@CapFriendly

#Rangers have signed free agent goalie Alexander Georgiev

3 year Entry Level contract
$792,500 cap hit

* includes Games Played bonuses

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Development camp signee. Russian goalie. 21 years old and really good numbers for TPS in the Finnish Liiga last year. A 1.70 GAA and a .923 save %.

Looks good to me.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I imagine if this is true, and I think it is, the Rangers probably confirm this tomorrow.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Also, for what it's worth, they've misspelled his name. It's apparently listed officially as Alexandar Georgiyev or Aleksandar Georgijev. TPS (his current, or I guess, former team) lists it as the latter, Eliteprospects lists it as the former.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I think we'll be seeing this kid and Nell in Hartford, while Halverson starts in Greenville.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
It was rumored a couple days ago that he was coming over to North America, so this seems likely. I like this if it is true!!

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
The Rangers didn't draft a goalie this year, but this is the equivalent!! ;)

Funny thing is, they took two late rounders that were within travel distance of Benny and the college boys had fantastic seasons.

Very disappointed in Halverson, but I'm curious to see what a better defense core down there does for the goalies.

My gut feeling is that one of them may be needed in the NHL this year... I just don't see Pavs becoming positionally sound after years of poor positional play and rebound control.

But then again... the Rangers have the goalie whisperer on their side.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Funny thing is, they took two late rounders that were within travel distance of Benny and the college boys had fantastic seasons.

Very disappointed in Halverson, but I'm curious to see what a better defense core down there does for the goalies.

My gut feeling is that one of them may be needed in the NHL this year... I just don't see Pavs becoming positionally sound after years of poor positional play and rebound control.

But then again... the Rangers have the goalie whisperer on their side.

Agreed. Think Georgiev or Nell is the 3rd string at this point.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Nell and Georgiev are your Malcolm and Skapski replacements. They needed some depth goalie turnover while Huska and Wall develop, so Gorton's done a really good job. Excited to see what this kid can do

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Nell and Georgiev are your Malcolm and Skapski replacements. They needed some depth goalie turnover while Huska and Wall develop, so Gorton's done a really good job. Excited to see what this kid can do

Agreed, however, it's not like Nell & Georgiev don't have potential, either. They are also solid options for growth, too!! Goalie depth is a big strong point in the NYR organization!!

Zibanejbread

Rebuilding.
Jan 19, 2013
PA
Can/will any of these goalie prospects be a backup to Hank (next year after Pavelec) until Shesty gets here? Huska or Wall, etc?

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Can/will any of these goalie prospects be a backup to Hank (next year after Pavelec) until Shesty gets here? Huska or Wall, etc?

Think Nell & Georgiev both can have that potential for next year. If Halverson can get his **** together, then he could, too, but less likely.

There for sure will be a logjam coming soon, though. :help:

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Think Nell & Georgiev both can have that potential for next year. If Halverson can get his **** together, then he could, too, but less likely.

There for sure will be a logjam coming soon, though. :help:

Eh, goalies are kinda voodoo, so most of these guys won't pan out. It's better to have more good looking options than not, so we'll see what happens. I think Huska ends up the best out of them all (besides Shesty).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad