GDT: Rangers @ Wings | 12/29/2017 | 7:30PM

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Red Wings are 3-0-1 when Athanasiou plays 18 minutes or more.
In those games Athanasiou has 4 goals and 2 assists.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Well he had a period where he was a sieve in the shootout but I don’t recall that happening with penalty shots. Might be misremembering though.
After reading what everyone replied I am the one that misremembered lol.

Very nice to see AA play well. I'd like to see it more than once in a blue moon though. I can not think of one reason for Blashill to split that line for the game against Pittsburgh. If AA goes back to bad habits after a game or two or three then plug him back on the 4th line.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Jimmy has stabilized a bit. Has great stats in 4 of his last 5 games. I'd love to move him. I wonder what NYI would give for him if we took Greiss in return and retained on Howard. Howard is the better goalie with the better contract. Greiss is a career back-up who has fallen back to earth but has an ugly contract for 2 more years. Detroit could roll with Greiss and Coreau for 2 more years under a new GM and really get their tank on...

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Jimmy has stabilized a bit. Has great stats in 4 of his last 5 games. I'd love to move him. I wonder what NYI would give for him if we took Greiss in return and retained on Howard. Howard is the better goalie with the better contract. Greiss is a career back-up who has fallen back to earth but has an ugly contract for 2 more years. Detroit could roll with Greiss and Coreau for 2 more years under a new GM and really get their tank on...

I see no point in that. Mrazek will be gone freeing up over 4 million.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Larkin and AA were unreal this game.

Larkin for sure was unreal. And AA showed flashes of what he could be if he cared/could get it all together. It's why he's so frustrating to me. Its clear he's got skills. The problem is he's the worst combination of poor compete level and streaky, and only when he decides to compete and when he's on his game do we see these flashes. I honestly believe if he were invested in being the best player he could be, by the end of his career 800 games 400 point player that is known for strong 2 way play. Right now I see him being a guy that gets ~600 games ~250 points and purely situational usage and bolts to the KHL at some point. And the worst part is the only thing keeping him from being the former is that he doesn't want to be that player.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
The game was actually fun to watch. That's all I care about.

It was. But if we're going to win in extra time, I want it to happen in OT. More goals/points for our guys individually and a more meaningful end to boot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad