RD Nils Lundkvist - Luleå, SWE JRs (2018, 28th, NYR)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He likely won’t play on Wednesday. We will probably dress a wrestling team because under this new GM and coach we are supposedly the toughest team in the league.

I think he’ll be back for game 2. The good news is he wasn’t sent to the AHL to start out, unlike Kravtsov, so I think it’s more likely a one-game demotion from the third pair.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
He likely won’t play on Wednesday. We will probably dress a wrestling team because under this new GM and coach we are supposedly the toughest team in the league.

I think he’ll be back for game 2. The good news is he wasn’t sent to the AHL to start out, unlike Kravtsov, so I think it’s more likely a one-game demotion from the third pair.
Where are you reading he likely won't play Wednesday?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
With how impressive Jones was in camp I don't think the Rangers are going to keep him down for long if he keeps it up. I was blown away.

The battles on defense will be interesting to watch.

Jones vs Miller for a spot on the left

Schneider vs Lundkvist for a spot on the right

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
We play Dallas today and I’m hoping he plays.

We got destroyed in the first game and the defense struggled to move the puck. Skill wins in the NHL, not toughness. I’m hoping we see adjustments, and that includes that Lundkvist must get a chance to play every game. That he had to sit game 1 to insert a plug is already enough.

Reactions: Yozhik v tumane

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He got his first career point tonight. There’s not been much to update. He only plays about 15 minutes per game on the third pair and second PP. His advanced stats don’t look good, but I don’t think he’s been bad. He’s not excelling either though. There is an adjustment, and he’s not needed to be anything more than third pair in his rookie season, so that’s probably good for him. He’s not being given too much responsibility at the beginning of his first season.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Assists in back to back appearances. He’s the guy who took the initial shot in the gif below.

It’s back to back appearances a week apart due to Nils sitting out Sunday and Tuesday because the coach loves veterans that suck. There was no reason to take him out of the lineup. He only got less than 13 minutes today, so I don’t think the coach is doing him any favors.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Assists in back to back appearances. He’s the guy who took the initial shot in the gif below.

It’s back to back appearances a week apart due to Nils sitting out Sunday and Tuesday because the coach loves veterans that suck. There was no reason to take him out of the lineup. He only got less than 13 minutes today, so I don’t think the coach is doing him any favors.

"shot" :sarcasm:

I kid, rooting for this kid and glad he's getting more comfortable, he doesn't even get that point if he's not assertive with the puck. Cheers

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sent down to the AHL.

I'm very disenfranchised with how this team is run from a management standpoint. The NHL team is good because it has a few stars, but almost everything else sucks.

How Lundkvist has been dealt with is part of the problem. His October and November were treading water. There was an adjustment period for him to learning the NHL game and the NA game. He started to play better in early December, and was playing pretty well. Then he got sick, and lost his spot through no fault of his own. He wasn't ever given a real chance to earn it back.

Florida and Vegas fans warned us that Gallant loves his bad players. We have three plugs that Gallant seems to like for our third pair (Nemeth, Hajek, Tinordi). Jones is staying for now with the NHL team, but even he was taken out of the lineup quickly because he got the misfortune of being paired with Hajek for a game that Hajek played one of the worst games an NHL'er has played all season. Jones is probably #8.

Lundkvist seems to now be #9. I don't see what he did to cause this and the team's bottom pair has continued to go down hill since Tinordi and Hajek have gotten more playing time in the past month, but now the team doesn't see an NHL role for him and he's down to the AHL.

He's not going to surpass Fox and Trouba anytime soon, but he was starting to figure out the NHL game. Really stupid management.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Many are having meltdowns over this. That’s NY for you. He’s 21, is undersized, and you can tell he needs more seasoning, and he’ll get that in Hartford where he can play more minutes and gain confidence. Schneider is someone that is probably more Gallant’s cup of tea right now. However, Lundkvist had a decent camp and earned Gallant’s trust enough to play him 20+ games. People need to get a grip. He will be back.

molotce

Apr 14, 2017
Many are having meltdowns over this. That’s NY for you. He’s 21, is undersized, and you can tell he needs more seasoning, and he’ll get that in Hartford where he can play more minutes and gain confidence. Schneider is someone that is probably more Gallant’s cup of tea right now. However, Lundkvist had a decent camp and earned Gallant’s trust enough to play him 20+ games. People need to get a grip. He will be back.
It's just that he looked considerably worst at the start of the season, kept making strides and now he's sent down|

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
It's just that he looked considerably worst at the start of the season, kept making strides and now he's sent down|

And there’s no plan. This is a way to get the plugs more games. Schneider is not going to play more than a few games. He’s not had a very good AHL season and is not NHL ready.

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
And there’s no plan. This is a way to get the plugs more games. Schneider is not going to play more than a few games. He’s not had a very good AHL season and is not NHL ready.
They want to see what Schneider can do and have Nils get plenty of reps. Then the org will decide who amongst their stable of stud prospect D men will be included in a trade for a center.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
They want to see what Schneider can do and have Nils get plenty of reps. Then the org will decide who amongst their stable of stud prospect D men will be included in a trade for a center.

They watch him in the AHL. They know what he can do. They know what all of them can do. Have about having some discipline and following some type of plan?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad