Do you like it?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Looked great on the ice. Much better than last year’s, which were too light for my taste.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Looked great on the ice. Much better than last year’s, which were too light for my taste.
When I turned the game on for some reason I thought we looked like the CBJ or something. But after that I didn't really notice it. I actually did kind of like the logo, which I didn't think looked unreasonably large as people had mentioned initially.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Happy they had a really big win in their new thirds.

We wanted to burn the new Liberties after a few games.

They looked ok as a full uniform. I like the dark gloves although there are literally 8 shades of blues going on

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Used in-game I think they're okay. Not good, not bad. Okay. 20 years from now no one will remember them either way.

I thought about that last night. I think these jerseys have a 3 year shelf life, if that, before they're done. 26-27 is their centennial season so I'd imagine you'll see a lot of new/different/throwback jerseys worn that year and these will disappear and never be seen again.

Captain Monglobster

Nov 9, 2005
The only good third jersey they have ever had is lady liberty. First winter classic jersey was acceptable but then they kept wearing it for like 5 years.

Cygnus 2112

Aug 7, 2014
Long Island
The only good third jersey they have ever had is lady liberty. First winter classic jersey was acceptable but then they kept wearing it for like 5 years.
Did you mean the 85th anny 3rd? They used that for a bit (I really liked that design).....as for the 2012 WC they wore it 3 times that season. 1/2/12...and then once at home vs. PHI and I think once again on the road v. PHI.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
It's funny, I loved the Liberties as a kid, blue and especially the white ones, then I met some older fans who were laughing that I had bought one for myself because they were so ugly and not a 'real' NYR logo. I remember ppl on here absolutely ripping them too for quite a while, but now they're 'vintage' and it seems most have come around. Or maybe the population here has gotten younger and loved them too as kids.

Regarding these new 3rds, I liked them before last night but thought the logo looked over-sized and weird in the pics. On the ice and on the players though it looked absolutely fine, 8/10. I think 1 out of 3 liking it is pretty fair for an O6 team new look/style jersey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad