Raw/NXT/PPV Spoiler Thread 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Teaming with the other mod. Big surprise. Talk a lot of game for someone that hides in the shadow of M.C.G.

-points at HFMania sign-
-theme music starts playing-

bworoyalshirts_1.png

Deal with it, or just get deleted. *mic drop, music plays*

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
JoJo: Morrison, it's been almost an hour since you laid out the challenge for Eddy and still no word. What are your thoughts abou---

Rene: JoJo! We have to interrupt, we are getting breaking news on the status of Eddy elsewhere in the locker room!

2-28-2013+11-44-12+AM.jpg

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Concerning Takeover Dallas and Bálor vs Joe 2

I think the reason that this match was booked was because they were forced into a corner by the main roster plans, and also the signing of Nakamura.

I think the plan for NXT alone would have been for Zayn to come back from his injury and then have a final run for the title. Finally facing Bálor in Dallas, losing, and then leaving NXT for good. However, main roster plans wouldn’t let this happen.

We know that the plan was for Zayn to always be on the main roster before ‘Mania so he could work with Owens and the IC Title guys. He was leaving NXT no matter what. But the reported plans were that Joe was going to be a main roster call up, probably on the post-‘Mania Raw.

These two things are fine. One loses the number one contender match, the other loses the title match. Both leave NXT.

But we also know that Bálor is a possible call up. There’s no timeline for when they want to do it, but we know they’ve got the Bullet Club ready to roll and they could pull the trigger at any point. Him getting a call up after Wrestlemania is a real possibility. And if that happens it would mean that Joe would be staying in NXT.

As they were taping so far in advance, they wouldn’t know for sure which of Bálor or Joe they were going to use, so they have to be in the main event together. It’s possible to have both guys in the title match leave the main roster, but it would be awkward. Which is why Zayn couldn’t be in the title match.

Then there’s the signing of Nakamura. I think it’s safe to say that Nakamura vs Zayn is a far more enticing match than Nakamura vs Joe. Especially when there’s no build for it at all.

So really the only practical match to do is Joe vs Bálor 2. Even if we’ve seen it before. But we’re safe to book it as we know that we’ve got Zayn vs Nakamura on the card as well. And that’s an insanely hot match, like over $300 over face value hot.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I'm calling out one of the titans of HFWrestling to a match at HFMania and will begin to take down the machine... but eventually just end up jobbing at Mania :cry:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Concerning Takeover Dallas and Bálor vs Joe 2

I think the reason that this match was booked was because they were forced into a corner by the main roster plans, and also the signing of Nakamura.

I think the plan for NXT alone would have been for Zayn to come back from his injury and then have a final run for the title. Finally facing Bálor in Dallas, losing, and then leaving NXT for good. However, main roster plans wouldn’t let this happen.

We know that the plan was for Zayn to always be on the main roster before ‘Mania so he could work with Owens and the IC Title guys. He was leaving NXT no matter what. But the reported plans were that Joe was going to be a main roster call up, probably on the post-‘Mania Raw.

These two things are fine. One loses the number one contender match, the other loses the title match. Both leave NXT.

But we also know that Bálor is a possible call up. There’s no timeline for when they want to do it, but we know they’ve got the Bullet Club ready to roll and they could pull the trigger at any point. Him getting a call up after Wrestlemania is a real possibility. And if that happens it would mean that Joe would be staying in NXT.

As they were taping so far in advance, they wouldn’t know for sure which of Bálor or Joe they were going to use, so they have to be in the main event together. It’s possible to have both guys in the title match leave the main roster, but it would be awkward. Which is why Zayn couldn’t be in the title match.

Then there’s the signing of Nakamura. I think it’s safe to say that Nakamura vs Zayn is a far more enticing match than Nakamura vs Joe. Especially when there’s no build for it at all.

So really the only practical match to do is Joe vs Bálor 2. Even if we’ve seen it before. But we’re safe to book it as we know that we’ve got Zayn vs Nakamura on the card as well. And that’s an insanely hot match, like over $300 over face value hot.

I think its mostly Nakamura. They want him featured in a marquee match for Takeover, but they can't just put him up against Finn for the title right out of the gate. Sami just made the most sense call up or not.

And ya that leaves you with few other options for the title match, which is going to be completely overshadowed by the women's title match and Sami/Nakamura.

S A W F T*

We're still over three weeks out from WrestleMania 32, scheduled for AT&T Stadium on Sun., April 3, 2016, in Arlington, Texas, but the top three matches for the show have been booked and it appears they all have clear winners.

The early betting lines (via 5Dimes) reflect that:

Triple H +365
Roman Reigns -555

Undertaker -300
Shane McMahon +220

Brock Lesnar -335
Dean Ambrose +245

There's no reason to think Reigns won't win the WWE world heavyweight title, Undertaker won't keep control of Monday Night Raw with Vince McMahon, and Lesnar won't demolish poor Ambrose. Then again, there are always some surprises at WrestleMania, so perhaps one of you has the guts to try your luck.

Well ... do ya?

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...ting-lines-triple-h-favored-over-dean-ambrose

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Agree that there needs to be a balance. Predictability is fine if it's what the audience wants to happen. For example, as soon as the stipulation came up for HHH/Bryan at WM30, it was pretty damn obvious the show would end with Bryan on top - still amazing though.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I wouldn't be mad if they did a Bryan style thing this year. Leans vs Dean winner goes on to the main event and Dean wins. Literally anything other than Roman winning. But they can't do this for the 3rd time in 3 years having a triple threat even though they've ****ed 3 years in a row now

The reason making Lesnar vs Dean a #1 contenders match and the winner going to the title match that night could be interesting is because I literally have no clue who wins that match right now

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
For a split second during Roadblock I actually thought Dean was gonna win and be involved in the main event and Brock would then face Bray, specially after the Lesnar / Bray interactions from tonight. Bray sort of running scared and Lesnar not finished with his revenger on the Wyatts till he takes down the leader.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
For a split second during Roadblock I actually thought Dean was gonna win and be involved in the main event and Brock would then face Bray, specially after the Lesnar / Bray interactions from tonight. Bray sort of running scared and Lesnar not finished with his revenger on the Wyatts till he takes down the leader.

I don't think what was done during Bray & Harper vs Brock was an accident or anything...I just don't know how it will play out. It seems weird that they would be setting up something post Mania this early.

....unless all they're doing is setting up Luke, etc getting frustrated and turning on Bray.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
I don't think what was done during Bray & Harper vs Brock was an accident or anything...I just don't know how it will play out. It seems weird that they would be setting up something post Mania this early.

....unless all they're doing is setting up Luke, etc getting frustrated and turning on Bray.

I hope they aren't planning to break up the family again, 3 out of the 4 would be in trouble I think.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto

Luke vs Bray would be good....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad