RD PK Subban (2007, 43rd, MTL)

WestIslander

Feb 5, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
I would say a 1st round draft pick and a prospect, he has the same value as guy's like Eberle, Fowler and Skinner, however, offensive defenseman like him that can hit and shoot like a veteran are hard to come by so maybe we can land a top 5 draft pick for him, maybe Edmonton?

It often boggles my mind why and how we was NOT selected in the 1st round of the 2007 NHL entry draft and dropped to the mid-second round.

Parise09*

I would say a 1st round draft pick and a prospect, he has the same value as guy's like Eberle, Fowler and Skinner, however, offensive defenseman like him that can hit and shoot like a veteran are hard to come by so maybe we can land a top 5 draft pick for him, maybe Edmonton?

It often boggles my mind why and how we was NOT selected in the 1st round of the 2007 NHL entry draft and dropped to the mid-second round.

Oilers say HELL NO..lol

WestIslander

Feb 5, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
Oilers say HELL NO..lol

Really? Because the last time I checked the Oilers have no defenseman playing for them or with his potential with the organization.

Build your team around snipers and play makers like Hall, Eberle, Horcoff and Hemsky all you want, sooner than later you need defense.

Ask San Jose and Washington!

malkovsby

Sep 4, 2009
BC
Really? Because the last time I checked the Oilers have no defenseman playing for them or with his potential with the organization.

Build your team around snipers and play makers like Hall, Eberle, Horcoff and Hemsky all you want, sooner than later you need defense.

oilers are in build from within mode..its a certainty their not dealing a top five pick for a dman with uncertain potential (although skilled) who has had well publicized discipline and respect issues.

Mikey71

Apr 3, 2005
Petry and Marincin are evolving into very very solid prospects on defence. Petry is already showing it now in Edmonton while Marincin, if you check his WHL stats, is doing.....good.

There is also that nugget that Edmonton's chance of drafting Larsson is getting better by the week, and all of a sudden Edmonton's future on defence could begin to rival their forward situation.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver

I'm a big PK fan, but I really don't see his value as on par with Fowler or Skinner, not all good rookies are by default worth the same. PK is playing almost as well as Skinner and Fowler, but he's 3 years older than Skinner and over 2.5 years older than Fowler, that's a big difference at this age. These two are teenagers, PK will be 22 in May. Not saying that he is old in any way, shape or form, but the way Skinner and Fowler are playing at such a ridiculously young age is more impressive IMO.

As for what pick he could land, I think you'd have trouble getting any of Larsson, Couturier, RNH or Landeskog for him, but he's probably worth Murphy (depending on the team), so I'd say around 5-7, yeah. I don't see this draft as particularly strong at the top end, personally.

Last edited:

WestIslander

Feb 5, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
oilers are in build from within mode..its a certainty their not dealing a top five pick for a dman with uncertain potential (although skilled) who has had well publicized discipline and respect issues.

Both of the above statements make no sense at all, and it shows that you know nothing about Subban and The Habs.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
to the OP

Jeff Petry will be a solid D-Men in this league. Probably won't have the same impact that Subban could have, but extremely solid nonetheless, and I'm pretty sure that if the Oilers get a top pick, they'll try to select Larsson.

Robert604strom

May 31, 2010
Victoria
Petry will be better than Subban? LOL! really i highly doubt that. P.k Is a threat everywhere. Hes solid on the p.p,getting better on the P.k No pun intended. The more weight he puts on and the more controlled his personallity gets the better he will be. All Petry will be is a solid p.p guy.

fcpremix88

Mar 9, 2007
Tampa
Petry and Marincin are evolving into very very solid prospects on defence. Petry is already showing it now in Edmonton while Marincin, if you check his WHL stats, is doing.....good.

to the OP

Jeff Petry will be a solid D-Men in this league. Probably won't have the same impact that Subban could have, but extremely solid nonetheless, and I'm pretty sure that if the Oilers get a top pick, they'll try to select Larsson.

Petry will be better than Subban? LOL! really i highly doubt that. P.k Is a threat everywhere. Hes solid on the p.p,getting better on the P.k No pun intended. The more weight he puts on and the more controlled his personallity gets the better he will be. All Petry will be is a solid p.p guy.

What is this?

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010

Because he used to be all-offense, no-defense.

Mikey71

Apr 3, 2005
Can you not read? I am shocked that they would compare Subban to any of those guys. Subban is going to be a Norris Winner one day.

Hooked On Phonics is for sale everywhere, you should look into it. :help:

It was suggested by me that Edmonton has 2 very good prospects, and they do(look it up). I looked back and nobody said there are sure fire locks to be as good, that was your twist on words. The other pro Oiler comment even went as far as to say Petry probably wouldn't have the impact PK did. My opinion right now is that Petry is playing as good as PK is since Petry has been called up, in his rookie season to boot. Also, Marincin has been viewed by many as one of and in some cases THE best defenceman in the WHL. Lets not forget that you totally ignored the reminder that Larsson could also be added to the stable in Edmonton by both of us.

Hey, PK is a terrific young player, but he has holes in his game. I think his largest hole in his game right now is between his ears, but hopefully he will mature a bit.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
:laugh:

Norris winners have to be able to play defense. Maybe he'll improve and learn but right now, hah. You're wishing and hoping rather than honestly projecting.

Yeah, it's not like Subban is playing 23+ minutes a game and is on the 1st PK pair. Man, stop acting like you watch the kid play. I watch every habs game and, without saying he'll win the norris some day, he WILL be nominated a few times.

Haters gonna hate.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Yeah, it's not like Subban is playing 23+ minutes a game and is on the 1st PK pair. Man, stop acting like you watch the kid play. I watch every habs game and, without saying he'll win the norris some day, he WILL be nominated a few times.

Haters gonna hate.

He's playing 23 minutes a night because of injuries, Einstein. It wasn't long ago he was being healthy scratched every night. Your inability to accept another person's opinion is evidence of your lack of intellect.

fcpremix88

Mar 9, 2007
Tampa
Can you not read? I am shocked that they would compare Subban to any of those guys. Subban is going to be a Norris Winner one day.

Well, I've got 8 minutes to kill. Let's find out. :laugh:

What he worths?

OP wants to know what the value of PK Subban is.

Suggestion that Edmonton's top5 pick would be fair value.

Oilers say HELL NO..lol

Doesn't agree.

The Oilers are built with offense, but will need defense to win in the future.

Oilers are rebuilding and won't trade top5 pick.

There is also that nugget that Edmonton's chance of drafting Larsson is getting better by the week, and all of a sudden Edmonton's future on defence could begin to rival their forward situation.

Oilers aren't lacking defensive prospects. Petry and Marincin are pretty good, and maybe the Oilers will draft Larsson.

to the OP

Petry looks like a good defenseman. WON'T BE AS GOOD AS SUBBAN, but still looks promising.

Overly defensive response to something no one said.

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland
Hehe nice rebuttal ^^^ to the clueless guy

This thread is funny. Subban is good, probably overrated by Hab fans but underrated by some on here as well.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
I'd be curious to see peoples opinion of Voinov vs Subban when they are very similar prospects....except one does have a Canadian hype train behind it.

leafmon

Nov 13, 2006
Probably worth less then at the begining of the year when some had him as a ROTY hopefull. Or is he still that despite being benched five games....... If not how could he be worth more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad