RD Adam Jiříček - HC Plzen, Czechia (2024 Draft)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Looks like a future first round pick in 2024.

He's similar to David, but I think he's better defensively and skates a little better, while he's maybe not as good offensively. Very good two-way defensemen though. If he gets picked lower than David, I don't think it'll be that many slots lower. I thought he looked like by far the best of the Czech 2024 eligibles on their WHC17 team.

Last edited:

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Looks like a future first round pick in 2024.

He's similar to David, but I think he's better defensively and skates a little better, while he's maybe not as good offensively. Very good two-way defensemen though. If he gets picked lower than David, I don't think it'll be that many slots lower. I thought he looked like by far the best of the Czech 2024 eligibles on their WHC17 team.
Agreed - excellent post.

David is also more physical - but I suspect Adam will develop that more with time. Adam is more calm on the blue line and doesn’t like to shoot as much on the PP, more of a facilitator - I’d like to see him shoot more.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Nominated for the U18 tournament in Zuchwil.
1671118515632.png

So did he get invited a level up ahead of these guys? Pretty impressive if I'm understanding it correctly.

Also, going back to an old argument... 2 NHL drafted players brothers (Kos and Svozil) left for Finland. Curious if Benak and Galvas stick around.

Attachments

• 1671118444711.png
    1671118444711.png
    30.1 KB · Views: 3

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
View attachment 621824

So did he get invited a level up ahead of these guys? Pretty impressive if I'm understanding it correctly.

Also, going back to an old argument... 2 NHL drafted players brothers (Kos and Svozil) left for Finland. Curious if Benak and Galvas stick around.
It really doesn't surprise me again. Benák belongs to the U16 and this would be too big a leap, Galvas hasn't played for a long time, I'm glad that he is even nominated for the U17 and Jiříček is definitely better than the rest of the players.

Reactions: Wooren

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
It really doesn't surprise me again. Benák belongs to the U16 and this would be too big a leap, Galvas hasn't played for a long time, I'm glad that he is even nominated for the U17 and Jiříček is definitely better than the rest of the players.
Agree on both players, but I am still a bit dissapointed only one underager has been nominated. The upcoming tournament is probably the weakest one U18s are going to participate in this season, in terms of overall competition at least, so it felt like a good opportunity to test more players.

Both Benak and Galvas better be at some pre-U18 WJC camp though.

As for Jiricek, good for him, not really surprising. He really is following his brother's footsteps. Czech hockey association should send some gift basket to Jiricek's family, they are single handedly giving some hope to the future of Czech defense core. Don't they have a 3rd one by any chance? lol

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Agree on both players, but I am still a bit dissapointed only one underager has been nominated. The upcoming tournament is probably the weakest one U18s are going to participate in this season, in terms of overall competition at least, so it felt like a good opportunity to test more players.

Both Benak and Galvas better be at some pre-U18 WJC camp though.

As for Jiricek, good for him, not really surprising. He really is following his brother's footsteps. Czech hockey association should send some gift basket to Jiricek's family, they are single handedly giving some hope to the future of Czech defense core. Don't they have a 3rd one by any chance? lol
If Galvas is healthy, I have no doubt he will get a chance. I would be very surprised if he didn't end up playing in the championship.
I would probably be a little worried about Benák, after all he is a subtle player and here every year the difference is very noticeable. Although it is true that he had no physical problems at U17.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I think Adam will be better - but that’s no slight against Badnika - I can see Adam going top-15 in his draft and Badnika going 1st round as of now.

Still early.
Are Badinka, Galvas and Jiricek all in the same draft class?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I have the game on... at one point he was on the bench behind the bench and then, at the end of the second, they gave him some PP time. He carried it end to end and did some nice things for a 16 year old playing with men. The glimpses were nice.

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
I have the game on... at one point he was on the bench behind the bench and then, at the end of the second, they gave him some PP time. He carried it end to end and did some nice things for a 16 year old playing with men. The glimpses were nice.
Tough first game too. Pilsen squad is plagued by health issues and they're getting absolutely shredded. Adam can certainly hold his own which is nice to see. More elegant skater than David and maybe less hot-headed with his decisions at the same age.

Reactions: Czechboy

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
TOI 27:41:eek2:, man of the match.
I have to say that our best defenseman for 2024 Galvas will have some real competition:naughty:
And now, seriously, an excellent performance today, he was confident with the puck, he wanted to create a game. A truly excellent performance for its age.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad