Olympics: Rating Canadian D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Are you saying they forgot to show up? Ha, perhaps that's the things to come!!!!

Sure, they forgot to show up. I don't care about the Blackhawks....You can go insult them as much as you want.

The problem I have is that you're using a game played by the Blackhawks to say that Canada will have problems b/c Keith and Seabrook didn't play well in it.

That makes zero sense. If I were to poll people on this boards on that, I'm sure the result will be 95-5 as that making no sense at all. That 5% will belong to you, and absolute Canadian haters.....even they will have to struggle to somehow make your comment look reasonable.

You have lost all the credibility, IMO (I doubt you care though....).

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Sure, they forgot to show up. I don't care about the Blackhawks....You can go insult them as much as you want.

The problem I have is that you're using a game played by the Blackhawks to say that Canada will have problems b/c Keith and Seabrook didn't play well in it.

That makes zero sense. If I were to poll people on this boards on that, I'm sure the result will be 95-5 as that making no sense at all. That 5% will belong to you, and absolute Canadian haters.....even they will have to struggle to somehow make your comment look reasonable.

You have lost all the credibility, IMO (I doubt you care though....).

It doesn't matter if it was Chicago Blackhawks or Portland Trailblazers, I was talking about a performance of Seabrook and Keith in the International competition.

Novak Djokovic

Dec 10, 2006
It doesn't matter if it was Chicago Blackhawks or Portland Trailblazers, I was talking about a performance of Seabrook and Keith in the International competition.

You won't stop, will you?

Keith and Seabrook played exceptional, and still are. The best duo in the NHL.

Why're you worrying about them? This should make you happy that Russian forwards will face losers such as Keith and Seabrook who got owned by a Zurich team. Happy?

espo*

So? Russia hasn't won any, with or without any help.

They've wet the bed each time.

. If that was the case, Canadian teams that have the abundance of such experience, would win every year. But they only won once, with help from Belarus.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Masochist Caniac

Because at some point you learn to love the pain
Apr 28, 2009
Toronto, CAN

Small sample size on irrelevant games ftw. You know this will get bumped in a month by disgruntled Hawks fans to rub your idiotic statements in your face. Funny how you don't mention how Keith did for the rest of the exhibition games. Have you seen Keith play since then?

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Small sample size on irrelevant games ftw. You know this will get bumped in a month by disgruntled Hawks fans to rub your idiotic statements in your face. Funny how you don't mention how Keith did for the rest of the exhibition games. Have you seen Keith play since then?

OMG. Who cares about exhibition games?

The Big Swede*

Canada has the best puck moving d-man IMO

Every one of those d-man can move the puck effectively and play on the PP.But the key will be the chemistry between them because we all know they are very talented

El Diego

Jan 2, 2009
Sure, I'll give you Ovechkina against Niedermayer. As long as I can have Crosby against Kalinin.

AJRAYMOND

Jun 13, 2009
Canada
Niedermayer has been playing like that all year. Absolutely no surprise too me! It might be for people who keep thinking they are getting the same player as three years ago. :laugh:

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
I believe he's with the CBJ now.

You are right, Sorry my bad

Green is superior to Keith Offensively, sure being on the Caps PP helps him but he's got a 30 goal season. Keith produces more than Green because he's superbly transitionally( not that Green is a slouch in that department). I agree there is no need to worry about not having Mike Green there is enough offense on the blueline.

Green led all defensemen last year by 8 goals with 31. While he did have a 30 goal season (and would have had close to 40 had he not been injured) that was probably an anomaly in my opinion. Green’s shooting percentage was much higher than every other defenseman with 12.8%. Generally speaking top defensemen will have a shooting percentage around 7-9% in the NHL generally because of the type of shots they take (point shots, and shots further away than forwards). Either Green has one of the greatest shots of all time, or his goal scoring last year was an anomaly.

Since Green has a 9.2% shooting percentage this season, I am inclined to believe it was an anomaly. Green only has one more goal than Keith this year so it isn’t like he is running away with goal scoring this year compared to other defensemen.

Novak Djokovic

Dec 10, 2006
After today's Knuble's goal, you better PRAY TO HY HEAVEN Neidermeyer is not matched against Ovechkin. Ovy undressed him like a child.

Why the heck are Russian fans giving us update about defensemen?

I don't know, but if you watched Grebeshkov play last night, Niedermayer would look good besides him.

Any forward crop would have a very good time with:
Markov - Gonchar (He's played very poor defensively this season....Ask Pens' fans)
Volchenkov - Grebeshkov
Nikulin - Kalinin
Korneyev - Tyutin

As a Sens fan, I love Volchenkov and what he gives...but he can be a little erratic sometimes. Markov - Volchenkov pairing would have to be huge for Russia. No one's questioning their offense as they have plenty of it.

If I was a TEAM Russia fan, I'd me more worried about home than other countries. (and yes, I realize for the 100th time that Russia won in Quebec)

Serbian, do you really think that Kalinin is better defensively than Niedermayer? :laugh: Going by that logic, in 03-04 Marek Malik was a god of defensive defensemen.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
I'll take that trade-off easily. Kalinin's career worst +/- was minus 7. Niedermayer as of today what -20?

Since you love the Plus minus stat so much I will have some fun. I will even take KHL stats at face value as well for this
Before tonight

Canada
Keith +20
Boyle +6
Doughty +15
Pronger +20
Weber +4
Niedermayer -17
Total+48

Russia
Gonchar -4
Tyutin -11
Grebeshkov -12
Markov +3
Volchenkov +6
Korneyev +10
Nikulin -2
Kalinin +12
Total +2

Novak Djokovic

Dec 10, 2006
I'll take that trade-off easily. Kalinin's career worst +/- was minus 7. Niedermayer as of today what -20?

Since you love the Plus minus stat so much I will have some fun. I will even take KHL stats at face value as well for this
Before tonight

Canada
Keith +20
Boyle +6
Doughty +15
Pronger +20
Weber +4
Niedermayer -17
Total+48

Russia
Gonchar -4
Tyutin -11