TV: Ray Donovan

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Keep waiting for this season to turn around...... but yeesh, it's losing me more and more by the episode.

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
When did Avi become some maniac coke head?

Between last season and this season.

Also, it looks like Abby decided to kill herself and Terry and Bridget helped her that's why Ray beat him up.

Not a bad season so far. If it seems like a rudderless ship it's because it is supposed to be like that. Ray isn't interacting with the family like he has in past seasons fixing every little issue. He has been notably absent from their lives and this is what you get.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
Between last season and this season.

Also, it looks like Abby decided to kill herself and Terry and Bridget helped her that's why Ray beat him up.

Not a bad season so far. If it seems like a rudderless ship it's because it is supposed to be like that. Ray isn't interacting with the family like he has in past seasons fixing every little issue. He has been notably absent from their lives and this is what you get.

I agree. I like the season so far. They are clearly setting a tone. Despite everything Ray loved Abby more than anyone else in his life. Losing her has put a real damper on his life and it's really evident to the viewer.

It's been like 5 seasons now. Just have some patience and let the story develop.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
That episode was meh. I really hope the flashbacks to Abby are finally over.

HOWEVER, the last few scenes of the episode were fantastic. Ray finding Abby. The subsequent bar scene. Amazing.

Liev Schreiber carries the f*** out of this show.

Reactions: Baby Punisher

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Good god that episode was boring, minus like the last 2 minutes. Last 2 minutes were great, no doubt.... but everything leading up to that was such a borefest.

And to think I was super excited for this episode to see what was going to happen with Mick, Darryl, and the FBI director.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
The last episode about Abby dying has caught a lot of flack, but meh, I liked it a lot. It was a story that had to be told and I think they told it really well. The acting from everyone was superb too. Just thinking of being in that scenario with a loved one who doesn't want treatment is scary.

That said, Abby's decision to die was extremely selfish from the start. She didn't get her tits chopped off out of pride or something, even though it would have saved her any trouble in the future. After that, her cancer returns and she still doesn't want help. Ray goes all the way to NY to get her help and she's just like "nah imma peace it while u gone" even though that would obviously mess up the family. I'm not trying to say people who commit suicide are selfish, but Abby's health issues were completely fixable and preventable, and she just decided to die instead and leave a family behind that's already hanging by a thread most of the time.

Kind of sad what's become of Avi. I hope he gets help. Dude just constantly looks like a mess - had a feeling something would happen when I saw him on the plane looking like garbage.

Last edited:

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
The Bridget scene was funny, but beyond that I thought it was another pretty boring episode.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
The whole season has been a bore.

Right now all I really care about is if anything happens to Micky/Darrell. The Bunchy thing is kind of stupid.

IBleedOil247

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton
I really enjoyed that Episode.
Ray's life just keeps getting more f'd up by the day. Now that Bridg is going to jail, I wonder how he gets that figured out.
I have no idea what direction they are going to take with Mickey and Darrell, when Ray finds our that the FBI agent is gone, well...there has to be some story line pint that directs the Sensai's mutilated body in the ocean to the FBI dude I think.

Susan Sarandon's character seems like a no BS scenario. Wonder how that's going to pan out?

Hope that's the end of the Bunchy storyline...

2 Episodes left in this season - Should be a good couple weeks

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
At least we're starting to get some pay off now.

Bridget is so dumb.
I kind of hated how they left the baby Maria storyline open and ended it in the most disapointing way possible.
I think I missed this. I remember some throwaway comment on the mom, is that what you're talking about?

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
At least we're starting to get some pay off now.

Bridget is so dumb.

I think I missed this. I remember some throwaway comment on the mom, is that what you're talking about?

No....
They left the baby at daycare 3 episodes ago. Bunchy was in jail, Mick was int he trunk of a car.The last we saw of Maria she was all alone on the daycare and the woman that owns the daycare was cradling her and made a phone call.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I've come around on this season the last 3-4 episodes. Sadly, it's nowhere near what it once was, but I still have been able to find enjoyment in it. It helps when the episodes are 50 mins or less. Those episodes closer to an hour are too long for what's become a very average show.

Mickey with the boner was goddamn hilarious lol. Darrell is an idiot. Same with Bridget and her stupid gun game.

Reactions: Baby Punisher

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I'm still going to watch, and will watch another season.... but I'm just ready for this season to be over already.

IBleedOil247

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton
Interesting how some are finding this series to get boring or not what it used to be.
Ill admit, this season started slow, but I have loved this season and think it is one of the better ones, personally. To each there own I guess.

Looking forward to the finale next week

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Overall, I'm just ready for the entire show to be over. But I'm stil finding the show good enough to keep watching. It's just pushing it with 6+ seasons.

I can't stand Bridgette, or Smitty. I'm glad they cut Connor out, please her next.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad