RD Timothy Liljegren - Ex-Rogle BK, SHL (2017, 17th, TOR) III

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Good that i brought some fun to your life, luckily you have andersen! Välimäki then? About same draftposition, miles before Liljegren. Brännström looks like the real deal, his first Ahl game was friggin good. Liljegren is miles away to make a horrendous right side, he hasnt a defensive upside and havent showed any offense in even at the Ahl level yet! @Appsyl
You're having a bad day, eh?

Happy Thanksgiving! It'll get better soon.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
What is this guy on?

Who projected Liljegren in our lineup?

How is this all happening after an innocent post of a nice goal?

It's really bizarre. Everyone knew Liljegren wasn't making the roster this year. The Leafs defense is not great but what they do have is a ton of depth options, there's no need to rush Timothy out of desperation. He did a sheltered AHL season at 18. Now at 19 he'll do an AHL season without that sheltering.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
I don’t think we’re the ones that is butthearted lol. It’s obvious you’re just trolling for a reaction. But the off chance you believe what you’re typing, just know we’re happy with liljegrens development. So best take off buddy

If you dont want to read what other posters thinks on the mainboard, i suggest you use the ignore function, or go home to your own board!

Reactions: leafsfan2point0

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
Not every project pan out, wasnt he supposed to be a lock this season according to Tml fans! Rosen was the best marlie last season and he was a turnover machine in preseason games.

1) I don't recall any fan saying that he was a lock this season - or even likely. Most felt there was close to zero possibility. Few fans are higher on Liljegren than I am, and I am one who thinks that he is good enough to be on the Leafs this year. But most people understand that every coach in the NHL is different and that Babcock is the least trusting coach of young players. This has been the case throughout his NHL coaching career.

2) To call Rosen the best marlie last season is ridiculous. Rosen had a good playoff, but even there, a lot of praise is due to offensive numbers, which often, especially over short periods of time, are due to luck. For the first half of the season last year Rosen was possibly the worst D on the Marlies. He was a complete train wreck defensively. Wheeler ranked Rosen 16th on the Marlies (5th among D) in terms of performance at the end of the January and said that when Liljegren was paired with Rosen (which was often) it was so there a defensively responsible D on with Rosen.

3) Rosen has 6 giveaways in 6 preseason games (over two seasons at 5v5). He is a turnover machine, and the same was true in the AHL in the many games I watched him play there. Brannstrom, who you love, had 4 giveaways in 5 preseason games (with 3.75 GA/60 and 62% OZ starts). Liljegren, who you think needs a brain transplant and who you think is terrible defensively (entirely based on your bias, because you don't watch him play), has no giveaways in 4 preseason games (with 1.38 GA/60 and 43% OZ starts). Reality shows you are completely full of shit.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
No, but Liljegren arent exactly projected as a defensive stud!

Butthearted as usually, overestimate their prospects heavily! Funny that their were plenty of you who pencilled in Liljegren in the lineup this season, yeeah no need to upgrade the right flank.

There were a
pretty bad draft year for D , But Brannstrom are Nhl ready, had a great camp, Valimaki took a rosterspot in Flames, Vaakanainen also looked ready.

So the only one who doesnt look Nhl ready from the 4 first taken D in his draftyear is Liljegren, played in a stacked ahl team who won the calder and didnt produced more. That right side on the Leafs are terrible, and you have tweeners as Rosen, Borgman , Marincin before him, even Sandin looks more ready.

You're making a joke of yourself .

First of all the first defenceman taken in the draft were, Heiskanen, Makar, Foote, Brannstrom. .

The only Defensemen who played nhl games are Valimaki, Jokijuarhu, Aho (22 years old) and Heiskanen from the whole entire draft.

Liljegren has the second highest points for a defensemen as an 18 year old ever in the ahl only behind slava voynov. He played every single game on the calder cup playoff winning team playing above other fellow veteran ahl players.

None of us projected any of our rookie defensemen to make the team out of camp other then dermott and one of the older guys.. We don't plan on rushing prospects, like the old regime.

In addition, Timothy Liljegren is playing top 2 minutes this season alongside of Rosen. Meaning he is ahead of Borgs. Marincin as well as holl are in the pressbox, because they're pretty much fully developed at 27 years old. Sitting a 19 year old in the pressbox as well as burning a year of the Elc is ridiculous...

It's not the first time I see leafs bashing from yourself. Yes some of our fans may overrate our players & prospects, but every fanbase does the same. We just have an abundance of fans so you hear more of it.

Lastly, stick to your own team before posting inaccurate facts.

Last edited:

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
1) I don't recall any fan saying that he was a lock this season - or even likely. Most felt there was close to zero possibility. Few fans are higher on Liljegren than I am, and I am one who thinks that he is good enough to be on the Leafs this year. But most people understand that every coach in the NHL is different and that Babcock is the least trusting coach of young players. This has been the case throughout his NHL coaching career.

2) To call Rosen the best marlie last season is ridiculous. Rosen had a good playoff, but even there, a lot of praise is due to offensive numbers, which often, especially over short periods of time, are due to luck. For the first half of the season last year Rosen was possibly the worst D on the Marlies. He was a complete train wreck defensively. Wheeler ranked Rosen 16th on the Marlies (5th among D) in terms of performance at the end of the January and said that when Liljegren was paired with Rosen (which was often) it was so there a defensively responsible D on with Rosen.

3) Rosen has 6 giveaways in 6 preseason games (over two seasons at 5v5). He is a turnover machine, and the same was true in the AHL in the many games I watched him play there. Brannstrom, who you love, had 4 giveaways in 5 preseason games (with 3.75 GA/60 and 62% OZ starts). Liljegren, who you think needs a brain transplant and who you think is terrible defensively (entirely based on your bias, because you don't watch him play), has no giveaways in 4 preseason games (with 1.38 GA/60 and 43% OZ starts). Reality shows you are completely full of ****.

1. I respect your opininon, but i dont agree!

2. Rosen was the best Marlie in the playoffs as you said, when teams send down their best players!

3. That was a lot of waffle, yeeah all 3 who i mentioned are better D prospects then Liljegren Brannstrom included, theres no debate over that.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough

2. Rosen was the best Marlie in the playoffs as you said, when teams send down their best players!

3. That was a lot of waffle, yeeah all 3 who i mentioned are better D prospects then Liljegren Brannstrom included, theres no debate over that.

There is no debate over 4 defense prospects all chosen within a few spots of each other 1 year ago?

Interesting. Good to know. Happy to see that the case is closed on their careers already.

Mitch nylander

Jun 2, 2016
@McClelland here's a list using a short period of time. :)

Notable Defensemen who did not play in their draft + 2 only using 1st and 2nd rounders.

Since 2008

Alex Pietrangelo (only 9 games)
Roman Josi
Ryan Ellis
Jake Gardiner
Justin Schultz
Dmitry Orlov
Matt Dumba
Brady Skjei
Damon Severson
Travis Hamonic
Oscar Klefbom
Darnell Nurse
Calvin De Haan
Ryan Pulock
Shea Theodore
Marco Scandella
Slava Voynov
Mike Matheson
Brian Dumoulin
Joel Edmundson
Madison Bowey
Mark Pysyk
Patrick Nemeth
Connor Murphy
Jamie Oleksiak
Nathan Beaulieu

+ Carlson (20 games), Ekman Larsson (half a year), Hamilton (half a year), Brodie (half a year)

Fun fact Kucherov + Gaudreau didn't make it till their draft +3

Ghost didn't make it till his draft +4

----

Rushing players into the league isn't always good for development...

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo

It wasn't opinion, it was fact. I don't care if you deny reality. It just makes you look stupid.

I didn't say that Rosen was the best Marlie in the playoffs. I don't know how you could have interpreted what as I said as what you claim I said. Are you so biased and delusional that lying is second nature to you?

No waffle. Showed you are completely full of shit. Everyone else sees that too.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
@McClelland here's a list using a short period of time. :)

Notable Defensemen who did not play in their draft + 2 only using 1st and 2nd rounders.

Since 2008

Alex Pietrangelo (only 9 games)
Roman Josi
Ryan Ellis
Jake Gardiner
Justin Schultz
Dmitry Orlov
Matt Dumba
Brady Skjei
Damon Severson
Travis Hamonic
Oscar Klefbom
Darnell Nurse
Calvin De Haan
Ryan Pulock
Shea Theodore
Marco Scandella
Slava Voynov
Mike Matheson
Brian Dumoulin
Joel Edmundson
Madison Bowey
Mark Pysyk
Patrick Nemeth
Connor Murphy
Jamie Oleksiak
Nathan Beaulieu

+ Carlson (20 games), Ekman Larsson (half a year), Hamilton (half a year), Brodie (half a year)

Fun fact Kucherov + Gaudreau didn't make it till their draft +3

Ghost didn't make it till his draft +4

----

Rushing players into the league isn't always good for development...

Factual evidence and competent thinking don't really jive with his hot takes.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
That list are doesnt take injuries into play , klefbom for example battling injurys before he arrive and when he came over.

Its good to not rush prospects in general, but all prospects are different in their development, Liljegren who played against men early was before his class. He havent shown yet that hes a top prospect in Na, he dropped in his draft for some reasons.

Have a great Saturday, must get ready to see Devils get smashed!

Last edited:

Mitch nylander

Jun 2, 2016
Factual evidence and competent thinking don't really jive with his hot takes.

Just for the fun of it I named recent recent guys. Here are some older guys for him. @McClelland

2000s (2000 - 2006)
heres some real good defenders.

Duncan Keith didn't make it till his draft +4
Shea Weber didn't make it till his draft + 3 where he only played 22 games.
Ryan Suter didn't make it till his draft + 3
Dion Phaneuf didn't make it till his draft + 3
Dustin Byfuglien didn't make it fully till his draft + 5
Kris Letang didn't make it till his draft + 3
Toby Enstrom didn't make it till his draft +5
Nicklas Kronwall didn't play a full season till his draft +7
Keith Yandle draft +3
Marek Zidlicky didn't make it till his draft + 3 (was 26 years old)
Dan Hamhuis draft +3
Mike Green Draft + 3 (fully made it)
James Wisniewski draft +5
Alex Edler draft + 4

older guys...

Lidstrom didn't make it till his draft + 3
Macinnis didn't fully make it till his draft + 3
Leetch didn't fully make it till his draft + 3
Chelios draft +4
Chara draft +3
Rob Blake draft + 3

----

Malkins first year was his draft +3

Reactions: teddygmr

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Just for the fun of it I named recent recent guys. Here are some older guys for him. @McClelland

2000s (2000 - 2006)
heres some real good defenders.

Duncan Keith didn't make it till his draft +4
Shea Weber didn't make it till his draft + 3 where he only played 22 games.
Ryan Suter didn't make it till his draft + 3
Dion Phaneuf didn't make it till his draft + 3
Dustin Byfuglien didn't make it fully till his draft + 5
Kris Letang didn't make it till his draft + 3
Toby Enstrom didn't make it till his draft +5
Nicklas Kronwall didn't play a full season till his draft +7
Keith Yandle draft +3
Marek Zidlicky didn't make it till his draft + 3 (was 26 years old)
Dan Hamhuis draft +3
Mike Green Draft + 3 (fully made it)
James Wisniewski draft +5
Alex Edler draft + 4

older guys...

Lidstrom didn't make it till his draft + 3
Macinnis didn't fully make it till his draft + 3
Leetch didn't fully make it till his draft + 3
Chelios draft +4
Chara draft +3
Rob Blake draft + 3

----

Malkins first year was his draft +3
Really makes you think.

I'm glad they're taking it slow with their prospects these days.

Engvall looked great last night as well.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I realize that no matter what this is going to follow Liljegren throughout his career. Because in the months leading up to the draft some scouts said that he had a low IQ, made risky plays and that resulted in bad giveaways, people are going to continue to bang that drum no matter how he plays.

In two preseasons (so far) Liljegren has one recorded giveaway. His giveaways per 60 is the lowest among any Leafs D over those two pre-seasons. And Liljegren has the puck a lot. Now of course people are going to say that the D who are already guaranteed to make the team are not trying very hard so you can't compare them with players trying to make the team (however the Leafs' D giveaways/60 during the last two preseasons is the exact same as the Leafs' D giveaways/60 during the last regular season - 2.96). So here is a list of young D trying to make NHL teams:

Giveaways/60 (all strengths) career preseasons:
Foote 0.00
Claque 0.81
Liljegren 1.27
Carlo 1.35
Bean 1.64
Bouchard 1.79
Myers 1.79
Niku 1.84
Boqvist 1.98
Juulsen 2.06
Juolevi 2.07
Kylington 2.08
Chabot 2.44
Vaakanainen 2.47
Hronek 2.55
Heiskanen 2.62
Merkley 2.84
Beaudin 2.85
Dahlin 2.98
Smith 3.02
Brannstrom 3.12
Dobson 3.42
Valimaki 3.79
Sandin 4.87
Wilde 7.20
Joseph 7.98

So he has 1 giveaway but his giveaways/60 is 1.27. Why the hell are you using giveaways/60 in a sample size so small that he hasnt actually played 60 mins. Advanced stats are nice and all but come on

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Not every project pan out, wasnt he supposed to be a lock this season according to Tml fans! Rosen was the best marlie last season and he was a turnover machine in preseason games.

Liljegren could take 2-3 years more to develope, if he ever make a Nhl career.
Yeh, rushing prospects into the league is definitely the way to do it. Just look at the juggernaut in Edmonton :sarcasm:

Reactions: stickty111

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Because when responding to idiots talking about all his of giveaways in the preseason, that is the best one can do.

Then just say he has one recorded giveaway in the past 2 preseasons. It looks like youre trying too hard to sound smart by converting tht into a rate stat when he hasnt even played a full 60 mins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad