Raw/SD/NXT/PPV Spoilers - Part 5

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I don’t like the randomness of some teams. Like I understand Sasha and Bayley, and the IIconics and to a lesser extent Sky Pirates. But then you get filler teams like an insert Naomi & Carmella etc that will never win.

Rhea Ripley's been teaming up with Reina Gonzales at NXT.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think the tags could easily work if they stuck with the original plan. Establish teams, let Sasha/Bayley fight on every brand (including Evolve/NXT UK/etc), and actually long-term plan for teams.

It's not difficult. :laugh:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I still have no idea why they took the belts off Sasha/Bayley, and then planned for them both to put over Bliss the next night (leading to Sasha’s walk out). I don’t blame Sasha for leaving and staying away. She’s been booked like shit ever since her call up despite being the most over woman most of the time.

Also shouldn’t be surprising how the booking of Bliss played a factor in this too. They can’t help themselves and Bliss is awful.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I still have no idea why they took the belts off Sasha/Bayley, and then planned for them both to put over Bliss the next night (leading to Sasha’s walk out). I don’t blame Sasha for leaving and staying away. She’s been booked like **** ever since her call up despite being the most over woman most of the time.

Also shouldn’t be surprising how the booking of Bliss played a factor in this too. They can’t help themselves and Bliss is awful.

I've said it before....Vince loves his blondes.

Reactions: Matt Riddle bro

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Peyton and Billie aren’t even blond tho. The title change still doesn’t make sense, especially because they were promised a lengthy run to legitimize the belts.

Was referring to Alexa's unexplained rise, as well as Vince's incessant need to throw Charlotte in the mix so often.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Having Sasha and Bayley lose to Bliss in a 2 on 1 was definitely the final straw for Sasha I think. I understand her losing her shit over that because it's absolutely stupid.

The thing that I find annoying about Sasha being gone is the typical cryptic tweets and IG posts. It drives me nuts and I have no logical reason why, lol.

I just want her heel badly. Come back, beat the bejesus out of Bayley and feud into WM.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I think it's simple. Goldberg pulled the "I don't want my last match being that embarrassment." And so they gave him Ziggler who will eat a nice 5 minute squash.

IMO - it's that simple.

Which makes sense, and i can’t fault the guy for wanting to go out with a better showing...but then again a true legend goes out on his back. Not that at his age he really has the same clout of being able to boost another man’s career by laying down for him, but he really should be losing his last match. Sell it on Zigglers athleticism or something, since Dolph is no spring chicken now either, and they can’t sell it as a power v power match.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Peyton and Billie aren’t even blond tho. The title change still doesn’t make sense, especially because they were promised a lengthy run to legitimize the belts.
This is wrestling, you're not promised anything.

The short of it though is that they wanted to make Bayley a bigger star on Smackdown since they weren't going to have Becky and needed another top female face that would be appealing to Fox once Fox figured out Ronda wasn't going to be around.

It's very clear, imo, that they created a women's tag division because they thought they were supposed to have a women's tag division, not because they wanted one. They didn't want to have to answer questions about not having it. They created the titles and immediately decided someone who they jobbed out and made to look like a geek for 2 years was too important for them.

They could've stuck with it an established teams, but the reality is that they don't want to, and nobody is ever going to get the chance to establish them. I'm sure Sasha and Bayley and Sky Pirates would've fought their asses off if they had a Takeover match or something, but they were never going to be allowed to let them make the titles important, and I'm sure that's a considerable part of the equation as to why Sasha left.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Honestly Bayley’s entire push feels like a “this could have been you” to Sasha more than them actually wanting to make her a star imo

But they were splitting them up and leaving her on Raw where Becky, Alexa, and Lacey Evans were in front of her. It was never going to be her.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
The Ilconics are terrible and cringeworthy. Their work with the belts or lack there of proves my point even more.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
She attacks Bayley and sets up their feud :dunno:

Close! :laugh:

I mean, she attacked Nattie AND Becky last night, so we'll see how they'll spin this given how Nattie and Becky just fought eachother two days ago. Surely Vince isn't dumb enough to have them unite against Sasha, right? :help:

Then again, he did have Becky run out to save Nattie, so.....who knows.

Reactions: The Gongshow

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Meltzer says Rollins vs Strowman will be the main event for Clash of Champions.

I remember it was said back when Heyman was taking over, that Heyman really likes Strowman

TomP24684

Je m’appelle Tom
May 18, 2019
Meltzer says Rollins vs Strowman will be the main event for Clash of Champions.

I remember it was said back when Heyman was taking over, that Heyman really likes Strowman
I guess they’re not married to the whole champion vs champion framework?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: