Confirmed with Link: Rangers Sign David Desharnais (1 year x $1M)

orland

Jul 29, 2002
Weschester County, N
Visit site
I have a good feeling we get a lot out of him this year under AV.

Why would anyone have a good feeling about any player "under AV". AV is the master of taking a player with a certain skill set and trying to play that player in a role not well suited for said skill set. One simple relevant example is how AV misused Hayes last year trying to get him to be a 2 way third line center. Hayes is an offensive play-making center and a mediocre checker. It was a failure and Hayes had a bad season as a result.

I fear the same for Desharnais. Desharnais is an offensive center, even if not good enough to be top six. Wherever you play him you have to accept his best skill is his playmaking and vision with the puck. He will not be a impact checking center - even if that is what the Rangers need.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Unless the Rangers move Miller to center it looks to me like Desharnais is going to be the third line center and probably doing about 14 minutes a game.

I just can't see the Rangers making that assumption and giving the spot to him before training camp. I really think there's another move or two relating to center before all is said and done. The organization went from having real depth at the center position to not even knowing who their top three centermen are. I wonder what it would take to get Lindberg back?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Giving up assets for Lindberg after losing him for free would be an F- move tbh

Think we're overeating Lindberg a bit here.

DD will be a fine replacement.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
They also won a president's trophy in a season where MSL played center for the 1st 15 games.

I wouldn't discount Miller in the middle.

DD has a lot of hard miles on him, and it will be interesting to see how he holds up. Guy is a smart crafty player, but definitely on the back 9 of his career.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I just can't see the Rangers making that assumption and giving the spot to him before training camp. I really think there's another move or two relating to center before all is said and done. The organization went from having real depth at the center position to not even knowing who their top three centermen are. I wonder what it would take to get Lindberg back?

I think some people are holding out hope for Kerfoot. IMO--that's a long shot. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rangers made another move and center would be the position that could use it more than any other. As for Kerfoot I'm not sure he would be an immediate solution to the problem either.

I'm not a fan of Desharnais--he is getting older and though he has good offensive instincts he is not a well rounded player. I guess we're going to find out but right now barring any other moves he does look like the 3rd line center to me.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
DD will be 13th forward if he loses the battle for 3C to either Miller or Andersson until someone gets injured.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad