Olympics: Rating Canadian D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Since you love the Plus minus stat so much I will have some fun. I will even take KHL stats at face value as well for this
Before tonight

Canada
Keith +20
Boyle +6
Doughty +15
Pronger +20
Weber +4
Niedermayer -17
Total+48

Russia
Gonchar -4
Tyutin -11
Grebeshkov -12
Markov +3
Volchenkov +6
Korneyev +10
Nikulin -2
Kalinin +12
Total +2

Yeah, for me Grebeshkov is a concern, but that is not a big deal. He'll play better for the National team. All the Russians are slacking a little in the Olympic year, need to come to Vancouver healthy.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Since you love the Plus minus stat so much I will have some fun. I will even take KHL stats at face value as well for this
Before tonight

Canada
Keith +20
Boyle +6
Doughty +15
Pronger +20
Weber +4
Niedermayer -17
Total+48

Russia
Gonchar -4
Tyutin -11
Grebeshkov -12
Markov +3
Volchenkov +6
Korneyev +10
Nikulin -2
Kalinin +12
Total +2

Nobody cares about your useless stats. The cold hard fact is that Keith and Seabrook did not play well in an exhibition game against a team called the Zurich Lions. Because you know, nothing beats the pressure of having to play an exhibition game against a team from Switzerland that plays in...umm...you know...that league.

Oh yeah, and Kalinin's a better defenseman than Niedermayer because he wouldn't have let Ovechkin undress him like that. Kalinin would have let Ovy take the outside and spare his dignity.

Maybe someone will enlighten us about how Sidney Crosby, while as a youngster playing for his midget team against a team from some foreign country, scored into his own net and how that will affect his play during the Olympics.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
I heard all the excuses about Chicago and everything. The more you repeat word "exhibition" the more I understand that these guys are probably a couple of overrated chokers, primadonnas only good for NHL regular season, which matters so much (not) in the Olympic year.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
I heard all the excuses about Chicago and everything. The more you repeat word "exhibition" the more I understand that these guys are probably a couple of overrated chokers, primadonnas only good for NHL regular season, which matters so much (not) in the Olympic year.

So why does your Russian squad boast 14 NHLers? Probably because at some point in their careers, they played good in an exhibition game.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I'll take Boyle and his -1 against Ovechkin. Two pilons in Boyle and Niedermayer aginst Ovechkin and Semin sounds terrific.

I'll take the Ovechkin and Semin's -3 and a 2-6 loss when all the chips are on the line. Similar to when they no showed for Game 7 against Pittsburgh last playoffs. This must mean they will be non-factors at the Olympics for Russia since you are so big on single game elimination, pressure packed situations portending the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad