• RUS-SWE-CAN/USA

• SWE-CAN-RUS/USA

• SWE-USA-RUS/CAN

• SWE-RUS-CAN/USA

Results are only viewable after voting.

RapidKnight

Dec 29, 2021
Yeah, I don't know about that.

Is Canada B really that much (if any) better than USA B? I'd say both the A and B teams are pretty close.

Canada B
Skinner-Barzal-Thomas
RNH-Scheifele-Cozens
Benn-Suzuki-Batherson
Couture-PLD-Konecny

Morrisey-Hamilton
Reilly-Doughty
Parayko-Dobson

Fleury
Kuemper

USA B
JT Miller-Larkin-Pavelski
DeBrincat-Zegras-Tuch
Kreider-Benier-Terry
Keller-Hayes-Wheeler

Sanderson-Carlson
Fowler-Faulk
McDonagh-Pesce

Demko
Gibson

-----------

Canada A
Stamkos-McDavid-MacKinnon
Machard-Crosby-Bergeron
Huberdeau-Point-Marner
Horvat-Tavares-Stone

Toews-Makar
Theodore-Pietrangelo
Chabot-Ekblad

Hart
Jarry

USA A
M Tkachuk-Matthews-Kane
Robertson-Thompson-Gaudreau
Connor-Hughes-Caufield
Guentzel-Eichel-B. Tkachuk

Slavin-Fox
Hughes-McAvoy
Werenski-Jones

Oettinger
Hellebuyck
Pelech would certainly make Canada B.

Reactions: 95snipes

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I think the US is the most well-rounded.

The fact that the NHL isn't taking advantage of this opportunity for a best-on-best victory for the States blows my mind.

I feel like these games would easily be more entertaining than any international games we’ve ever seen

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Goaltending:
Russia > USA = Sweden > Canada

Defense:
Canada >Sweden = USA >>>Russia

Offense:
Canada >> Russia >= USA >> Sweden

Overall:
Canada
USA
Russia
Sweden

Canada's goaltending is a question mark but that center depth is pretty much untouchable. Defense is arguably the best too.
USA is strong everywhere but lack the high-end talent of Canada and Russia. Still, second best team.
Russia has high-end talents and is IMO the strongest in net but that defense team would get feasted on by top 2 teams.
Sweden lacks depth in front that Canada and USA has. Good goaltending and really solid defense, has always.

What high end talent does Russia have that USA lacks?

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
CAN
US of A
RUS
SWE

Pretty close cause Canada lacks a clear cut elite goalie

Mackinnon, McDavid, Marner, Bergeron, Marchand, Crosby, Pietrangelo, Makar etc. are still the best of the best in the league. I think they just have more of the elite two-way players.

USA is closer than they’ve ever been though.

Reactions: PuckG and authentic

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Finlands C-team just won against all thoose players at WC 2yrs back. C-depth is crucial and Finland has a far superior team witrh 200ft players. Thoose Russian players play offense only except Nichuskin.

C-depth Barkov, Aho, Hintz, Granlund, Lundell are all 200ft players. Russia has Malkin... Suddenly C-depth doesnt matter now? Usually teams with better C-dept and 2-way play win. We have it.

Heiskanen is a far better D, than any Russian. Lindell, Hakanpää, Määttä are all on par with that Russian D. Ristolainen wouldnt even be on the team.

Vasi has been shit this season and Shesty not much better.

As a team, Finland play better than Russia 90% of the time. In the last 2 decades we have won Russia much more than they and our team is infact a lot better now. 2-way play very much counts. Russia cant run-n-gun against us.

Here is your superior Russia with 0 goals against our C-team:

Russia
j#NamePos
88VASILEVSKI AndreiGK
40GEORGIEV AlexanderGK
Line 1
98SERGACHYOV MikhailD
89NESTEROV NikitaD
25GRIGORENKO MikhailF
11MALKIN YevgeniF
63DADONOV YevgeniF
Line 2
9ORLOV DmitriD
22ZAITSEV NikitaD
8OVECHKIN AlexanderF
92KUZNETSOV YevgeniF
77KAPRIZOV KirillF
Line 3

3KHAFIZULLIN DinarD
4GAVRIKOV VladislavD
97GUSEV NikitaF
15ANISIMOV ArtyomF
86KUCHEROV NikitaF
Line 4
61ZADOROV NikitaD
94BARABANOV AlexanderF
71KOVALCHUK IlyaF
13ANDRONOV SergeiF
7TELEGIN IvanF
Head coach
VOROBYOV IlyaHe. Co.

Finland
j#NamePos
30LANKINEN KevinGK
45OLKINUORA JussiGK
Line 1
55OHTAMAA AtteD
4LEHTONEN MikkoD
20OJAMAKI NikoF
21TYRVAINEN JuhaniF
25RAJALA ToniF
Line 2
28JOKIHARJU HenriD
40LINDBOHM PetteriD
24KAKKO KaapoF
65MANNINEN SakariF
82PESONEN HarriF
Line 3

7KASKI OliwerD
70MIKKOLA NikoD
71KUUSELA KristianF
76SALLINEN JereF
19SAVINAINEN Veli-MattiF
Line 4
58HAKANPAA JaniD
50KOIVISTO MiikaD
12ANTTILA MarkoF
91LAMMIKKO JuhoF
41KIVIRANTA Joel F
Head coach
JALONEN JukkaHe. Co.

Actually you make good points here. Head to head there’s a good chance this Finland team would win.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
What high end talent does Russia have that USA lacks?

Kucherov, Panarin and Kaprizov is hard to argue against

Thompson is possibly one of them but the russian trio is proved and certified. Also, even tho he has a so-so season right now, I still consider Vasilevsky as the best goaltender on planet Earth

Still think that USA would roll over them because they are mighty deep and is the only team that would give Canada problems

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Kucherov, Panarin and Kaprizov is hard to argue against

Thompson is possibly one of them but the russian trio is proved and certified. Also, even tho he has a so-so season right now, I still consider Vasilevsky as the best goaltender on planet Earth

Still think that USA would roll over them because they are mighty deep and is the only team that would give Canada problems

Thompson? Are you forgetting about Gaudreau and Matthews or what 😂

Matthews is better than Kucherov and Gaudreau is better than Panarin. Remains to be seen if Thompson keeps this up but if he does he’ll be right there with Kaprizov too.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Thompson? Are you forgetting about Gaudreau and Matthews or what 😂

Matthews is better than Kucherov and Gaudreau is better than Panarin. Remains to be seen if Thompson keeps this up but if he does he’ll be right there with Kaprizov too.

I completly forgot about Matthews lol
He's one, yeah haha

Reactions: authentic

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
Canada head and shoulders the best.

On paper the USA might be second but quite frankly when a true tournament rolls around I would be more than willing to place a wager that they finish lower than second place. Way higher than 50/50 that one of the other European top teams will edge them out and the USA consistently finds a way to underperform the sum of their parts. Russia is a bit of a mess even if they were allowed to participate again, so I'd bet either a full strength Sweden or Finland would be likelier than not to beat the US team.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Crosby is IMO the 5th best players ever.
There's only one players in his generation that breath the same air (he's also Russian but it's def mot Datsyuk).

Datsyuk was great and all, but some people must come back to reality

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Russia has the best wingers and goalies in the world.

Russia’s defense is actually underrated as it’s drastically improved over the last few years.

It’s the centers that are the main weakness. The depth is just abysmal

Reactions: DaveG

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Canada
Russia
USA
Sweden

Would also definitely swap out Chabot for one of Ekblad or Doughty, not even sure if he's worthy of a reserve spot at this point
He's been unreal lately. After he took some time off, he was clearly playing hurt. 10 bad games doesnt erase the previous 200. He isnt a lock to start in the top 6 but he should absolutely be on the team. He is the main reason the sens have played well recently even with all the injuries. When he was bad so were they. They go as he goes which shows how important/good he can be.

This is a tough one, too bad Finlands team isnt out there either. All teams good enough to win in a single game elimination for sure.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
Canada head and shoulders the best.

On paper the USA might be second but quite frankly when a true tournament rolls around I would be more than willing to place a wager that they finish lower than second place. Way higher than 50/50 that one of the other European top teams will edge them out and the USA consistently finds a way to underperform the sum of their parts. Russia is a bit of a mess even if they were allowed to participate again, so I'd bet either a full strength Sweden or Finland would be likelier than not to beat the US team.

Nobody is head and shoulders better than anyone else among USA, SWE, CAN, FIN and RUS.
The difference is razor thin. Sure there are favorites, but anyone could realistically beat anyone else on any given day.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Canada’s goaltending is weak enough that their slight advantage at forward disappears. Makar is awesome, but I’d give the edge to USA on defense just barely as well.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Canada’s goaltending is weak enough that their slight advantage at forward disappears. Makar is awesome, but I’d give the edge to USA on defense just barely as well.
the thing is, when your D core is THAT good, your goaltending can be mediocre. Colorado was the perfect example last season. And even in 2014, Price didnt exactly have a difficult tournament.

Its not like Jarry and Kuemper are bad goalies by any means, but yes, on paper, Russia takes the cake. But I think goalies like Markstrom or Hellebuyck could have bad games maybe just as easily as Canada's. Its one game elimination.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
Pretty unfair for Canada to be able to run McDavid and Makar. I feel like I could be in net and that team would still at least win bronze

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Russia has the best wingers and goalies in the world.

Russia’s defense is actually underrated as it’s drastically improved over the last few years.

It’s the centers that are the main weakness. The depth is just abysmal

Their defense is better than it was but it's clearly their weakness right now, as they aren't close of the other three teams in that regards

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Yeah, I don't know about that.

Is Canada B really that much (if any) better than USA B? I'd say both the A and B teams are pretty close.

Canada B
Skinner-Barzal-Thomas
RNH-Scheifele-Cozens
Benn-Suzuki-Batherson
Couture-PLD-Konecny

Morrisey-Hamilton
Reilly-Doughty
Parayko-Dobson

Fleury
Kuemper

USA B
JT Miller-Larkin-Pavelski
DeBrincat-Zegras-Tuch
Kreider-Benier-Terry
Keller-Hayes-Wheeler

Sanderson-Carlson
Fowler-Faulk
McDonagh-Pesce

Demko
Gibson

-----------

Canada A
Stamkos-McDavid-MacKinnon
Machard-Crosby-Bergeron
Huberdeau-Point-Marner
Horvat-Tavares-Stone

Toews-Makar
Theodore-Pietrangelo
Chabot-Ekblad

Hart
Jarry

USA A
M Tkachuk-Matthews-Kane
Robertson-Thompson-Gaudreau
Connor-Hughes-Caufield
Guentzel-Eichel-B. Tkachuk

Slavin-Fox
Hughes-McAvoy
Werenski-Jones

Oettinger
Hellebuyck
I'd have Samuelsson on team A before Jones.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
The Canada's center depth is stupid. Crosby and Bergeron bottom 6 centers LOL. Who can compete with that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad