Pre-Game Talk: Rangers vs. Jets 10/13/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Yup, he has. You two are the ONLY ones bashing on him. So I'm not sure what you too are seeing? I dont want to , but if I look back at your history, am i going to see you two bashing him every game? I think yes..

Sorry guys, but PLEASE, just watch the game, dont look at the "advanced" stats, just WATCH the game and tell me how he is playing.

I haven't been particularly impressed with Staal thus far. I don't think he's been terrible, mind you, but I don't think he's been fantastic either. He's had some good and bad, like most of the team thus far sans a few certain guys (Hank, Lindberg, Yandle).

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Yup, he has. You two are the ONLY ones bashing on him. So I'm not sure what you too are seeing? I dont want to , but if I look back at your history, am i going to see you two bashing him every game? I think yes..

Sorry guys, but PLEASE, just watch the game, dont look at the "advanced" stats, just WATCH the game and tell me how he is playing.

I've watched the three games and think Staal has looked like ****

what now?

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I've watched the three games and think Staal has looked like ****

what now?

And majority posters think your wrong.

what now?

Should i check your history too? And see how much u bashed him the last year, or no? Some of you just LOVE to bash him. No matter how good he is.

filth e mcnasti

Jan 27, 2013
AZ
Gorton needs to take Glass off this team. Don't even give AV an option. I love the coach but for **** sake the guy is a ****ing plug.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm not necessarily disagreeing but Machinehead bashes every defenseman not named Yandle.

So far every defenseman not named Yandle or Klein has been **** on fire inside a trash can. That's not my fault.

To be fair to Staal, I don't Bobby Orr could have looked good with Boyle these first three games.

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I believe McIlrath is going to add an element of moving the puck out of danger that this team hasn't had besides Yandle.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
The defenseman I'm most concerned with right now is Ryan McDonagh. He's playing just fine. But he keeps leaving himself vulnerable and squared up to some really really big hits. He's gotta fix that or we're going to have much bigger problems then Staal being a bit rusty.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Put Etem in then. He could use a game or two.

Fair point. But nobody disagrees that Glass had a very good game on Saturday. Reward him by playing him again.

Based on everything we can tell, Etem has done nothing to earn a roster spot. Again - another message to send a young player - you will not be gifted opportunities. I firmly believe that this type of mentality is one reason why we are so successful without "top end" draft picks, and a team like Edmonton is so unsuccessful with a plethora of young "stars". We are instilling the right work ethic and sense of accountability in our young players. Credit goes to Renney, Torts, and AV for that. It's part of the Rangers brand now.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
I am OK with Glass playing now over Fast. Really. And I hope he plays well. Because there is no other way he is getting moved unless he shows on the Ice he can be contributing to another team. Early in the year, see the point.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Bottom line guys, if our biggest worry right now is which player is playing 4th line wing in October, that's a good problem to have...

This is a familiar conversation .... Let's see if I can remember how it goes .... We need a good fourth line, right? Winning teams roll four good lines. Our fourth line w/o Glass is better than decent. They can move the puck, control it, possess it. OTOH, the Glass fourth line from last year was problematic. The coach really didn't trust them at the ends of close games.

And Glass is such an easily fixable problem. Why not fix it.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
A lot of people are missing this aspect of the equation. It can be very valuable to a young player who, after a successful rookie year, maybe isn't playing quite up to standard. To have that young player sit out a few games and feel like he has to earn his spot in the lineup back can be really important for that player's short term and long term development.

AV plays Glass because he likes playing Glass. What he sees in him, I don't know, but he must see something.

Even when has a better option, he won't take it.

AV wants Glass in the line-up.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Trouble is, if Glass is out of the lineup with punks like Byfuglien in the game, McIlrath becomes our enforcer by default. Do we want McIlrath enforcing when he's trying to get his feet planted in the league? I, for one, don't.

Still disappointed about Fast, though. He hasn't been good but I don't think he's been terrible, either.

This is a very interesting point. Maybe this is why Glass is in?

McIlrath has enough to worry about with trying to play well enough to stick in the NHL. Maybe AV wants Glass in so McIlrath doesn't have to focus on being a policeman on top of his defensive duties. Lighten the load, so to speak.

Regardless of whether or not Glass actually has any positive effect, If McIlrath feels more comfortable not having to be the only tough guy, then it works. Its all psychological.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Towards the end of the Columbus game (Game 2) I forget who it was, but someone came in and cheap-shotted Fast. It was ~5-10 seconds from the end of the game. It look like it stung him a bit as he stood up and winced. I am wondering if he is slightly banged up and instead of him compounding it by playing they may be giving him a couple of days off from playing a game.

AV loves Fast. He raved about him last year. Either that or they are showcasing Glass a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad