Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
$200 a game maybe for a single. $250 (and up) per for a set. My peeps are telling me prices are through the roof.

Absolutely right, and I don't get it. Nosebleeds, front games of round 1 for $250? Doesn't make much sense, those are not worth it to me. An elimination game maybe, but not an opening game. I already unloaded the first 2 games and am walking away up $1300 net of fees. That will easily pay for the face on game 5 and later rounds.

This is all about riding the hot horse bandwagon. Everyone on Madison Avenue and Wall Street needs to take their clients to the only winner in town. Rangers are benefiting from Knicks & Yankees money

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
This thread is about the experience and benefits of being a season ticket holder. It is not to be used as a substitute for our individual game tickets thread.

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
A quick question for STHs. Out of a potential 16 Home games how many do you plan on going to? For me it is probably around 12. I know I will be missing game 5 of this series due to work but and going to games 1,2 and 7. If the Rangers play the Islanders in the second round I plan on going to at least 3 if not all 4 potential home games.
LGR!

trueblue9441

Nov 18, 2006
Bronx, NY
A quick question for STHs. Out of a potential 16 Home games how many do you plan on going to? For me it is probably around 12. I know I will be missing game 5 of this series due to work but and going to games 1,2 and 7. If the Rangers play the Islanders in the second round I plan on going to at least 3 if not all 4 potential home games.
LGR!

same here - selling both of my tickets to 1 game per round and going to the rest.

Blueshirt13

Apr 23, 2004
Other side of the Ri
I might do what I did last year... go to 1 game each round with my own seats, sell the others and buy cheaper seats to each game. I love seeing the game from various perspectives throughout the arena.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
LGR!

Not too many. Probably not going to anything in the first round, and maybe not even the 2nd round. ECF would keep games 5 and 7, and would sell at least 1 for the finals, maybe 2.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
LGR!

For the Pens, I'm going to game 1 and sold game 2. I will probably sell game 5 and go to game 7 should it get that far. For the next round, assuming the Pens don't make a miraculous recovery, I will go to game 1 (presuming it's the 30th) and then will have to sell games 2 and 5 as I'll be out of town. Not sure what I'll do with a potential game 7. Beyond that I will play it by ear but I'd expect to go to at least 1 game each round.

If the Rangers play the Isles I may make some sort of swap with my nephew as he has season tickets for the Isles (ie we both go to a game at MSG and a game in the mausoleum).

Cygnus 2112

Aug 7, 2014
Long Island
General STH question: of course going to most home games can be difficult what with personal lives and work etc. but it seems a few STHs plan on selling 1/2-3/4 of games even prior to knowing opponents/schedules. Is this b/c it's a good way to make back the money spent on the tickets overall? I have a 1/2 strip as a 1/2 STH and I understand it can be tough to get there but isn't this the pinnacle of the season, sometimes the main driver behind getting season tickets? To be able to go to as many playoff games so if they win it all you can say "I was there!!"?

(I'm not judging I'm just curious....I feel like if I ever upgrade I'd feel this pressure to go to a lot of playoff games just because I can. Heck, I sometime struggle now and I only get 2 games epr round b/c they secured home ice throughout)

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Die hard old man Ranger fan relo to south florida after I could "die in peace". ;-)

Picked up today on stubhub ECF tkts at TAMPA.

center ice row 14, 500/per. followed a couple of days and these seemed below market.

If blueshirts don't make I sell.

If Bolts don't make automatic refund.

Any thoughts from experiences of hedges like this would love to hear.

AG.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Die hard old man Ranger fan relo to south florida after I could "die in peace". ;-)

center ice row 14, 500/per. followed a couple of days and these seemed below market.

AG.

I bought a few Nets Round 1 playoff tickets knowing that the price will go through the roof if they play the Cavs; not working out well so far lol but I will let you know :dunno:

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
General STH question: of course going to most home games can be difficult what with personal lives and work etc. but it seems a few STHs plan on selling 1/2-3/4 of games even prior to knowing opponents/schedules. Is this b/c it's a good way to make back the money spent on the tickets overall? I have a 1/2 strip as a 1/2 STH and I understand it can be tough to get there but isn't this the pinnacle of the season, sometimes the main driver behind getting season tickets? To be able to go to as many playoff games so if they win it all you can say "I was there!!"?

(I'm not judging I'm just curious....I feel like if I ever upgrade I'd feel this pressure to go to a lot of playoff games just because I can. Heck, I sometime struggle now and I only get 2 games epr round b/c they secured home ice throughout)

In my case, I've had my tickets for a long time and have been to a lot of games. I'm 100% OK with not goign to a playoff game to subsidize the next one and my season tickets.

As a half season ticket holder, you end up paying more for your seats than a full STH. I feel no pressure for ever missing a game, only eating the tickets.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
I bought a few Nets Round 1 playoff tickets knowing that the price will go through the roof if they play the Cavs; not working out well so far lol but I will let you know :dunno:

thanks for responding, fun hedging.

My 100% wish is that it ends Blueshirts bolts and I go; if rangers out than hope bolts out. But if Bolts in I guess I could lose $200 per ticket, maybe breakeven, or profit a tiny.

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007

I was thinking along the same lines. One of the main reasons I got seasons was too go to the playoffs. I work a job where I have to work some evenings so I plan accordingly. The problem STHs face is that the resale price is so high depending on ones financial situation it can be a tough decision.

eKardz

Mar 22, 2009
Holtsville, NY
for those of us selling, it looks like we can transfer tickets to anyone as of now, they will get an email and be able to print or view their ticket 3 days before the game.

so at least we can send them and account for them through message boards and what not.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
for those of us selling, it looks like we can transfer tickets to anyone as of now, they will get an email and be able to print or view their ticket 3 days before the game.

so at least we can send them and account for them through message boards and what not.

Unless it's someone I know very well, I never do that. I like to control the bar code in case there is an issue.

Cliffy1814

Nov 10, 2011

AG.
I hedged on the Isles. I bought two tix for their 2nd and 3rd home game (games 4 and 6) in round 2 hoping for a Rangers vs isles matchup.

Isles tickets are expensive also (I paid $850 for those four tickets).
I'll either: get my money back or have tickets to game that will likely appreciate in value , although I plan on going to both if that happens

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
I hedged on the Isles. I bought two tix for their 2nd and 3rd home game (games 4 and 6) in round 2 hoping for a Rangers vs isles matchup.

I'll either: get my money back or have tickets to game that will likely appreciate in value , although I plan on going to both if that happens

Are Islanders games sold out. I can see them selling out if they play the Rangers but I would be interested to see how their fans support them. I remember the Devils had problems selling out playoff games in the past.

Cliffy1814

Nov 10, 2011
Are Islanders games sold out. I can see them selling out if they play the Rangers but I would be interested to see how their fans support them. I remember the Devils had problems selling out playoff games in the past.

Yes, it's a shame what the Isles did.
They made no individual tickets avilable to their fans from what I understand yet when you go out on ticket websites there are multiple blocks of 10,14,16 tickets avilable.

I guess that means the Isles are selling themselves thus capitalizing on the inflated prices OR had agreements in place with brokers to buy huge blocks of playoff tickets.

Prices have not gone down much in the past week on SH, so I imagine people are buying even at $200+ to get in the door.
Isles are completely different then Devils IMO for two reasons:
1. They have not been a regular playoff participant so there is alot of excitment around first round games.
2. They have a larger fan base than the Devils. Theirs has been dormant for along time as theybe been lousy for the better part of two decades, but I don't think I'm going out on a limb saying Isles have more passionate fans than Devils.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004

For me, it is time and money, taking care of people who buy from me in regular season and childcare issues.

1) to go to every game becomes very expensive. So, first I offer a game to each of my regular buyers. This year, I told them I can give them 1 game in either the first or second round. If they get to the ECF, I will sell games 1 and 2 to make some money and go to 5 and 7. Same for the Stanley Cup.

2) My wife just started a new job in March, hard for her to leave early too many times to be able to meet me in city and go to game, so she wants to pick and choose.

3) We have an 18-month old. My parents and 2 of my siblings can babysit, but we do not want to take advantage. So, as my wife puts it, "I want to save those babysitting requests for big games." I do not have too many friends into the Rangers that live nearby. Her mom and brother can also babysit, but they live in Westchester and we are in Staten Island. Not exactly easy to do on a weeknight.

2006-2009, I went to more games. Usually 1-2 per round. 2011 was planning to go to game 6 in the first round. In 2012, when I thought they had a good chance to make a run, I sold the early games and been doing the same since.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004

Really depends how greedy they get with the tickets. As other have said, they are all up on secondary sites (from the Islanders). If they are going to leave them at 200 each and up, then I do not think they will sell out the first round.

Cygnus 2112

Aug 7, 2014
Long Island
For me, it is time and money, taking care of people who buy from me in regular season and childcare issues.

1) to go to every game becomes very expensive. So, first I offer a game to each of my regular buyers. This year, I told them I can give them 1 game in either the first or second round. If they get to the ECF, I will sell games 1 and 2 to make some money and go to 5 and 7. Same for the Stanley Cup.

2) My wife just started a new job in March, hard for her to leave early too many times to be able to meet me in city and go to game, so she wants to pick and choose.

3) We have an 18-month old. My parents and 2 of my siblings can babysit, but we do not want to take advantage. So, as my wife puts it, "I want to save those babysitting requests for big games." I do not have too many friends into the Rangers that live nearby. Her mom and brother can also babysit, but they live in Westchester and we are in Staten Island. Not exactly easy to do on a weeknight.

2006-2009, I went to more games. Usually 1-2 per round. 2011 was planning to go to game 6 in the first round. In 2012, when I thought they had a good chance to make a run, I sold the early games and been doing the same since.

Thanks for the response

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida

Thanks for the response, cliffy.

looks like you did a similar method. I like your plan. Im just jonsing to see the blueshirts in a playoff game and this is my best shot as a Floridian.

Back in the 80s hayday ranger isles, wed have to stand in front of the coliseum preplayoffgame, wait for the puck to drop and buy from desperate sellers. Too many nypd cops to have done that at Garden.

I was a little kid when I saw stemmers triple OT.

Yes Im that old lol.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
Just saw a couple of singles released for game 1 on the ticketmaster map, was able to grab a single in 208 row 13 for $189 total

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad