RD Timothy Liljegren - Timra IK, Allsvenskan (2017, 17th, TOR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Sounds very Kylington-esque, at least counting stats wise. Less tire-firy defensively, I imagine?

kobbe

Apr 20, 2010
Was very impressed with him when Rögle played Luleå. Rögle's best player imo.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
He makes some mistakes here and there due to inexperience but boy is he an exiting prospect. Very solid defensively and there's plenty of Karlsson/Klingberg offensively.

tinozz

Jan 26, 2016
What sets this guy apart from the likes of Urho Vaakanainen for example (i admit im blindly looking at statistics which are more or less identical this season)

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
What sets this guy apart from the likes of Urho Vaakanainen for example (i admit im blindly looking at statistics which are more or less identical this season)

Liljegren is much more dynamic offensively, he is excellent at playing under heavy forecheck. He screams future elite defenseman in the NHL. Vaakanainen is more physical but i think that is all he has on Liljegren. Liljegren competes for #1 overall spot and Vaakanainen competes to be first round prospect IMO. There is big gap.

Kibe

Regular User
Jan 17, 2012
Helsinki
Liljegren is much more dynamic offensively, he is excellent at playing under heavy forecheck. He screams future elite defenseman in the NHL. Vaakanainen is more physical but i think that is all he has on Liljegren. Liljegren competes for #1 overall spot and Vaakanainen competes to be first round prospect IMO. There is big gap.

Must be one hell of a draft year if Risto-level prospect is competing to be 1st round pick.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Must be one hell of a draft year if Risto-level prospect is competing to be 1st round pick.

I think you're stretching. He is not a Risto level prospect by any means. Risto was just whole package and horse even when playing against with older guys in national junior team. Vaakanainen haven't showed similar potential even against his own age group. He has been growing on my backyard and i know exactly what kind of prospect Vaakanainen is. I would say that he is potential first round prospect at this point nothing more.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Having seen Liljegren a lot this season I must say I'm really impressed by his progression. He was good to start the season but the last few weeks he's hit another gear. He's not really strong enough physically to compete with SHL players but he's already effective when he gets time and space, especially on the PP.

Where does he stand compared other top guys in his draft? No clue, but he should be a rather high pick if he works hard this upcoming summer. He's without a doubt the best Swedish prospect in next years draft.

Kibe

Regular User
Jan 17, 2012
Helsinki
I think you're stretching. He is not a Risto level prospect by any means. Risto was just whole package and horse even when playing against with older guys in national junior team. Vaakanainen haven't showed similar potential even against his own age group. He has been growing on my backyard and i know exactly what kind of prospect Vaakanainen is. I would say that he is potential first round prospect at this point nothing more.

Well maybe Risto level was stretching it but i think at least defensively Urho is not far from that (16yoRR). Maybe around Määttä level overall, so IMO a surefire first round pick and possibly as high as Top ten if he plays a big season.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
So... how do you pronounce his name? :laugh:

Also, next coming of Karlsson possibly?

It's pronounced like it's spelled.

Liljegren is more similar to Doughty than Karlsson. From what I saw in his last few SHL games I think he's going to break some records for young defencemen next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad