Confirmed with Link: Rangers Sign Free Agent D Neal Pionk

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Bench Holden; play Pionk

22 in July. 6'0, 190lbs. Seems to be somewhat offensive minded. 33 points, 8 goals this year in 42 games. 82 shots on goal. +24 (boo, +/-).

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I'll be so ****ing happy if this is true.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York

giphy.gif

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Fantastic news...Gorts doing good work. Is the end finally near for Staal and Girardi this off-season? A lot of competition on D in next year's camp.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
These two recent signings definitely make me feel better about Gorton's plan. Some were worried he thought the defense was good but it looks like he knows the defense sucks. Really though you'd have to be blind or AV to think our defense was any good.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
These two recent signings definitely make me feel better about Gorton's plan. Some were worried he thought the defense was good but it looks like he knows the defense sucks. Really though you'd have to be blind or AV to think our defense was any good.
I'm not sure this is evidence of that he thinks the defense sucks. He very well may, but these are two signings he should make even if he thinks the defense is great.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
So GMJG has added Pedrie, Beer Glass, possibly Simek, now Pionk and is reportedly in on Borgmann...that is some fine work in rebuilding this D.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
I'm not sure this is evidence of that he thinks the defense sucks. He very well may, but these are two signings he should make even if he thinks the defense is great.

I'm just trying to be optimistic here 31! I need to believe we're not gonna start next season with the 3 mouseketeers. :cry:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad