Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

rea

Feb 8, 2011
I give the Oilers the odds advantage based on recent playoff experience (last 3 yrs), an injured Demko, and an A+ Oilers powerplay.

That being said, the Caucks are a 50 win team and they won the division for a reason. They will scrape, claw and muck the game up as best they can and if Pettersson gets going I think the Canucks can win this in 7 games.

I'm going to avoid hf for the series. There's a lot of toxic fans that are ruining the perception of the usual fan of both teams. I just want to enjoy the hockey. If the Canucks win it will be euphoria. If the Oilers win I truly hope McDavid can cement a legacy as one of the greats and get a cup. Like I said, if I'm here listening to the toxic culture of fans I probably won't feel that way. If the Canucks lose and I avoid hf I will understand that there's a ton of diehard Oiler fans that just want the same thing I do.

Exciting times indeed I hope we get a good series.
Why would you avoid watching the train wreck unfold? Grab your snacks, and enjoy the show unfold, everyone loves reality TV 🍿😁

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Rogers arena watch party was sold out - 18 000.
Yeah same with Rogers in Edmonton. Difference is thousands of people can congregate in all Canadian cities EXCEPT Vancouver. This is based on the concerns of your own mayor and his residents.

Reactions: RegDunlop

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Edmonton's best player refuses to backcheck and has proven that he doesn't care about winning. Their entire team folds when hit with adversity thanks to having absolutely zero leadership on the ice.

I didn't know ringette was still a sport or that it is televised.
You should really try watching a hockey game sometime

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
You mountain folks just don't get it.
What are we supposed to take? Like what has your team done?

EVER?
Does winning 40 years ago actually mean anything today? If anything since your last cup win . Vancouver has had more success. And we did it without getting 4 1st over picks. Actually 0 1st overalls. You guys have the best player since Mario or Sid and you have NOTHING to show for it.

Go watch a Sedin highlight pack. Half of it is them just toying with the Oilers. It's almost comedy.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
You mountain folks just don't get it.
What are we supposed to take? Like what has your team done?

EVER?
Not lost to Edmonton since early 2023?

Does winning 40 years ago actually mean anything today? If anything since your last cup win . Vancouver has had more success. And we did it without getting 4 1st over picks. Actually 0 1st overalls. You guys have the best player since Mario or Sid and you have NOTHING to show for it.

Go watch a Sedin highlight pack. Half of it is them just toying with the Oilers. It's almost comedy.
Yeah, channeling events that happened two generations ago isn't really a burn. Just think how Leafs fans feel.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Absolutely not.
I was just going by the last few years. Haven't heard a F ing peep out of your fanbase because well... you guys sucked.
Now you have a very good regular season (well deserved), and you guys bombard everyone with how you're going to demolish every other team.

F**king hilarious.
Really? Your entire fanbase thinks its over in 4-5 games. Free pass to the WCF.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
I'm not my entire fanbase.
Absolute idiots on both sides. But I have to say - as for how fanbases are, yours is very antagonistic and cocky. Never seen such ridiculous posts. And that's after reading years of them from Oiler fans!
2 Way street little buddy. Plenty of Oiler fans have been nothing but toxic since the day you guys have had a competitive team. Like I said . Your fanbase can dish it but can't take it. For last few years were have heard nothing but chirps from the Oiler fanbase. What do you expect? At least we made it here without any 1st overall picks. Generational talents.

Reactions: Nuck Bonino

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Gonna go ahead and say Vancouver. Sure McDavid and Drasiaitl are better, but Vancouver's categories are way higher.

Just love seeing two Canadian teams going at it in the playoffs. Something amazing we don't see anymore.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
2 Way street little buddy. Plenty of Oiler fans have been nothing but toxic since the day you guys have had a competitive team. Like I said . Your fanbase can dish it but can't take it. For last few years were have heard nothing but chirps from the Oiler fanbase. What do you expect? At least we made it here without any 1st overall picks. Generational talents.

Of course we can take it.

My only point in this debate is that you have nothing to give!
Like your team is totally irrelevant, have never won anything, have embarrassed your city and country.

Anyway I'll have to continue this tomorrow. If you reply I'll see it in am.

Going to sleep very well due to Pasta!
Cheers

Reactions: VainGretzky

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Edmonton's best player refuses to backcheck and has proven that he doesn't care about winning. Their entire team folds when hit with adversity thanks to having absolutely zero leadership on the ice.
I sometimes wonder if these posts are honest satire. Have you seen mcdavid skate? Or are you referring to playoff drai?

Nucks make playoffs one time barely beat a wildcard team and now they're chalk full of leadership.

I got it mcdavid can wear a pink shirt at practice then he'll be a leader.

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Nashville's problem the last several years has been the offence they've been able to produce once the playoffs start, which is a more relevant sample than an 82 game regular season imo.

Let's not get crazy. Jack Michaels also regularly misses plays; not because he can't keep up, but because he's busy talking about Rocky or whatever.

Respectfully disagree. Different coach this year in Brunette, the slow start was attributed to the players to his new system which is a fast puck moving style leading to an uptick in offence and players like Forsberg, Nyquist having career years.

Prior seasons under different systems and coaches is not a good comparable.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
I sometimes wonder if these posts are honest satire. Have you seen mcdavid skate? Or are you referring to playoff drai?

Nucks make playoffs one time barely beat a wildcard team and now they're chalk full of leadership.

I got it mcdavid can wear a pink shirt at practice then he'll be a leader.
Crying to the refs constantly is for sure good leadership . McDavid may as well wear a pin striped shirt.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Crying to the refs constantly is for sure good leadership . McDavid may as well wear a pin striped shirt.
"Crying to the refs".

Ok I'll play devils advocate. Pretend they "cried to refs" got pps. And unlike canucks scored at will from them. The problem is what exactly?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Too bad that after this series, the Canadian quest for the Cup will be down to one team now.

It's been 30 years and counting since a Canadian NHL team last won the Cup. And you'd have to say that the winner of this Oilers-Canucks series probably won't be favored to go all the way this year either.

Reactions: quat

Shibumi

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2002
Edmonton
Visit site
After 50 pages all I've seen from Oiler fans is 4-5 games. Easiest path to the WCF. Something about cups almost 40 years ago. You guys can dish it but can't take it . Fragile ego.
As absolutely painful as this would be, I would suggest re-reading this entire thread but use your good eye this time.

Either that or buy yourself a hooked on phonics book to help you understand the written word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad