RD Adam Jiříček - HC Plzen, Czechia (2024 Draft)

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
TOI 27:41:eek2:, man of the match.
I have to say that our best defenseman for 2024 Galvas will have some real competition:naughty:
And now, seriously, an excellent performance today, he was confident with the puck, he wanted to create a game. A truly excellent performance for its age.
So jiricek 1 and galvas at 2... Svozil and badinka at 4 and 5. Random Canadian at 3. That draft will be fun.lol

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
So for the U18... Dvorak and Badinka are elibible and then all these 'kids' like Jiricek, Svozil and Galvas can join too? Koci is eligible too?

Sale is eligible (sorry I let you down Goodman... U18 isn't where my fandom starts!) and then probably Jecho and Benak.

Do I have this all right? Please correct me.

Dybal is also available? Not sure about Hrabal.. I think he's elibible but he may still be playing in North America?

Our U18 team sounds pretty stacked to be honest.. bring on April!

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
So for the U18... Dvorak and Badinka are elibible and then all these 'kids' like Jiricek, Svozil and Galvas can join too? Koci is eligible too?

Sale is eligible (sorry I let you down Goodman... U18 isn't where my fandom starts!) and then probably Jecho and Benak.

Do I have this all right? Please correct me.

Dybal is also available? Not sure about Hrabal.. I think he's elibible but he may still be playing in North America?

Our U18 team sounds pretty stacked to be honest.. bring on April!
Also add Stancl and Sprynar to the list (both considered around 2 or 3 round right now for 2023), and also maybe Petr, even though his game is not ideal after the long injury, but in the international tournament on christmas he played really good.

The Czech team certainly looks interesting and strong for the U18 WCH this year.

As for Jiricek, I am glad, that he is finally starting to play with men in ELH, and its amazing how good he was in his first game. Now we need that Oloumouc also starts playing Galvas regularly and with Badinka we can have three defenders in the first round next draft, which would be insane!

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Also add Stancl and Sprynar to the list (both considered around 2 or 3 round right now for 2023), and also maybe Petr, even though his game is not ideal after the long injury, but in the international tournament on christmas he played really good.

The Czech team certainly looks interesting and strong for the U18 WCH this year.

As for Jiricek, I am glad, that he is finally starting to play with men in ELH, and its amazing how good he was in his first game. Now we need that Oloumouc also starts playing Galvas regularly and with Badinka we can have three defenders in the first round next draft, which would be insane!
You write from my heart, good man.

Reactions: Czechboy

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
I've put together some of his shifts from yesterday. He looked very confident a calm on the PP, great skating and puck work. Wouldn't be suprised if he gets more starts this year.

Thanks for this! He's very smooth and poised.

Reactions: Muffinalt

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Hmm, did anyone watch the game against Litvinov today? Why he got only little bit over 5mins of ice time today? Did he play bad, or got injured? I mean its strange since his first two games were really good, to just sideline him like that today.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Třetí útok Plzně si smlsnul na Litvínovu. Mladší Jiříček znovu v akci

Dont like this much, its in Czech, but it basically says something like "he is not gonna be in the team for long. He is playing also thanks to injuries, and he is gonna play for juniors too, but its good that we try him out now and there"

At the end they say, that he can be even better that his brother David. Well, just a reminder David had a full season in ELH with men at his age, so how they can make him better if he is gonna play with juniors, or 5minutes per game.

I was kinda hoping, that they give him a proper chance, but from this interview it doesnt seem like it.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016

Dont like this much, its in Czech, but it basically says something like "he is not gonna be in the team for long. He is playing also thanks to injuries, and he is gonna play for juniors too, but its good that we try him out now and there"

At the end they say, that he can be even better that his brother David. Well, just a reminder David had a full season in ELH with men at his age, so how they can make him better if he is gonna play with juniors, or 5minutes per game.

I was kinda hoping, that they give him a proper chance, but from this interview it doesnt seem like it.
The junior league is not bad for him. The important thing is that he plays a lot and plays important situations. It seems to me that David was stronger at his age, so it may end up being a good choice. It should be noted that there are also players four years older playing there. So far, his development has gone in the right direction.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
The junior league is not bad for him. The important thing is that he plays a lot and plays important situations. It seems to me that David was stronger at his age, so it may end up being a good choice. It should be noted that there are also players four years older playing there. So far, his development has gone in the right direction.
Yeah but Czech U20 is not exactly Finnish or Swedish junior league, which has big quality and "prestige", you cant think of being a 1. round pick from just playing in Czech U20 sadly. On the other hand, Sale or Kulich neither played much in ELH when they were 16, and both are looking great and are 1. round picks, so yeah, maybe for this season its ok if he is going between 1st team and U20 in Plzen, but next yeat he definitely needs to play the whole season in ELH with men.

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
Yeah but Czech U20 is not exactly Finnish or Swedish junior league, which has big quality and "prestige", you cant think of being a 1. round pick from just playing in Czech U20 sadly. On the other hand, Sale or Kulich neither played much in ELH when they were 16, and both are looking great and are 1. round picks, so yeah, maybe for this season its ok if he is going between 1st team and U20 in Plzen, but next yeat he definitely needs to play the whole season in ELH with men.
He didn't need to do "David" thing. Just keep his pace, keep healthy, that's enough.
If not injury on WJC, David's stock will be very different.

Reactions: Goodman68

Rexor

Oct 24, 2006
Brno

The article says they're going to keep switching him between his junior team and Extraliga.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Just jumping in to the above conversation!

I think it's great that he'll be going back and forth between Extraliga and Junior. Send him to U18 as well. Next season he should be very close to full time in ELH and play the World Jr's. His draft stock will sky rocket from all those things.. if he plays well of course. Unlike Kometa, I'm quite confident in Plzen to do the right thing here.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Well second period almost done between Plzen and Sparta today, and he has a 1:15 TOI so far lol. Whats up with that, I thought that they are content with him and give him a proper space. But if he is about to play 3-4 mins per game in ELH, then better send him back to the U20 where he can at least play.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I hope Jiříček and Galvas will go to the championship, it was difficult for them, but they were better than some other defenders, including Badinka.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I hope Jiříček and Galvas will go to the championship, it was difficult for them, but they were better than some other defenders, including Badinka.
My ideal 5 are koci, badinka, jiricek, galvas, Dvorak... That has the makings of a great U20 core in 3 years too. Kind of like the dream d core at the WJHC a few months ago.

Reactions: czech

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
My ideal 5 are koci, badinka, jiricek, galvas, Dvorak... That has the makings of a great U20 core in 3 years too. Kind of like the dream d core at the WJHC a few months ago.
My problem with Badinka is that the more I watch him, the more it becomes clear to me that he has a huge problem in passing if his opponent is good at forechecking. The last tournament confirmed it again, there were a lot of lost pucks thanks to him. The problem is laziness, or worse, clumsiness, and I'm afraid it will be the latter. I don't think this defense is as good as it was in the last championship. It would be nice, it might be very high quality, but I'm not sure if it will be that high quality..

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
My problem with Badinka is that the more I watch him, the more it becomes clear to me that he has a huge problem in passing if his opponent is good at forechecking. The last tournament confirmed it again, there were a lot of lost pucks thanks to him. The problem is laziness, or worse, clumsiness, and I'm afraid it will be the latter. I don't think this defense is as good as it was in the last championship. It would be nice, it might be very high quality, but I'm not sure if it will be that high quality..
Looks like Badinka´s form is steadily and slowly declining throughout the season sadly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad