RD Adam Jiříček - HC Plzen, Czechia (2024 Draft)

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
For those who have watched how is he looking? From an outside perspective, very slow start. No points in the men’s league or J20 league.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
For those who have watched how is he looking? From an outside perspective, very slow start. No points in the men’s league or J20 league.
Its worrying to say at least. Plzen had an absolute terrible start to the season, plus the club sadly looks weak (they will probably be glad if they can make it to the preliminary PO round, which means finishing 12 out of 14 after the regular season lol), and Jiricek with Benak was kinda amongst the first who suffered from this by being send down to U20 team.

What is worrying is the fact, that Jiricek is not producing even there and honestly he just cant stay in Czech U20 league and hoping to be drafted in the first round. Czech junior league is too weak for that.

Something really needs to be done about his situation, or this can end up badly. I am starting to get a little nervous about him to be honest.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Jiricek back in the ELH for a match against Boleslav today.

He Is the seventh D only though, so lets see how much time he Is actually going to get.

Reactions: Czechboy

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Its worrying to say at least. Plzen had an absolute terrible start to the season, plus the club sadly looks weak (they will probably be glad if they can make it to the preliminary PO round, which means finishing 12 out of 14 after the regular season lol), and Jiricek with Benak was kinda amongst the first who suffered from this by being send down to U20 team.

What is worrying is the fact, that Jiricek is not producing even there and honestly he just cant stay in Czech U20 league and hoping to be drafted in the first round. Czech junior league is too weak for that.

Something really needs to be done about his situation, or this can end up badly. I am starting to get a little nervous about him to be honest.

He'll go in the first round, likely in the top half. I think NHL teams know by now that Czech league scoring doesn't really tell you much about a player's ceiling. So many guys like Kulich, Svozil, and big brother David have done well when they've gone on to North America. They'll pay attention to the skill set, especially Adam's amazing skating, and take him no matter what happens in the league play.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
He'll go in the first round, likely in the top half. I think NHL teams know by now that Czech league scoring doesn't really tell you much about a player's ceiling. So many guys like Kulich, Svozil, and big brother David have done well when they've gone on to North America. They'll pay attention to the skill set, especially Adam's amazing skating, and take him no matter what happens in the league play.
Hope you are right then.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

If you listen closely you can hear Scotka saying 'no world Juniors for you'.

I didn't like the hit as the puck was nowhere near jiricek. I actually hated the hit. To be clear.. f*** Jan Scotka.

Scotka is a piece of shit of a player and looks like a piece of shit of a human too. Just basicaly vile jealous nobody lol.

Hope we dont have to suffer him in Prague in may.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Scotka is a piece of shit of a player and looks like a piece of shit of a human too. Just basicaly vile jealous nobody lol.

Hope we dont have to suffer him in Prague in may.

Think he got 4 game suspension for being a douche.lol

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Good to see that he will be ready for the world juniors. His stats this season got to be concerning though. One point in 19 games isn't what I was expecting and its not like the Czech League is one of the best in europe either. Interestingly he hasn't fallen in many draft lists yet. Anybody know what the issue is there? Just an "off season" offensively or are there deployment issues (ice time/pp opportunities) in play?

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
Good to see that he will be ready for the world juniors. His stats this season got to be concerning though. One point in 19 games isn't what I was expecting and its not like the Czech League is one of the best in europe either. Interestingly he hasn't fallen in many draft lists yet. Anybody know what the issue is there? Just an "off season" offensively or are there deployment issues (ice time/pp opportunities) in play?
From another thread:
I really liked his tournament this summer. I don’t watch Czech league play. The stat line looks a little concerning. What’s the story?

Just to elaborate on this:

- there are at max 4 forwards on his team who are confident enough to sustain offensive pressure for more than a few seconds, so Jiricek gets very few opportunities to create in the O-zone 5v5
- also, the team's MVP is another RD who logs in 30 min/night on regular basis and runs PP1 with the rest of the talented guys, so Adam gets to play on PP2 (1:50 per game on average) with the struggling players.
- on the PP, he's very good at distributing the puck at the top of the umbrella, but he isn't getting ANY "free" assists because the forwards will simply not score on their shot attempts. On top of that, he's struggling a lot with getting his blueline shots through the block (by far the weakest part of his game imo), so that doesn't help his numbers either.

Btw, Czech Extraliga is one of the hardest euro leagues to play for a young player in my opinion. Very gritty and defense-oriented, with not much space to create - huge emphasis on tactics and board battles. Hard to get on the scoresheet for any U18 player.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Ok just out of curiosity what are the better leagues in europe then? :D SHL (Sweden) sure, NLA (Switzerland) yeah also bit better, but I would say, that not by that much, and lot of the quality there is made by foreign players. Ten Liiga (Finland) I would say is really on the same level as ELH. Other leagues are 100% weaker, so you have two better leagues.

So I would say ELH is one of the best in europe, is top 4 maybe even top 3. That doesnt mean Jiricek stats are not a bit dissapointing, they are, but I just disagree with the statement that czech ELH is not a top europe league.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
It is an awful league for teenagers. If my son had NHL draft potential.. we'd be gone! Heck, some NT coaches had their kids leave too.lol Reichel and Spacek come to mind right away. NT coach Petr's kid is in CHL too after Finland. It's very telling.

As far as where it ranks in Europe... it's a top league for sure. But I don't like it.lol

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Injured vs Slovakia, WJC is over.
The play that injured him looked like simple bad luck TBH. Got tangled up in the corner and Pekarcik from Slovakia fell on his leg/knee at a bad angle. Looked bad in real time and you could hear Jiricek yell out in pain…scary stuff.

I thought after he came back and played another shift against Slovakia he might have escaped serious injury but then he left again. Sad to hear his tournament is done, hope it wasn’t serious ligament damage in his draft season.

Reactions: Goodman68

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Sounds like his brother all over again. Hopefully if Columbus has no lottery luck and goes on some meaningless late season streak they can grab a guy like this later than he should be drafted

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Curious if he still goes in round 1. Also curious why the Czechs let him play a shift in the third.

Reactions: Goodman68

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad