Confirmed with Link: Rangers Trade Kolarik to Pens for Benn Ferriero

Punxrocknyc19*

Mashinter, now Ferriero the Whale are getting a lot tougher to play against.

ok but when will Whale pick up some AHL defenseman who might have a chance in the NHL?? not some ECHL skill playing on the AHL defense or even in the NHL (Bickel)

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
I don't know what to really think of this, but this definitely seems more of an NHL depth move rather than an AHL scorers move. I like Kolarik (A LOT), but he wasn't really going to be called up IMO. I'd rather have a guy like BF to be a back-up, 13th foward player who would be well liked by Torts as a grinder. Kolarik was either a top 6 foward or bust and not hating on him (because I'm pretty sure he would've had that spot next year), but he seemed to be more of an AHL regular. No future plans for him in NY. It kind of showed by not bringing him into training camp. Good Luck Chad! Welcome Ferrerio!

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Not sure why he would potentially go into the Ranger lineup then. Maybe he does start in the AHL

I wouldn't imagine that he'd go into the Rangers' line up. If he played there like he played in Wilkes Barre (no look passes to opposing players, selfish penalties, drop passes to no one in particular in the defensive zone) I think Tortorella might end up in jail.

I don't see why the Pens would do this trade.

Because Ferriero isn't any good. Maybe Kolarik isn't either, I don't have more than a handful of AHL games to base any judgement of him on.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I wouldn't imagine that he'd go into the Rangers' line up. If he played there like he played in Wilkes Barre (no look passes to opposing players, selfish penalties, drop passes to no one in particular in the defensive zone) I think Tortorella might end up in jail.

Because Ferriero isn't any good. Maybe Kolarik isn't either, I don't have more than a handful of AHL games to base any judgement of him on.

So you're telling me he'll fit right in.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
ferrierolink.jpg

returnoftheferriero.jpg

Please use these if he's called up.

I always really liked Ferriero, he's a good energy forward who always plays hard and had a tendency to score big goals for us. He was just a little behind the game defensively and undersized. Its unfortunate that he hasn't been able to stick in the bigs so far, if he gets a chance and is used in a scoring role I think he'll do good for you.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
With the quick callup of Ferriero to NYR we are going to see if Sather made a good trade here for the organizations needs, in the short term at least. Oh yeah, I forgot, Kolarik was an AHL allstar...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad