RD Colton Parayko (2012, 86th, STL)

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
One of my biggest gripes about Parayko is his shot. During his NHL phone interview, he just started to realize his shot over the last couple years. If he works on getting off quicker, he will truly have a shot that rivals Weber. I'm no expert but he really seems to turn his wrists over to keep the puck low. I wonder if getting a custom blade/stick will make a big difference. He's so damn big and powerful, he could use pretty stiff shaft and get some whip out of it.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
One of my biggest gripes about Parayko is his shot. During his NHL phone interview, he just started to realize his shot over the last couple years. If he works on getting off quicker, he will truly have a shot that rivals Weber. I'm no expert but he really seems to turn his wrists over to keep the puck low. I wonder if getting a custom blade/stick will make a big difference. He's so damn big and powerful, he could use pretty stiff shaft and get some whip out of it.

Ya its funny how you can just tell when watching The Blues that its almost like hes not yet confident with his shot. Its funny you say what he said in the interview cause that's exactly what ive thought. It really does seem like one morning he woke up and went to practice and saw he had a ridiculously hard shot and is trying to get used to what to do with it now. These past few games on the PP I see Petro keep trying to set him up for a one timer but Parayko keeps denying it and passing it around. For me his shot is one of his biggest strengths yet its also his one thing he really needs to work on.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
He still lost that board battle to another rookie, who's like 2 times smaller, that costed STL a goal against.

But also utilized his shot and scored a big goal for the Blues. Its funny cause its gotten to a point where I feel he is completely dominating and such a good player that when he makes a mistake and gets beat like that, I feel a bit disappointed... until I remember he is a rookie and was playing college hockey last season.

But I love the fact the Blues threw him out again the next shift. I was watching for that to see how coaches/Parayko would react, and they did so by playing him the next shift and not miss a beat. Kid has so much confidence and coaches have extreme confidence in him.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
He still lost that board battle to another rookie, who's like 2 times smaller, that costed STL a goal against.

Yes....a 24yr old 6yr pro veteran that made an excellent play. It happens.

Parayko is deffinently in the positive category here

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yes. Upside. If you watched Parayko as a rookie, you'd understand.
He's got the shot, is bigger, more mobile, very good defensively, has tremendous hockey sense...and is still a rookie.

I have watched Parayko, multiple times. I think you've forgotten how dominant Weber was at his peak...and you're saying he will be better?

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Parayko is amazing. Future #1D and potential Norris Trophy candidate. Blues really found a gem with this one.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011

One of the things that comes with experience is a better understanding of when you need to be physical. It was a bad play from Parayko, but one that I'm confident he won't be making in 12 months time.

But then, all players make bad plays. Keith didn't look very good on the Blues winning goal. It happens.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL

Yeah...it was a great play by Panarin for sure. And having watched Parayko his whole rookie season I can tell you, 1) he learned a lot from that and will make adjustments so that doesn't become a regular occurrence, 2) that was one of the few times this whole season that he's made a mistake that directly led to a goal against. When he does make rookie-mistakes, he's usually able to recover and prevent damage...which is one of the things that makes him truly special.

I have watched Parayko, multiple times. I think you've forgotten how dominant Weber was at his peak...and you're saying he will be better?

He can be better. Not saying he will. It wouldn't surprise me to see Parayko end up one of the league's top-5 d-men in his prime. Having watched guys like Pronger, MacInnis, Stevens (briefly) and Pietrangelo patrol the blue-line in St. Louis, it's obvious that Parayko has all the tools to be one of the all-time greats in St. Louis.

If he plateaus today and remains exactly what he currently is, the Blues would have a very good number 2 D-man. In three years, with more experience and confidence he could be the envy of the league.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I think a lot of people are finally watching Parayko and seeing what the hype was about. Welcome Eastern Fans to the Parayko show.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
haha just heard during the game that Parayko is still taking courses to finish his degree and wrote an exam between games 3 and 4 VS the Hawks

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
haha just heard during the game that Parayko is still taking courses to finish his degree and wrote an exam between games 3 and 4 VS the Hawks

What a boss. I love Parayko he might be my favourite non-Oiler player in the NHL.

Firecracker

Jul 3, 2015
PNpytYR.png

Reporter from Fairbanks on his shot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad