Raw/SD/NXT/PPV Spoilers - Part 5

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Trish/Charlotte will be awesome.

It’s a damn shame people here undervalue Charlotte

You can blame Vince, entirely, for the fans' general resentment/annoyance at even the mention of Ric Flair's daughter.

He booked her in more matches than she probably should've been in, wrote her into more angles that she had no business being in, and created a character for her that was so blatantly unlikeable it's almost funny.

Hell, that alone almost explains why she's gone under the knife so many times. Maybe she feels if she changes her looks enough, she'll win over the fans eventually. Kind of sad if true.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I honestly expect the Bayley/Moon match to be much much better.

I think both will be very good matches, especially if Ember wins.

The build to Becky/Natalya has been pretty cringy stuff so far, but the match itself should be alright.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I don’t really agree with the reasoning, but my god she looks like she’s wearing a plastic mask of herself on a weekly basis. It’s not... it’s not good.

Agreed she looks atrocious lately, I was just specuting as to why. :dunno:

But my biggest gripe with her is still her booking, not her penchant for plastic.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Agreed she looks atrocious lately, I was just specuting as to why. :dunno:

But my biggest gripe with her is still her booking, not her penchant for plastic.

I think Charlotte's booking has been good since Mania'.

They were smart and have had her out of the title picture since WrestleMania, and didn't even re-insert her for Summerslam. Heck, she put over Ember Moon. (Yes, she did hold the title for 30 seconds, but that was so Bayley could cash in on a heel, and they needed Becky to drop to someone strong, in her second match of the night, AND it wasn't even a clean win.)

If Ember Moon beats Bayley (plz) they already have the seeds planted for that feud, which would actually be medium term booking for once.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I think Charlotte's booking has been good since Mania'.

They were smart and have had her out of the title picture since WrestleMania, and didn't even re-insert her for Summerslam. Heck, she put over Ember Moon. (Yes, she did hold the title for 30 seconds, but that was so Bayley could cash in on a heel, and they needed Becky to drop to someone strong, in her second match of the night, AND it wasn't even a clean win.)

If Ember Moon beats Bayley (plz) they already have the seeds planted for that feud, which would actually be medium term booking for once.

Oh they've absolutely backed down since Mania.....couldn't believe the level of heat she was getting when they randomly threw her into that Becky/Ronda feud - for no reason at ALL other than to make the fans hate her.

It worked.

At least she's been out of the picture for the most part since then. I'm sure she'll have another title run before the year is out, though.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Oh they've absolutely backed down since Mania.....couldn't believe the level of heat she was getting when they randomly threw her into that Becky/Ronda feud - for no reason at ALL other than to make the fans hate her.

It worked.

At least she's been out of the picture for the most part since then. I'm sure she'll have another title run before the year is out, though.

Clash of Champions is in Charlotte, North Carolina, in September, so she will almost certainly be in the title match there.

I don't know if she'll win though, for no other reason than I don't see them doing Becky vs Charlotte at Survivor Series, because I would assume that is the plan for WrestleMania.

What would be cool, is if Sasha returns, and beats Becky Lynch at HIAC, and they do Bayley vs Sasha at Survivor Series, and then somehow do a unification match between Charlotte, Becky, Bayley and Sasha at WM

Last edited:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Dave says these are the final matches expected to be added to Summerslam:

Goldberg vs. Ziggler
Reigns vs. Bryan
McIntyre vs. Alexander
Gulak vs. Lorcan.
Iiconics vs. Bliss/Cross vs. Kabuki vs. Mandy/Sonya

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The story of Goldberg being Ziggler’s opponent is wild and how it broke.

Essentially, on WOR, Alvarez speculated that Ziggler would face Goldberg because of how much he was mentioning him in promos. This led to a false report of people running with it and saying Meltzer is reporting Ziggler vs. Goldberg, which wasn’t the case. Nonetheless, someone from the office called Dave and asked him how he knew the opponent was Goldberg. Dave responded saying he didn’t know it was Goldberg.

All Dave claims to have been told was that it wasn’t The Miz and it wasn’t Shawn Michaels.

So some goof reported Alvarez speculation as a Meltzer report, and Meltzer said it was wrong, but then someone from the office called Meltzer asking him how he knew it was Bill, having not caught wind that Dave said he didn’t know who it was lirl

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think it's simple. Goldberg pulled the "I don't want my last match being that embarrassment." And so they gave him Ziggler who will eat a nice 5 minute squash.

IMO - it's that simple.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The story of Goldberg being Ziggler’s opponent is wild and how it broke.

Essentially, on WOR, Alvarez speculated that Ziggler would face Goldberg because of how much he was mentioning him in promos. This led to a false report of people running with it and saying Meltzer is reporting Ziggler vs. Goldberg, which wasn’t the case. Nonetheless, someone from the office called Dave and asked him how he knew the opponent was Goldberg. Dave responded saying he didn’t know it was Goldberg.

All Dave claims to have been told was that it wasn’t The Miz and it wasn’t Shawn Michaels.

So some goof reported Alvarez speculation as a Meltzer report, and Meltzer said it was wrong, but then someone from the office called Meltzer asking him how he knew it was Bill, having not caught wind that Dave said he didn’t know who it was lirl

I'm not surprised that's how it went down given how often their speculation turns into reports.

What's more interesting is that they actually announced Dolph vs. Miz after Dave said that was not the plan.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Dave says these are the final matches expected to be added to Summerslam:

Goldberg vs. Ziggler
Reigns vs. Bryan
McIntyre vs. Alexander
Gulak vs. Lorcan.
Iiconics vs. Bliss/Cross vs. Kabuki vs. Mandy/Sonya
That women tag team match is gonna be a mess. I love Bliss/Cross, and I know they want to build them up to eventually have Nikki turn on Alexa when she realizes she's being "used", but it should just be Mandy and Sonya vs IIconics, with Mandy/Sonya going over. Then you can have a proper feud with some history (Paige) behind it with the Kabuki Warriors. And I think Mandy and Sonya can do a decent work in bringing the title up from the joke it has become, somewhat. But since Alexa and Nikki are added, it's likely going to be them, which won't do anything for those titles.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I’ve said from the beginning the women’s tag titles won’t work.

There’s just too many “random” tag teams that make no sense.

Reactions: Fro

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I can't remember the last time they booked weaker tag champions than the Iiconics. Sad, really.

How many actual title defenses have they had since Mania? Maybe two?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I can't remember the last time they booked weaker tag champions than the Iiconics. Sad, really.

How many actual title defenses have they had since Mania? Maybe two?
Almost like they shouldn't have done it

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
They should have kept them on Sasha and Bayley, but they should have never been created to begin with.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I’ve said from the beginning the women’s tag titles won’t work.

There’s just too many “random” tag teams that make no sense.

Imagine if they had built up tag team challengers across all brands when Bayley & Sasha held them? You know, like they thought it was going to be? Good times...

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Imagine if they had built up tag team challengers across all brands when Bayley & Sasha held them? You know, like they thought it was going to be? Good times...
I don’t like the randomness of some teams. Like I understand Sasha and Bayley, and the IIconics and to a lesser extent Sky Pirates. But then you get filler teams like an insert Naomi & Carmella etc that will never win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad