Ranking the Forwards: #9

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Time will tell SF. :laugh:

For me Pirri comes off as a rather one dimensional player. Vesey has been sold as a two-way playmaking scorer. The eye-test couldn't be made as of now. Time will tell.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
That's the thing about crazy people, they don't know they are crazy. That's what makes them crazy. ;)

tumblr_mj4ohoW9hp1s5746vo1_500.png

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
the blind faith in Buch and Ves before preseason is the kind of fan optimism these sites need more of,
why not (although i did not) rank them ahead of guys who have not yet nailed down standing as proven top 9 F
but its all a guessing game,
a guy like Pirri or Grabner might really complement NYR's lineup and system
but so might the kids
bring on camp already 8^)

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
I don't even see it as blind faith. I pretty much expect it from Buch. Vesey I'ma cut some slack, but not Buch. He's in a veni-vidi-vici situation if you ask me.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
what is "everything else"?

he's literally not played one NHL game lol

I really like Pirri's offensive abilities, but he's prone to floating and doesn't really engaged physically along the boards or backchecking. He's limited in his defensive and skating abilites, but he has outstanding hands, vision, and his shot is a laser, which help overshadow how he's a drag on possession and scoring chances.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Don't understand this poll.

But I will tell you this, Stepan will be our best player this year, hands down. Top center, top scorer. He will get off to a fast start this year. He's already making an impact at the world cup.

Of that list, I would have to say Oscar Lindberg. Going against the sophomore jinx.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Don't understand this poll.

But I will tell you this, Stepan will be our best player this year, hands down. Top center, top scorer. He will get off to a fast start this year. He's already making an impact at the world cup.

Of that list, I would have to say Oscar Lindberg. Going against the sophomore jinx.

It's pretty self explanatory....?

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I really like Pirri's offensive abilities, but he's prone to floating and doesn't really engaged physically along the boards or backchecking. He's limited in his defensive and skating abilites, but he has outstanding hands, vision, and his shot is a laser, which help overshadow how he's a drag on possession and scoring chances.

Past three seasons aggregated via Corsica.Hockey, Pirri is -1% relSA% | -4.63 relSCF%.

I'm happy to live with that for the 30th most productive individual 5v5 goal scorer in the league over the last three seasons among forwards with at least 1500 minutes of TOI in that span :) (0.96 per 60).

Guy should be a staple on this team. He can score. We need goals. He is better than Vesey.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I really like Pirri's offensive abilities, but he's prone to floating and doesn't really engaged physically along the boards or backchecking.

Neither do Kreider, Hayes, or Zuccarello; it's not their games.

He's limited in his defensive and skating abilites,

Pirri's skating flat out sucks, I agree.

Defensively he's not great but he's passable. He doesn't hurt anybody, and with his goal scoring it can be overlooked.

but he has outstanding hands, vision, and his shot is a laser, which help overshadow how he's a drag on possession and scoring chances.

I wouldn't call -0.3rel over the past 3 yrs a "drag". Especially because he generally made his linemates better in possession over that same time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad