GDT: Rangers vs Kitty Cats - "Goalies With 'Lu' In Their Names" Edition -3/10/18 - 7pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
fw62Huw.gif

That guy is my spirit animal

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I was kind of thinking that the alternative is that once Spoonman plays on the PA, the spotlights catch Spooner as he rides a cage down from the rafters, and he then fights Hadfield a la "Hell in a Cell" at center ice.
Spooner would never wake up.

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
I can picture it now.

During the Vic Hadfield jersey retirement ceremony next year, it'll go on as normal. And then, they start playing Spoonman on the PA, and Spooner jumps over the boards and hip checks Vic off the podium, then skates over to the banner and tears it down.

Hayes then skates out wearing Spooner's banner as a cape. They fist bump mid ice.

The crowd goes wild.

Nice add with the cape :thumbu:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Spooner on the bench explaining to the boys how they get it done 3v5 if they're on the ice with the O'Gara pair.

Also, Buch is officially Nash-bitten.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
argh Buch...

Puck was on edge so he didn't hit it cleanly.. that was an open net :/

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
This is a guy that I don't get the hate for, either. He's a fine bottom-pairing defenseman. He's also dirt cheap.

I think if we're rebuilding, I'd rather see a slew of defensemen capable of becoming a lot better getting minutes on the 3rd pair. Similar to a John Moore a few years ago. A couple of $1M reclamation projects would be nice.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Of course it just HAD to be Yandle making the defensive play...lol.. i feel like he is mocking us at this point :)

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Are you watching the game? He's constantly getting beat. He had that one slow guy take him to the outside and O'Gara made him look like McDavid.
Yeah, I've had the game on since the second period. I've ranted for ages that I think he's being used wrong when paired with a slow partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad