Pre-Game Talk: Rangers @ Sens, Sat Nov 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
If they want the JGP line to score then they need to take "The Cooler" off of that line. Chiasson kills every line he's on. If you're putting Hoffman there, mind as well switch Lazar and Chia.

Prince should be in the lineup. Puempel hasn't done anything really except score that one goal.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Time to send Puempel down and give Robinson a shot. Interesting to see what he can do with his speed and size in NHL.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Perhaps Cameron is thinking that Hoffman's speed might be better played against Yandle and Boyle, along with Pageau's and Chiasson's speed and hustle. That is the only explanation that makes some sense to me, other than perhaps sending a message to Hoffman to play better if he wants to play on the top two lines.

I do not like Michalek on the top lines as he is not that good anymore. We shall see tomorrow if this tinkering has a positive and long-lasting impact.

Yeah! Being PPG and probably the most skilled forward offensively on the team won't be enough to keep him in our top 6 if he keeps costing us all these goals...wait....

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Yandle and Boyle are MUCH easier to exploit than the other two pairings. Doesn't mean it's open season on them, but by comparison, it's an easier matchup.

Also, if Cameron ups the 3rd line's ice time, I think Hoffman, along with Pageau, could do wonders offensively.

Yandle has been arguably our best defenseman. Staal is trash, Girardi has been up and down but hasn't been that great. Our D has been shaky this season but we've had a probably HOF goalie's best career start mitigating that and making our D look better than it is. We're ranked more highly defensively, but sans Lundqvist are much better offensively.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Oh man, this is gonna be a challenge. It would be a fantastic time to rise to it Sens.

I also thought that Hoff looked much more like last years bad Hoffman than this years new Hoffman. And unlike uh oh wierciocho, it seemed more within his control to improve. But perhaps even more than that, the Rangers are a real roll 4 line team that we will need to keep up with.

Come on Sens, this is a big one, find a way.

Sarcasticus

Mar 25, 2010
Ottawa
Yeesh. People complaining about the lines... They're not set in Stone. I'm sure the coach will see how they work. If they don't, he can switch back to what works.

Tough game today. Big challenge. Go Sens GO!

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
game is at 1 pm people, should be in the title.

Would definitely have missed it, but will be skipping this one anyways.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Hoffman seems to do a good job creating offense on his own. Maybe its a ploy to spark the 3rd line? Where MM had success with that top line last year and has been a dud after the first two games this year... might be part of a strategy to get some guys going.

Just a guess.

I think this is it and to be honest it makes sense to me if mm can get going. MM also adds some size and net presence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad