to recognize him haha.:laugh:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I thought he played the 4 on 1 quite well last night... if it weren't for Prust launching himself and the puck into the net, I doubt Colorado would've scored.

It would be different if his first name was Gilles.
Gilbert played fairly well on LD.

Tarasenko

Unregistered User
Oct 11, 2011
I thought he played the 4 on 1 quite well last night... if it weren't for Prust launching himself and the puck into the net, I doubt Colorado would've scored.

That's what I think too, but I saw it on my FB feed and I knew some people would laugh looking at it :)
I think that Gilbert is playing a way better game than what media says about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot