Prospect Info: Rasmus Andersson (2nd round 2015, 53rd overall)

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
On a random note... I am curious what type of player Calle Andersson is like (Rasmus' older bro). Currently a prospect of NYR with barely any fan fare, seems to be struggling in the AHL.

Sounds like an ECHL player then lol.

Not sure whats to be curious about if he's struggling in the AHL.

Maybe he should Calle it a day.

Ill see myself out...

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Sounds like an ECHL player then lol.

Not sure whats to be curious about if he's struggling in the AHL.

Except last season was his first year in North America based on what I've read. He's been playing in Europe all years previous based on what I read. His style sounds similar to Rasmus, but it easily could be the "one brother is way better than the other bro" situation and we already have the better bro.

Maybe he should Calle it a day.
Ill see myself out...

More like Rasmus being drafted by us and coming over was his Calle-ing card. :naughty::naughty:

*probably gets hit in the face by thrown objects*

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Except last season was his first year in North America based on what I've read. He's been playing in Europe all years previous based on what I read. His style sounds similar to Rasmus, but it easily could be the "one brother is way better than the other bro" situation and we already have the better bro.

Eh, fair enough. I tend not to read much into brothers. I mean, Jared Staal is so far below his brothers, Marc plays completely different from his brothers, Eric can't even play half the defense Jordan does, etc.

Plus if Malcom Subban played like his brothers Jordan and PK, we'd need a new trophy for best offensive goaltender. :laugh:

Was just watching a video of the development camp, and man he has sexy hair.

Last edited:

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
On a random note... I am curious what type of player Calle Andersson is like (Rasmus' older bro). Currently a prospect of NYR with barely any fan fare, seems to be struggling in the AHL.

?

5 Goals, 4 assists in 43 games as a 21 year old rookie defenseman doesn't sound like "struggling". In fact that's pretty much identical to 22 year old Tyler Wotherspoon who most here think is NHL-ready.

I'm sure you need a good set of eyes fixed on the player to really evaluate Calle Andersson.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
5 points in 5 games to start his AHL career after two monster seasons in the OHL. This guy is legit.

Edit: awe crud I thought this was on main board :laugh:

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
I'll say the same thing I said when replying in the "Flames are 1-3-1 to start the season zomg tehyre suxors fire eeeryone" thread...

5 games is a pretty small sample size.

Nice to see he's doing well though. How's his skating?

He is quick, I think speed was never the problem. It's endurance, I have watched two games so far this season and wouldn't say he's As bad a Roman a few years ago but he is still far away from where he needs to be. He first two steps aren't the fastest but top speed he is actually rather fast.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
How close is Rasmus to being a yearly consideration for making the big club?

@OKG, at the time of that previous post in July, I had been reading about NYR fans thinking Calle has struggled. I was just parroting it. Other than looking at stats, forum posts and clips online, I cannot substantiate the claim. 9 points in 43 doesn't sound great for an offensive Dman though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad