TV: Ray Donovan

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Yeah this show looks real interesting.I really like Liev Schrieber and Jon Voight.Elliot Gould is great too.Reminds me of a "Winston Wolf" movie.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Premieres June 30 @ 10E after Dexter season 8

Can't wait for this show. I like anything to do with "fixers", Liev Schreiber's a solid actor and Showtime is a solid network.

Last edited:

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
bumb

Pilot was leaked online few days ago. Has anyone watched this yet?

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
bumb

Pilot was leaked online few days ago. Has anyone watched this yet?

It wasnt really "leaked" they included it on dexter season 7 Blu ray , released an edited version on YouTube and also released it on Showtime Anytime App.

I liked it. 7.5/10 for me but I hope they keep it as him mainly doing jobs with the family aspect sprinkled in and not the other way around.

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
I saw it on demand. I liked it. Really like Liev Schreiber. He plays his typical character but he does it really well.

Definitely will be tuning in for at least the first season.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
I thought the Pilot was all over the place. I'll give it a shot too see how it all plays outm but right now it looks like a very paper thin show with superfical characters that really don't have any where to go.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
It broke the record for best ratings for a series premiere on Showtime.

I think its going to be a real good show.I just hope they show him doing more jobs which I think is the most interesting aspect.

Pattysaurus

Oct 28, 2007
New York
I thought the Pilot was all over the place. I'll give it a shot too see how it all plays outm but right now it looks like a very paper thin show with superfical characters that really don't have any where to go.

Yeah, I liked it but I felt like there was way too much going on already in the first episode.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Are they planning to do case of a week thing and continue the main story little by little (like person of interest,burn notice) or something else?

The pilot was very confusing with so many different storylines and characters

sandman441

Jan 25, 2003
ALASKA
This kind of fits right in with Magic City for me. It's ok and interesting but I want to see where it goes from here.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
2nd episode was amazing. Seeing tommy Wheeler sucking the **** in the blackmailed sex video was hilariously gross. I am calling it now once I saw him message rays son and showed them together in the hot tub in episode 1 in a later episode Tommy will probably make a move on Rays son and Ray will probably kill him. Especially when they pretty much said Rays son is gay.

Avi aka Manny from scarface was bad ass how he beat up Rays half brother and also disarmed Ray too.

I give episode 2 8.5/10. I think Jon Voight is absolutely killing it in every scene.

TheMurdocktor

102, Row K, Seat 4
Jul 11, 2010
Glendale, AZ
Give Jon Voight the damn Supporting Actor Emmy. He's pulling this character off so well.

Episode 2 was definitely a step-up from the pilot as well, IMO. I tend to enjoy shows that focus on a different problem/case each episode but still have a background arc going (i.e. Law and Order, White Collar, etc.) so maybe that's why I'm liking this as well. Either way, it's a damn good series so far.

One of the brothers is going down though, and my bet is Terry. Bunchy likes Mickey too much and the black one (forget the name for some stupid reason) is helping Mickey. Terry is to me neutral or more on the side of Ray.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad