Rangers Unveil Third Jersey

Do you like it?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Not a fan but whatever, we seem to get a new 3rd jersey every year.

This is the first time since Adidas took over that we have a 3rd jersey. Our first since the Heritage jersey retired in 2017.

Sure, we had event jerseys, but those are different. The Reverse Retro programs I don't consider 3rd jerseys either, since those were league-wide initiatives.

This one will be, by all accounts and comms from the team, around for several years. A proper 3rd jersey.

DaBadGuy7

Dec 28, 2004
Newark,NJ
how about yes?

Go back to a darker/deeper blue.

f8A6ly6.png

I agree with that and modernizing the jerseys. Do what the Knicks did, just subtle changes and I love to see a modernized version of the 94 era jerseys. I like those better than the current jerseys.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
This is the first time since Adidas took over that we have a 3rd jersey. Our first since the Heritage jersey retired in 2017.

Sure, we had event jerseys, but those are different. The Reverse Retro programs I don't consider 3rd jerseys either, since those were league-wide initiatives.

This one will be, by all accounts and comms from the team, around for several years. A proper 3rd jersey.
Oh, well i consider any jersey that isnt our home/away to be just another “3rd” jersey. And we’ve had a bunch.

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
Ugly. I guess the huge ass logo and font would make ssome sense if it were a one time stadium game jersey.
Or if the logo were made of AR500 steel...then it could be body armor.

Thought about it and after a few days, I still hate these. Also hate the elbow jersey numbers. Reminds me of the absolute trash jerseys the Flyers are wearing that looks like someone had their grandma stitch numbers and names onto a stock youth hockey jersey.

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013

Well that's a let down. Looks like a practice jersey.

What’s a Ranger?
Ole Tex Ranger! We could put an old rich white guy on the front.

Lady Liberty wearing a Rangers sweater and the flame being red white and blue, would be an interesting concept. NYC skyline never used either, we are located in the heart of Manhattan.

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
Ole Tex Ranger! We could put an old rich white guy on the front.

Lady Liberty wearing a Rangers sweater and the flame being red white and blue, would be an interesting concept. NYC skyline never used either, we are located in the heart of Manhattan.

My wife thought a play on "Tex's Rangers" could have been a better jersey than this (and something unique) too. I'd be curious what such a concept could look like.

The trend of jerseys that look like practice jerseys as thirds, or fake throwbacks, is kind of played out.

Reactions: redwhiteandblue

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
There are some explanations into what they were thinking.

Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 11.16.51 AM.png

And according to this - the Socks will match the trippy piping on the sleeves. Leaving the 3 bands at the bottom of the sweater in no mans land.

We'll get our first look on Sunday

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
There are some explanations into what they were thinking.

View attachment 778615

And according to this - the Socks will match the trippy piping on the sleeves. Leaving the 3 bands at the bottom of the sweater in no mans land.

We'll get our first look on Sunday
I like the thinking.

Again, if they wanted to do a "New York nights" theme, the neon logo would have slapped.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
I hated it at first but it's grown on me. Coupled with the fact that we're stuck with Fanatics and this might be the last Adidas jersey, I bought a Fox.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Are we getting a jersey for the outdoor game? If so please let is be white or cream finish with the Liberty involved.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad