Confirmed with Link: Rangers Trade Kolarik to Pens for Benn Ferriero

Colby

Mar 2, 2011
92 games of NHL experience. 7 goals in 35 games last year with the Sharks.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Theres an NHL body.

Great player for BC. Phenomenal playmaker at the college level. Played bottom six with the Sharks so he can grind it out but he was a good offensive talent in college.

I like it, if the org was that down on Kolarik.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Ferriero does everything Kolarik does, but he's younger and has already proven himself as a viable spare forward. High energy and isn't afraid of the dirty areas. Could be a 3rd/4th line call-up as he definitely fits the mold of this team.

I'm good with it.

*Bob Richards*

Ferriero does everything Kolarik does, but he's younger and has already proven himself as a viable spare forward. High energy and isn't afraid of the dirty areas. Could be a 3rd/4th line call-up as he definitely fits the mold of this team.

I'm good with it.

Works for me.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
He has pretty significant NHL experience, so with our lack of depth on the roster he should be used.

Colby

Mar 2, 2011
From THN Bio

ASSETS: Works very hard on the ice, and is blessed with great skating ability. Can put up points at lower levels and add energy to his team. Is plenty versatile.

FLAWS: Is a little undersized for the role of energy player at the National Hockey League level. Needs to work on improving his consistency.

CAREER POTENTIAL: Versatile depth forward.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I guess the Rangers have realized they don't like the idea of Segal + Newbury as their depth?

Not a big fan of Ferriero. I saw him a bit in SJ and wasn't overly impressed.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Maybe Kolarik requested a trade? Hes from PA... who knows.

This other guy is younger and seems to be a fiesty forward. Cant go wrong with that. Gotta trust the organization on this one.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Ferriero was playing for WBS this year and not doing so hot

Hopefully this isn't another dumb trade because a guy "asked for a trade"

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Ferriero is a good guy for our system. He'll fit the mold of what we want to do quite well.

Kolarik didn't appear to be particularly highly regarded in our organization. He had little future here.

This is a solid depth move. I approve.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
sounding like Kreider is going down and Ferriero is up

I don't love it but I also don't want Kreider to be rushed

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Serious question:

What can Ferriero do that Kolarik can not?

Kolarik > Ferriero at the AHL level.

Will Ferriero be ahead of Segal, Hrivik, Jean, Newbury, Mashinter, Haley in terms of order of call-up?

IMO it weakened an already weak Whale team and didn't add anything in terms of either long-term talent or short-term insurance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad