Raw/NXT/PPV Spoiler Thread 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't think what was done during Bray & Harper vs Brock was an accident or anything...I just don't know how it will play out. It seems weird that they would be setting up something post Mania this early.

....unless all they're doing is setting up Luke, etc getting frustrated and turning on Bray.

Thing is any set up involving Brock goes in hold until June since he goes back on break.

Fa Ci La

Mar 2, 2012
I don't think what was done during Bray & Harper vs Brock was an accident or anything...I just don't know how it will play out. It seems weird that they would be setting up something post Mania this early.

....unless all they're doing is setting up Luke, etc getting frustrated and turning on Bray.

In my memory, the four man Wyatt family thing was kind of an accident. I remember Harper came back, Strowman was the mystery third guy, and then when Harper had to miss a show for personal reasons, Rowan replaced him and then stuck around.

So basically, I've been expecting someone to leave the family to get them back to 3, and Harper-Bray at WM probably makes as much sense as anything.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
If for some silly reason you remove one of the guys from the Family, Harper is the worst choice by a million miles. It's just idiotic.

He's the best worker of the three, and he's the reason why a lot of their matches are as good as they are. He's needed. Bray is good, but he's a different kind of worker and he's protected. Harper isn't. I really don't want to watch a match where Strowman and Rowan are doing the most work.

So unless you're disbanding the entire family, you need to keep Harper in there.

But disbanding the Family is a terrible idea. The point a groups like this is for Bray to have flunkies. He needs flunkies if he's going to do the kind of things he does, and he needs them when he gets beat as well. Unless you're build Bray into a monster (which is easy to do), you have to keep people around him to protect him. It's who the character is.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
As for Bray vs Lesnar, it was never going to happen on a show like this.

Despite the *****ing that goes on, Bray is protected. They don't mindlessly feed him to people, there's always a point. They know that he's got some monster runs in him, and insane potential. They know what kind of stories they can tell and it's just not time for them right now.

The original plan for Wrestlemania was for Bray vs Lesnar. This was why we had the Rumble spot. He was also meant to do a run-in on the 3-way between Lesnar, Reigns, and Ambrose. He'd take Lesnar out and that would set the match up. But by that point they had changed plans to have Ambrose face Lesnar instead. So the Bray build was cut short. This match was basically just putting a slow log on the fire so that there's more to pick up whenever they start the program up again.

It's easy to start it up whenever so it's not really an issue. Bray wants to get Lesnar, Lesnar wants revenge. It's not like time is an issue really.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
As for Bray vs Lesnar, it was never going to happen on a show like this.

Despite the *****ing that goes on, Bray is protected. They don't mindlessly feed him to people, there's always a point. They know that he's got some monster runs in him, and insane potential. They know what kind of stories they can tell and it's just not time for them right now.

The original plan for Wrestlemania was for Bray vs Lesnar. This was why we had the Rumble spot. He was also meant to do a run-in on the 3-way between Lesnar, Reigns, and Ambrose. He'd take Lesnar out and that would set the match up. But by that point they had changed plans to have Ambrose face Lesnar instead. So the Bray build was cut short. This match was basically just putting a slow log on the fire so that there's more to pick up whenever they start the program up again.

It's easy to start it up whenever so it's not really an issue. Bray wants to get Lesnar, Lesnar wants revenge. It's not like time is an issue really.

Don't get why they did this. Bray-Brock would have been a lot bigger than Ambrose-Lesnar unless they are saving that matchup and didn't want Lesnar's undefeated 1v1 streak to end.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Don't get why they did this. Bray-Brock would have been a lot bigger than Ambrose-Lesnar unless they are saving that matchup and didn't want Lesnar's undefeated 1v1 streak to end.

With the way Bray has been booked there is no way Bray-Lesnar is bigger then Ambrose-Lesnar

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Bray vs Lesnar would have been bigger as they had more to base the build up on. Bray and Heyman both talking it would have been awesome and everyone would be into it. They had months to build it up, but they basically stopped before they started when they switch to the Ambrose plan.

But Ambrose needs the match more. He's been heating up recently and giving him a match vs Lesnar really is the best they can give him this year. The only other option is really just having him be another guy in the IC Title match. He needs to keep his momentum going.

It's basically due to the injuries messing the entire card up. Someone has to be the odd man out so this year it's Bray. (He'll be doing something in the battle royal, which Strowman is meant to be winning).

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Dean loses feuds just as much as Bray..hell...he ever lost TO Bray.

Yes but right now, with the way there booking has been the last 2-3 months it isn't even close who is hotter right now and who is being booked as more of a threat....Bray is just being booked like a ***** lately. I am a huge fan of both guys but I just don't understand how anybody could want Bray-Lesnar over what we are getting based on how thing are this minute.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Last kind of hammers home which of the two is being booked stronger right now.

Dean pinned the champ. Bray ran away from Brock (someone Dean steps up to and gets into his face despite getting his ass kicked for it)

Outside of breaking up the family I have no idea what they booked it like that because it just buried Bray more.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I wonder if by SummerSlam or some relatively bigger show, close to when Brock comes back, they maybe have the strap on Bray and Lesnar shows up. I agree they can easily write Lesnar back into a rivalry with Bray but with Brock already in a match at Mania and then leaving for a while I don't know what their really planning. Someone said it best with putting a log on the fire for the slowburn between the two.

But why this man is being so buried and not being put on the biggest PPV is beyond me and just terrible

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
It's not hard to see why he's not on the show. He doesn't have an opponent. Injuries suck, and Ambrose was (rightfully) given Lesnar instead of being "buried" in the IC Ladder match.

We can't have everything. Not everything can be good, some times things workout bad for some people who've done nothing wrong. It's just the way of the world. It sucks, but there you go.

Anyway, when is Lesnar going on holiday?

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
I felt uneasy when they brought the Wyatt Family up to the main roster. Their first piece of business involved attacking Kane. They wanted to build this whole Monster angle and it culminated in a lack-luster inferno match, which seemed impossible to disappoint... but it did.

It's the same thing that has happened to NXT wrestlers like Bo Dallas, Neville, The Ascension and Tyler Breeze. Build something up in development and then completely poop on it when they arrive to the main roster.

Breeze - Great gimmick, solid potential for a mid-card status. Result? Jobber.
Ascension - Tag Team Champions for a year. Dominated the division in NXT. Result? Jobber.
Neville - One of the greatest NXT Champions of the time. Result? Flippy **** spot filler.
Bo Dallas - Entertaining NXT Champ. Result? Bo Rida.

They got something right with Kalisto, and it was damn-near impossible to screw up Owens, but it just boggles my mind how they can screw up so much potential. Bray literally challenged the machine, the authority and the governments and told people to open their minds before leaving the NXT world. None of that was followed up on the main roster. None of it.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Breeze should definitely be a fun tag team guy or good mid-carder. Neville should be a wrestler instead of being booked to be a spot-filler. I cannot believe they have Neville doing flippy ****. He's such a damn good wrestler.

As Taker once said... if he does the flippy spot stuff all the time, people aren't going to be impressed with it. If he wrestled and brought it out during important matches, it makes the spot that much more meaningful.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It's not hard to see why he's not on the show. He doesn't have an opponent. Injuries suck, and Ambrose was (rightfully) given Lesnar instead of being "buried" in the IC Ladder match.

We can't have everything. Not everything can be good, some times things workout bad for some people who've done nothing wrong. It's just the way of the world. It sucks, but there you go.

Anyway, when is Lesnar going on holiday?

Post-Mania like usual

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I wonder if by SummerSlam or some relatively bigger show, close to when Brock comes back, they maybe have the strap on Bray and Lesnar shows up. I agree they can easily write Lesnar back into a rivalry with Bray but with Brock already in a match at Mania and then leaving for a while I don't know what their really planning. Someone said it best with putting a log on the fire for the slowburn between the two.

But why this man is being so buried and not being put on the biggest PPV is beyond me and just terrible

Why the hell would Bray have the strap? The story out of Mania is going to be the Shield boys battling for the strap. It is the most obvious and a Shield triple threat is a money match.

And if not that then a Bullet Club invasion to get power back for HHH.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Why the hell would Bray have the strap? The story out of Mania is going to be the Shield boys battling for the strap. It is the most obvious and a Shield triple threat is a money match.

And if not that then a Bullet Club invasion to get power back for HHH.

Well...they did do the tease with Bray rubbing the belt but yeah, I'm not sure how they would even do it. As a heel he'll probably could be one of the first to get a shot at Roman but he won't win.

This is all depending on when Seth returns.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I think Shield 3-way is penciled in for Summer Slam. But I don't think it's going to be for the belt.

The match is money enough already, it's a fantasy match that's an easy sell. You don't need the title involved to make it a big match.

It's easy enough to get the belt off of Reigns and onto someone else in the mean time. Even if it is via Money in the Bank, that would be a... Stylish, way to do it.

But really, speculation about details is impossible due to so many injury returns. There are far too many unknowns right now.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I think Cena will win the title again soon, but I'm not sure how long he'd hold it. He'll break the record at least, there's no reason not to do it really.

I'd actually use cena as the transitional champion. Use him to get the belt off of Reigns (3-way or something to protect him ofc), then have him put over the Money in the Bank winner (Styles/face request a match at the PPV, Owens/heel cheap cash in and win clean on re-match).

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Meltzer says the goal is to have Lesnar/Wyatt after Wrestlemania which is why they had no interaction.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Meltzer says the goal is to have Lesnar/Wyatt after Wrestlemania which is why they had no interaction.

So they basically buried Wyatt over nothing on Saturday lol

Wyatt-Lesnar will be great, but it doesn't do much for me if Bray isn't going over (which to be fair he probably shouldn't be going over Lesnar at this point) it's so disappointing to see such a talent wasted. This guy could be the company's top heel at the snap of a finger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad