Raw/SD/NXT/PPV Spoilers - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It stops after that though. Someone must be blowing up that match.
I meant the KO/Zayn segment that was on when I posted :p

noticed it cutting off though. I wonder who wins or what comes of it.

notice Joe returning in the Roman segment too.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I meant the KO/Zayn segment that was on when I posted :p

noticed it cutting off though. I wonder who wins or what comes of it.

notice Joe returning in the Roman segment too.
Joe was supposed to be the first 'challenger' for Roman's universal title

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Wade Keller said the main event was audibled because Vince didn’t like the reaction and Brock’s new contract came as a result.

He is expected to drop the belt in front of the friendly Saudi crowd and then go so UFC dates before returning for Mania 35.

The altercation was about Brock busting Roman open and using the German table without telling anyone.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
By the same token, Meltzer said the finish was changed within the last week but not last minute, but nobody else knew except Lesnar and the ref didn’t know until right before the finish.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
So basically Vince is never going to be convinced that pushing Reigns like he is, is the wrong decision.

Cool.

Reactions: Fro

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I don't get it. It's almost 4 years since Reigns has been rejected by the crowd. Why are they so adamant about turning the guy into the franchise player. I can't understand their thinking. I don't thinking anyone has had this many chances in WWE history.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Honestly, I really want to see a Reigns match where he wins and is cheered the entire time.

I still don't think he should be the guy, I just wanna watch him win and be happy.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'll never forget the moment I knew Roman would never be accepted as the top babyface.

TLC 2015. Sheamus vs. Roman Reigns in a TLC match. The crowd is chanting "We want Cena."

Thing is Roman could have been salvaged if they turned him heel around that time. But they didn't. They've kept hammering a square peg into a round hole and now even if you turn him heel, there's some chance the fans just see through it and reject Roman completely. I don't understand the incessant need for Roman to be in THAT spot when you have guys like Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, AJ Styles on the full-time roster.

Reactions: Fro and ColePens

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
How is it any different if they kept Rock being the happy to lucky loser face. It wouldn't. Roman heel for 2-3 years would be the big babyface they want.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
How is it any different if they kept Rock being the happy to lucky loser face. It wouldn't. Roman heel for 2-3 years would be the big babyface they want.

It would be massively different. Rocky Maivia wasn't in a main event spot. The person playing the character was massively more likeable than Roman Reigns is. Rock as Rocky Maivia was barely salvageable and his run was a midcard six month run. Reigns has been in the main event spot for almost four years now. The biggest difference from what I can see is that Rock is a genuinely funny person. Roman Reigns is not. Reigns has gotten to the point, probably for a while now, in which he cannot be repaired to where he could be the popular baby face they want him to be.

Reactions: ColePens

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It would be massively different. Rocky Maivia wasn't in a main event spot. The person playing the character was massively more likeable than Roman Reigns is. Rock as Rocky Maivia was barely salvageable and his run was a midcard six month run. Reigns has been in the main event spot for almost four years now. The biggest difference from what I can see is that Rock is a genuinely funny person. Roman Reigns is not. Reigns has gotten to the point, probably for a while now, in which he cannot be repaired to where he could be the popular baby face they want him to be.

Fair enough. Rock was going to get to Rock's level no matter what. But they quickly made him a star by not f***ing around. I think Roman could have been the star they wanted if they just stopped fighting the fans.

In fact most of the decisions at WM were just simply fighting the fans.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Fair enough. Rock was going to get to Rock's level no matter what. But they quickly made him a star by not ****ing around. I think Roman could have been the star they wanted if they just stopped fighting the fans.

In fact most of the decisions at WM were just simply fighting the fans.

Booking certainly has an influence on this sort of thing but it can also do irreparable harm if they continue to screw the pooch. I don't think Roman has the talents to be the star they wanted him to be but he certainly could've been getting better reactions had he done a number of things. They could've had him end the Shield. They could've had him do what Rock did and sell out for a vacated title at Survivor Series. They could have turned him when he was up against Daniel Bryan after a lengthy absence. I think it's gone on too long now to be fixed.

But WWE fighting the fans since buying WCW is par for the course at this point. This is what happens when you have a monopoly in a carnival setting lol

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They tried to make it look like they left New Orleans yesterday

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Local Advertising for the SmackDown 6/13 event in Tupelo, MS is listing Asuka among those appearing.

So she's likely on the move next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad