Prospect Info: Rasmus Andersson (2nd round 2015, 53rd overall)

Mar 31, 2005
East Coast
I've seen the advanced stats on Andersdon and they were comparible to the top 10.players in this years draft. Essentially it meant his likely hood of making the NHL is pretty good. Probably one of the higher 2nd rd picks.

Do you have a link to something like these by chance?

The outscoring of Ekblad surprised me too. Certainly by any measurement this pick looks great.

Seems to be saying all the right things about training, hopefully he follows through...

sgupca

Oct 9, 2008
Halifax, NS
any updates on what Andersson looked like at camp?

Buttonwood - i'm going to try and find the link to those advanced stats.

EDIT: i didn't find the exact spreadsheet but i found this link which correlates the stats into the exact same percentages they list here. It gives you an idea the likelyhood of each drafted players chance of making the NHL using advanced stats only (no scouting taken into consideration).

link: http://www.theprojectionproject.com...ing-the-2015-draft-by-probability-of-success/

Last edited:

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
Sorry to say that at 26 years old he was still only a 76 overall in my NHL 15 GM mode. Don't think he's going to work out guys

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Apparently Andersson was one of the better skaters at dev. camp on defence. He also was said to be hunched over after a lot of drills on the first day. Scouting report seems to be highly accurate. Good two-way player who needs to work on overall fitness.

Aug 3, 2010
Apparently Andersson was one of the better skaters at dev. camp on defence. He also was said to be hunched over after a lot of drills on the first day. Scouting report seems to be highly accurate. Good two-way player who needs to work on overall fitness.

Good to hear, to be honest, seeing as how Calgary has one of the best fitness trainers in the league. They'll get him on a good program and he might be AHL ready pretty soon.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

You know, I actually love the fact that he isn't in great shape. That in theory means he has more room for growth when he does get in peak physical condition. I've never thought of his skating to be bad, but many said that's what kept him out of the first round. He describes himself as being comparable to Doughty from a style standpoint and DD isn't exactly a physical specimen either. Once this kid gets his conditioning in order, it could be scary.

Great pick by our scouts for getting the most value out of a 2nd round pick. Rasmus has all kinds of upside, I truly think he could be a really good top pairing dman.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
You know, I actually love the fact that he isn't in great shape. That in theory means he has more room for growth when he does get in peak physical condition. I've never thought of his skating to be bad, but many said that's what kept him out of the first round. He describes himself as being comparable to Doughty from a style standpoint and DD isn't exactly a physical specimen either. Once this kid gets his conditioning in order, it could be scary.

Great pick by our scouts for getting the most value out of a 2nd round pick. Rasmus has all kinds of upside, I truly think he could be a really good top pairing dman.

Both kids they got in the second round, can really, really be legitimate NHLer's.
Rasmus has some poor conditioning, and that was concerning? Good on the Flames to just say 'Hey, this is an 18 year old kid with all kinds of talent, we can work his ass off soon enough'.
Kylington has some authority/off-ice problems; this is all stuff that can be ironed out.

I love, love, love the two picks we made in the second. It's crazy. We went into the year with an incredibly shallow backend prospect pool, left the draft with a 22 year old #1, and two kids who could very well possibly be top 4, if not better (fingers crossed).

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Both kids they got in the second round, can really, really be legitimate NHLer's.
Rasmus has some poor conditioning, and that was concerning? Good on the Flames to just say 'Hey, this is an 18 year old kid with all kinds of talent, we can work his ass off soon enough'.
Kylington has some authority/off-ice problems; this is all stuff that can be ironed out.

I love, love, love the two picks we made in the second. It's crazy. We went into the year with an incredibly shallow backend prospect pool, left the draft with a 22 year old #1, and two kids who could very well possibly be top 4, if not better (fingers crossed).

Yep, totally. We took guys that have top 3 upside, same as Hickey last year. Both Kylington and Andersson were first round talents and I have a feeling people will be kicking themselves for passing on them. Andersson is a great passer, and has really offensive skills and possesses a good shot. He does a good job at handling the puck up the ice as well, which I cannot emphasize enough how important that is in today's NHL. His stride is a little awkward and his conditioning needs work, all things that are very fixable. I think his skating will soon be a strength as he already is a good skater. I'm so pumped about this pick.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Yep, totally. We took guys that have top 3 upside, same as Hickey last year. Both Kylington and Andersson were first round talents and I have a feeling people will be kicking themselves for passing on them. Andersson is a great passer, and has really offensive skills and possesses a good shot. He does a good job at handling the puck up the ice as well, which I cannot emphasize enough how important that is in today's NHL. His stride is a little awkward and his conditioning needs work, all things that are very fixable. I think his skating will soon be a strength as he already is a good skater. I'm so pumped about this pick.

You know, there are fans of 29 other teams patting themselves on the back about their picks last month; saying the same stuff we are (steals, etc), but man... Hard to not love what the Flames are doing these days.

Happy this kid will probably represent Sweden and will be put into a major role for that team. It's great.

The holes in his game are all manageable. The fact his IQ is up there, and the talent is up there... Just need to get that body to catch up (Which will happen). :handclap:

sgupca

Oct 9, 2008
Halifax, NS
You know, there are fans of 29 other teams patting themselves on the back about their picks last month

Maybe, but when you read scouts or NHL experts opinions about the draft they all seem to declair the leafs and flames the big winners of the day by selecting talented players instead of sticking to the old-minded theory of taking "BIG players"

It's almost crazy that some teams still stick to the old theory that size wins games, when in reality it's who can control the game, and if that's a bunch of small guys then that's who you draft.

jdatb

Apr 29, 2014
Vancouver fan here. Jealous of Calgary's draft day. Hamilton Andersson and Kylington? What a coup

Otzelor

Nov 29, 2015
So I´ve been wondering about this quite a while now, to be exact: a full year.

Has anyone else here also always facepalmed whenever he saw something about Rasmus? Everytime I read/saw something about him this stood out to me: 43rd ovr. Even in todays training camp video.

sorry that I can´t post the images here, please look here:
http://imgur.com/a/8dqWQ (just a few examples)

:facepalm: :pullhair: :rant:

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
So I´ve been wondering about this quite a while now, to be exact: a full year.

Has anyone else here also always facepalmed whenever he saw something about Rasmus? Everytime I read/saw something about him this stood out to me: 43rd ovr. Even in todays training camp video.

sorry that I can´t post the images here, please look here:
http://imgur.com/a/8dqWQ (just a few examples)

:facepalm: :pullhair: :rant:

Yes I've noticed this too. It's even got so bad that I start saying he was a mid round guy lol.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
You watch this kid play; his fitness looks like it's taken a major step... Would not be surprised to see him in Calgary by the end of the year and next year.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'm more bothered by the use of "43th" to be quite honest.

o7rNtAt.jpg

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
:laugh: So I looked up who was 43th overall and found this guy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erik_Černák

I don't get how there can be confusion between the two.

On a random note... I am curious what type of player Calle Andersson is like (Rasmus' older bro). Currently a prospect of NYR with barely any fan fare, seems to be struggling in the AHL.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
On a random note... I am curious what type of player Calle Andersson is like (Rasmus' older bro). Currently a prospect of NYR with barely any fan fare, seems to be struggling in the AHL.

Sounds like an ECHL player then lol.

Not sure whats to be curious about if he's struggling in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad