RD Nils Lundkvist - Luleå, SWE JRs (2018, 28th, NYR)

hallonskal

Jun 1, 2010
Does that cover the whole season or just playoffs/the bronze game? Was Boqvist not eligible because he's in the SHL? I'm not really sure how SuperElit works.

The reward says it covers the whole season. If it was just for the playoffs I'm sure Erik Brännström would have gotten it. Boqvist and Lundkvist played 25 respectively 26 games in SuperElit this season so both of them were eligible.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Lundkvist has unfortunately been underwhelming at the U18s. He has been used in a bigger role than he could handle, lots of ice time, plenty of minutes on the PP. Haven't liked his play with the puck at all, lots of passes that have been off, especially those blind drop passes on the PP entry. Uses the boards a ton in his own end when pressured and doesn't look comfortable making a first pass up the middle.

Still like this player but it became more and more obvious that he shouldn't be a 1st rounder this summer.

Reactions: Zaddy

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think he's more of an early second than a late first. If he's a late first, I think it speaks to how weak the depth in first round talent this draft has.

Reactions: NJ DevLolz

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I think he's more of an early second than a late first. If he's a late first, I think it speaks to how weak the depth in first round talent this draft has.
The depth in this first round is definitely weak compared to other drafts, after around 15 ish I’m not a fan up until the 2nd round hits (like I said before) where it’s one of the best in a LONG time. There is little separation from 20-50

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
The depth in this first round is definitely weak compared to other drafts, after around 15 ish I’m not a fan up until the 2nd round hits (like I said before) where it’s one of the best in a LONG time. There is little separation from 20-50

I like how you phrased this. People are unimpressed by some of the talent on the back half of the first round and immediately are like "this draft is so overrated" but they are missing the point which you defined nicely. It's going to be a super deep, super productive draft - it just has a different "tier" layering than maybe we are used to. I feel like the clubs that loaded up on 2nd and 3rd round type picks are going to come away from draft weekend with completely transformed and enhanced prospect pools.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Wrote this piece on Lundkvist a month back:
2018 Late First To Second Round Draft Targets: Nils Lundkvist

Since then he had a meh U18s where he tried to force things and played with way too small margins.
That's just one short tournament though and i put way higher stock into the "real" season rather then short tournaments so it doesn't change my view on him much if at all.

Nice article, and I agree with your take. His U18 play was a bit bizarre (what was with that drop pass play?), but ultimately outweighed by his play during the SHL season and the 5 nations.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Nice article, and I agree with your take. His U18 play was a bit bizarre (what was with that drop pass play?), but ultimately outweighed by his play during the SHL season and the 5 nations.

He really looked like he was trying to force plays that weren't there at U18s, like he was fatigued... Which would be understandable.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
He really looked like he was trying to force plays that weren't there at U18s, like he was fatigued... Which would be understandable.

What he did in a year is a lot. I think it could be mentally exhausting. This was the first post I made about him this year: ''Luleå also had a defenseman eligible for this draft play a few shifts: Nils Lundkvist. The game was going too fast for him so he was benched for most of the game.''

That was October 30th. By the new year he was playing 18 minutes per night regularly, in all situations. That's a lot of progress in 2 months.

Reactions: ManUtdTobbe

Mark Kandy

Habcoolic
Jul 22, 2014
Montreal
Interesting prospect, I'd absolutely love if Habs can snag him at #38. He's #36 on McKenzie's list tho, which is kind of a concensus so maybe he'll be picked in Round 1.

Any thoughts on him, if some users in here have seen him play? Watched lots of highlights and I personally love his game but YouTube videos aren't saying everything ;)

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Interesting prospect, I'd absolutely love if Habs can snag him at #38. He's #36 on McKenzie's list tho, which is kind of a concensus so maybe he'll be picked in Round 1.

Any thoughts on him, if some users in here have seen him play? Watched lots of highlights and I personally love his game but YouTube videos aren't saying everything ;)

Here are 3 shift by shift videos

Nils Lundkvist – ProspectShifts.com

Edit - Make that 4. Found one I didn't post.

Last edited:
Reactions: NotProkofievian

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Another pick I didn't like, but he's a good player.

I would've considered this much less of an issue if we didn't trade away a second round pick for Miller who I think is a way bigger reach than Lundkvist. Lundkvist is also a player I consider to be a reach.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Because you're most likely incredibly insecure.

You caught me red handed. :laugh:

You sound like a pathetic person. You are picking a fight with a stranger on a message board for literally no reason. Really bizarre. I don't think I've even once responded to any of your posts before this. I had to actually look at your profile to figure out what team you are even a fan of.

Reactions: QJL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad