TV: Ray Donovan

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I love this show. Easily my favorite. I like that it runs during the summer so by the time Ray Donovan ends Boardwalk will be up and running, then Walking Dead and then after TWD Game of Thrones !

I think when Terry went to Frances house that the guy might be her brother and that she didn't want him over because he doesn't know she has a kid... Or atleast I hope it's that. I honestly like all 4 brothers, especially Bunchy and Darryl.

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Great episode this past week. Not quite turned around on it yet, but I like how they fleshed some of the characters out & the story line seems to be coming together. Ashley is bat**** crazy & I like it.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
This show is awesome. Love how Ray is becoming the bad guy in his family, and his father is becoming the loved one. Didn't see that coming 3-4 episodes ago.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Intense episode this week. I'm not sure what Ray will do with Marvin but I don't think he'll kill him.

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Man i'm still not sold on this show. I'm giving it a chance but that's because there really isn't anything else on TV Sunday night that i'm intrested in.

I think what bothers me the most about the show is the family dynamic. Ray's family lacks chemistry. To me the lady who play's his wife is trying to be made in to some sort of Irish Carmella Soprano. It just bugs me.

TheMurdocktor

102, Row K, Seat 4
Jul 11, 2010
Glendale, AZ
Finally caught up on the last two episodes.

I think I'm putting all the pieces together. It's been tough though. I like the show, but it's kind of been losing me lately.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Awesome ending. Did not think that would happen prior to the season finale. Sucks we gotta wait 2 weeks because there's no episode on Labor Day weekend.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Thought that was a very good first season and will be looking forward to season 2. The season finale was ok, I thought the previous episode was maybe the best episode all season and would have maybe preferred that even ended the season.

Plan

Dec 30, 2003
Tdot
Visit site
Man i'm still not sold on this show. I'm giving it a chance but that's because there really isn't anything else on TV Sunday night that i'm intrested in.

I think what bothers me the most about the show is the family dynamic. Ray's family lacks chemistry. To me the lady who play's his wife is trying to be made in to some sort of Irish Carmella Soprano. It just bugs me.

im not sold on this show either, but to compare carmella (edie falco) to that poor excuse of an actress from ray is an insult, edie falco is/was a fantastic actress...

tbh the wife and daughter in ray are horrible actresses and annoying as hell, showtime does a poor job casting at times (homeland being the exception)

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Margaret was THE most annoying character in any series that I can ever remember watching. Although forest whitakers character from the shield is pretty close...

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Possibly my favourite new show this year, Liev is awesome and his brother just wrapped up a great turn in "Orange is the new black"...so all in all, great year for that family for shows.

I would actually be pretty choked if this show was cancelled.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
im not sold on this show either, but to compare carmella (edie falco) to that poor excuse of an actress from ray is an insult, edie falco is/was a fantastic actress...

tbh the wife and daughter in ray are horrible actresses and annoying as hell, showtime does a poor job casting at times (homeland being the exception)

They are the weak links of the show, but I think if they minimize the interactions in the next season and make it more with the Donovan brothers and the dad, it would make it less annoying, I mean yeah Edie was great in The Sporanos but Meadow was annoying as crap for at least 90% of show and let's not get started on how useless the son was, that actor, has he even done anything since? He was atrocious, probably one of the worst actors to stay on a great show for that freaking long.

Ray Donovan has it's black marks, but they aren't even that bad when compared to other shows that had their weak links.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Possibly my favourite new show this year, Liev is awesome and his brother just wrapped up a great turn in "Orange is the new black"...so all in all, great year for that family for shows.

I would actually be pretty choked if this show was cancelled.

Agreed. I loved the first season. Ray Donovan and Banshee were probably my two favorite new shows.

Both have a second season confirmed.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Margaret was THE most annoying character in any series that I can ever remember watching. Although forest whitakers character from the shield is pretty close...

Oh god yes. I actually thought that one was the worst.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
The show needs a direction. It has all the makings of an amazing show, but it's just missing purpose.

Acting is stellar and the characters are amazing though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad