GDT: Rangers vs Canes - "Here I am. Tanking like a Hurricane?" Edition - 3/12/18 - 7pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
It’s not an attack. Defensively he stinks. He’s proven nothing. He does anything that’s not awful and their is an extreme positive reaction.
What does he have so far, like 9 nhl games experience on a team that sucks this year? I think he’s looked pretty good all things considered.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
In a way, you're right.

If he did nothing but safely chip the puck to the other team like Neal Pionk, everyone would love him.

Our PP entries have been trash for years. Just another reason among many that this entire coaching staff should GTFO of town. I think Gorton is going to get rid of them all with the exception of Allaire.

Reactions: Machinehead

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
He tries to do way too much. And people see that and think it's gonna turn into greatness because it kinda looks good.
I don't agree with that, and though you can make a point against him on even strengh, it's asinine to not play him a lot on the pp, he is so much better at it than Skjei and Gilmour.

stan the caddy

Sep 27, 2011
Because he makes moves on the blue line? You guys were ****ing in your pants every time mcdonagh or yandle did it...

Not me. I honestly like boring defenders that play defense. I absolutely hated MDZ and garbage defense and his attrocious +/-. He was the reason why they missed the playoffs that year.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
In 31 games ADA has 8 points/ -17.
ZERO goals.
While he's show glimpses of "flashy-ness" let's not act like he's a legit 2nd pairing Dman just yet..

Did you ever consider the fact that maybe Buch isn't exactly a 1st liner?

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
He's among a handful of players that really aren't part of the problem. If anything, him and Lundqvist are guilty of trying to do too much every single night because the team and the coach are completely inadequate.

He’s also the guy we overlook because he’s more or less a constant. I think I said almost exactly that before the season started.

stan the caddy

Sep 27, 2011
Yeah MDZ was -4 with the Rangers. How dare he.

What were the good players over that time period? I bet they weren't in the minus. Those teams were good. They only missed the playoffs once and it was because we had to deal with his growing pains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad