RD Colton Parayko (2012, 86th, STL)

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Ya they don't HAVE to, but they will.

I cant see them having Petro at a big cap, Jbo at a big cap, Shattenkirk soon to get a giant raise and also Parayko getting a giant raise. I think it's pretty obvious they will use a dman in a blockbuster trade within the next year or 2. And if Parayko keeps getting better and better, that will definitely make one of Petro or Shattenkirk expendable. Which is a deadly situation for the Blues cause the return would be huge

Parayko getting a giant raise? Seriously? He's played 10 games. He's at least 3 seasons away from a big raise. Neither Pietrangelo or Shattenkirk is being made expendable by a rookie.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Parayko getting a giant raise? Seriously? He's played 10 games. He's at least 3 seasons away from a big raise. Neither Pietrangelo or Shattenkirk is being made expendable by a rookie.

He will get a big raise by the time his contract is up after next season. Hes only making 700 ish this year and next....Seems to be the going trend with young dmen now after a short period of time. Klingberg got a huge raise after 1 season, Klefbom got a huge raise after 70 some odd NHL games and as of now Im sure Parayko would be in line after next season for a large raise.

Im curious to what you would think his next contract will be

Last edited:

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Im just saying, even if Parayko puts up minimal points for the rest of the year and finishes the season with 15-20 points but keeps playing strong and playing huge mins, which is very reasonable and achievable, I'm sure he could walk in and show the GM an example of Klefbom and his 4.167 Mill a year deal for 7 years and tell him this is the starting point(Klef only had 77 NHL games under his belt when he signed this).

But there is no real point discussing this yet cause the season is still young. But Im just saying there is a possibility this could easily happen even if he keeps up like 70% of the pace he has going right now

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
He might get a huge raise, but I think it would benefit STL to get him at a long term contract while young. Give him a deal that gives him 4 mil a year for 7 years. It might be a little over payment at first, but having a top pairing dman on a cheap/long contract for the remaining years more than makes up for it (see Josi’s deal)

PsychoDad

Apr 20, 2007
Berlin
He might get a huge raise, but I think it would benefit STL to get him at a long term contract while young. Give him a deal that gives him 4 mil a year for 7 years. It might be a little over payment at first, but having a top pairing dman on a cheap/long contract for the remaining years more than makes up for it (see Josi’s deal)

Parayko would be an idiot to sign 4mx7 deal. If he doesn't use the next 2 years to prove he is already worth at least Hamilton money - he'd sign a bridge contract.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Parayko would be an idiot to sign 4mx7 deal. If he doesn't use the next 2 years to prove he is already worth at least Hamilton money - he'd sign a bridge contract.

Ya those deals compared to a 2 year bridge deal is always a huge debate id imagine for a young guy. Like Im sure it is next to impossible for a young kid to turn down over 4 mill a year for 7 years for a deal worth 2.5 mill a year but it would be a way smart idea potentially. Like with Klingberg in Dallas, it would have been way smarter for him to sign a bridge deal cause then his next deal after that would be insane. But now he is stuck at 4 million or so for 7 years when really he should be already making more than that. But on the flip side you never know what the future can hold and it's never a bad idea locking in to close to 30 million when you can just cause a player risks injuries and all that.

Him making 858,750 this year and next year though is a HUGE steal for the Blues haha

PsychoDad

Apr 20, 2007
Berlin
Ya those deals compared to a 2 year bridge deal is always a huge debate id imagine for a young guy. Like Im sure it is next to impossible for a young kid to turn down over 4 mill a year for 7 years for a deal worth 2.5 mill a year but it would be a way smart idea potentially. Like with Klingberg in Dallas, it would have been way smarter for him to sign a bridge deal cause then his next deal after that would be insane. But now he is stuck at 4 million or so for 7 years when really he should be already making more than that. But on the flip side you never know what the future can hold and it's never a bad idea locking in to close to 30 million when you can just cause a player risks injuries and all that.

Him making 858,750 this year and next year though is a HUGE steal for the Blues haha

He is not a steal, it's a normal ELC contract though.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
So Paryko is the new Blues player with the offer sheet hype. First it was Petro and then it was Tarasenko. Nothing happened there. He's not going anywhere.

You forgot Shatty, Schwartz.... And the list goes on. That summer when we had 3 big FRA and the Phiili fans would let it go. They were going to get shatty.....

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO

Does that mean Josi was an idiot? Some guys like the long term security. Regardless, it's kind of a moot point since this is his rookie year 11 games in.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
2 assists for him so far tonight... must be trying to get his point total higher now that Calder is up for grabs haha

up to 9 points on the year now and tied with Larkin, Lindberg, Ehlers for 4th in rookie scoring

Last edited:

RickyR

Dec 8, 2013
Also made a gorgeous stretch pass that led to the OT goal.

A rookie D-man on the 1st PP unit and getting ice time in 3v3 overtime. It's completely amazing how well he is doing. I know it's early, but he's got ridiculous upside.

Last edited:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I can't wait until he starts to get more confident about actually unleashing his slapshot. I've only seen him use it twice this season.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
This guy's upside is definitely sky high, has a booming shot, can make plays, good offensive instincts, big size, good skater, etc. What a start to his NHL career.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
I can't wait until he starts to get more confident about actually unleashing his slapshot. I've only seen him use it twice this season.

Once breaking the glass and other hurting Pavelecs arm? Yeah, he should definitely use it more. His wrist shot is working wonders right now though.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012

Ya its funny cause he is doing unbelievable and putting up a lot of points and consistently getting better and better yet he is still reluctant at times. You can see that he wants to jump up and join the rush more and more and play an even more offensive game. You don't see many kids this size playing the way he plays.

This kid is a different breed

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Even though he took a penalty last night, you have to admire his ability to catch the 2 on 0 and break it up

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011

Every player has different priorities. Some of them like the security of a long term contract, even if it means taking a lower AAV, and some will hold out for dear life to get paid. 28 million over the course of your 20s isn't exactly chickenfeed.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Beautiful goal today by him... has very impressive hands for a big man. Cant figure out how to attach the clip of it off of NHL.COM but he dipsy doodled around Brodie in front of the net and scored... wow great goal.

He is going to be so damn good. Such a good player

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
[nhl]2015020484-68-h[/nhl]

pure filth

Nugey McNugeson

Nov 24, 2014
Edmonton
This kid can really play. I'm just hoping and praying that he might play for his childhood team, the oilers one day. Unlikely, but i can dream:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad