Pre-Game Talk: Rangers vs. Jets 10/13/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
I know we as fans believe the intimidation factor has no effect on a game. And many here think Glass does not even bring those qualities, however for whatever reason the team plays well with him in there and some high end hockey minds (AV included) see the physical side of the game as an important cog in the wheel.

The team played better by every metric and standard you can find last year, without Tanner Glass in the lineup.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
McIlrath is really going to settle everything down. Maybe we finally won't be 30% possession team with him in the lineup :heart:

pjr378

Oct 12, 2014
Yonkers, New York
Trouble is, if Glass is out of the lineup with punks like Byfuglien in the game, McIlrath becomes our enforcer by default. Do we want McIlrath enforcing when he's trying to get his feet planted in the league? I, for one, don't.

Still disappointed about Fast, though. He hasn't been good but I don't think he's been terrible, either.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Please for the love of god Yandle-McIlrath. Don't make him carry Staal.

Trouble is, if Glass is out of the lineup with punks like Byfuglien in the game, McIlrath becomes our enforcer by default. Do we want McIlrath enforcing when he's trying to get his feet planted in the league? I, for one, don't.

Still disappointed about Fast, though. He hasn't been good but I don't think he's been terrible, either.

Glass was in the lineup when Byfuglien tried to kill JT Miller. It didn't stop him.

Byfuglien is a good hockey player, he's going to completely ignore garbage like Glass.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Please for the love of god Yandle-McIlrath. Don't make him carry Staal.

Glass was in the lineup when Byfuglien tried to kill JT Miller. It didn't stop him.

Byfuglien is a good hockey player, he's going to completely ignore garbage like Glass.

??

Staal has been fantastic in the first 3 games.

Wolfy*

I just can't understand this never ending Glass whining, he played well against CBJ, right now I'd say he'll help the team more than Fast.

Glass is also above Fast and Etem on the depth chart based on his experience, something coaches respect a lot.

*Bob Richards*

I just pray to the deities that Jesper Fast awakens from these scratches, retakes his spot from Glass and we never look back.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I just can't understand this never ending Glass whining, he played well against CBJ, right now I'd say he'll help the team more than Fast.

Glass is also above Fast and Etem on the depth chart based on his experience, something coaches respect a lot.

I still don't get what Fast did wrong in the first 2 games. He is very solid defensively

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Rangers are showcasing Glass for a trade, right? Only thing that makes sense.

It's not about making sense, unfortunately.

It didn't make sense that they played Glass all last year either.

It didn't make sense to trade for Sheppard only to sit him.

Everything about Glass doesn't make sense.

It's frustrating - we're very logical, looking for some angle as to why AV repeatedly plays the inferior guy. When all along, the best explanation has been that AV doesn't see Glass as the inferior guy.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
The way people talk about AV's past you think he'd have won a cup so far.

President's trophy is great. Long playoffs are great. Until he wins a cup, I think it's pretty fair to question whether or not he's making small decisions right. The margin of error is very slim at that level.

Exactly. He's good. Our team is good. But to win it all we have to be close to flawless. The TG romance/fourth line follies continue to hurt us.

*Bob Richards*

Tanner Glass couldn't help an old lady carry her groceries to the car.

Now I'm picturing him going insanely out of his way to body check her, only to miss and fall down allowing for an odd man rush.

The Undertaker

Jun 22, 2012
I knew the second I saw this thread at 5 pages over 24 hours before gametime against the freaking Jets that Glass was in.

**** AV, **** Gorton, and **** Glass.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I've blown a gasket before based on AV's decision to play Glass. However, there are a couple of things that are calming me down this time and giving me hope:

1) If he's honest and was ACTUALLY close to playing Fast, that's at least somewhat encouraging.

2) Glass did have a decent game by his standards last game.

3) I really think AV likes Fast. He was one of our playoff heroes last year. This is not Stempniak who I was sure AV wanted out of the lineup every chance he got. I doubt Fast sits too long.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Now I'm picturing him going insanely out of his way to body check her, only to miss and fall down allowing for an odd man rush.

He'd pick up the bags from the cart and the bottoms would immediately fall out causing milk and eggs to splatter everywhere. The old lady would start to complain but then AV would show up and tell her that he thought Glass did a good job carrying the bags and immediately punch her in the face for good measure right after.

The Undertaker

Jun 22, 2012
I've blown a gasket before based on AV's decision to play Glass. However, there are a couple of things that are calming me down this time and giving me hope:

1) If he's honest and was ACTUALLY close to playing Fast, that's at least somewhat encouraging.

2) Glass did have a decent game by his standards last game.

3) I really think AV likes Fast. He was one of our playoff heroes last year. This is not Stempniak who I was sure AV wanted out of the lineup every chance he got. I doubt Fast sits too long.

1. Lies. He lied the other day saying Fast was "banged up" to avoid taking heat for putting Tanner in. The man is a snake and lying is second nature to him

2. Fluke. 5+ seasons of play from Tanner Glass have proven he is in the bottom 1% of players in the league and might just be the single worst player getting regular time.

3. No where near as much as Glass though. AV loves Tanner more than his wife and kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad