Recalled/Assigned: Rangers recall Arron Asham, assign J.T. Miller to Hartford

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
The less than fleet of foot Asham is still much more likely to positively affect the Rangers than either of those coasters Pyatt and Pouliot. Play him often unless he proves he is worse than either of those two, and that ain't gonna happen.
Welcome (back) aboard, Arron.

Blue Regime

Nov 15, 2008
Groton, CT
Honestly, I don't think Asham solves the toughness issue, as many have brought up. But I like this move because of Miller getting more (much needed) time in the AHL. It was irrelevant who they brought up since Miller clearly looked out of place, at least now they have some semblance of a tough guy instead of nothing.

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
I've been saying for a while that the Rangers were weak on players who have the initials AA. Ever since we got rid of Artim Anisimov this gap has never really been filled..... Until Asham just got called up that is.....:facepalm:

a tribe cq

That’s just like…your opinion man.
Jan 15, 2013
I'm so okay with an Asham call up.

I'm so not okay with Miller instead of Pyatt and Poo being the casualty

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
AV is doing to J.T. Miller this season what Torts did to Kreider last season.

94now

May 24, 2004
Snow Belt, USA
AV is doing to J.T. Miller this season what Torts did to Kreider last season.

Miller doesn't deserve to be here. In that respect I agree, same as Kreider. Why it should be different?
I approve the move. Our bottom 6 are the set of disgruntled top 6 players that can't stand playing bottom 6. With an exception of Boyle and Moore (should never been scratched, the guy is learning NHL over again) they are either bunch of losers (Pyatt, Pouliot) or someone like Miller who has to play top 6. The call means Dorsett is out for awhile.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Miller doesn't deserve to be here. In that respect I agree, same as Kreider. Why it should be different?
I approve the move. Our bottom 6 are the set of disgruntled top 6 players that can't stand playing bottom 6. With an exception of Boyle and Moore (should never been scratched, the guy is learning NHL over again) they are either bunch of losers (Pyatt, Pouliot) or someone like Miller who has to play top 6. The call means Dorsett is out for awhile.
The bottom-six is a bunch of misfits. They need a Yukon Cornelius type to rally them all together.

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
miller has all the raw skills to learn in the nHL and not AHL..

i think he shouldv'e stayed.. you see so many flashes of great play with bad plays, but thats a rookie for you and a 20-21yr old..

and there is no rightway or wrong way to develop a player.. sending up and down doesnt hurt them and if it does they prob arent that good or have the mental capacity to belong in the nhl..

i do like the asham move though.. good character guy, good vet, solid leadership will be good on the 4th line/spare moving forward instead of Pyatt,poo poo

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Kreider Stepan Nash
MZA Richards Callahan
Beach Brassard Hagelin
Asham Boyle Dorsett

Mcdonagh Girardi
MDZ Stralman
Moore Mcilrath

Time to grow a set

94now

May 24, 2004
Snow Belt, USA
The bottom-six is a bunch of misfits. They need a Yukon Cornelius type to rally them all together.

Callahan will be enough to bring this group in order. He is not top 6 guy at this very time. Asham should be very helpful if healthy.They had to call him up. they could not wave Pouliot or Pyatt out of fear to lose them. They are not much help, but then we have no depth at all.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Kreider Stepan Nash
MZA Richards Callahan
Beach Brassard Hagelin
Asham Boyle Dorsett

Mcdonagh Girardi
MDZ Stralman
Moore Mcilrath

Time to grow a set

i honestly dont mind this lineup. bottom 6 may not score but at least they can hit, thats more than the bottom 6 in the game against the devils could do. i also think mcilrath should get some sheltered 3rd pair minutes. he has potential to be a big nasty dman and its not like falk is ever going to amount to much.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
I don't understand all the people wanting Beach called up. Have any of you even seen him play? Or is it just the fascination with anyone new?

I have seen him play, and he is not an nhl caliber player.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I don't understand all the people wanting Beach called up. Have any of you even seen him play? Or is it just the fascination with anyone new?

I have seen him play, and he is not an nhl caliber player.

shiny new toy, hes an agitator, hell he cant be that much worse than poo or pyatt right?

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Happy for Asham. Team certainly needs tough. Hate to see Miller back down though. Kid has MOXY. Asham up I'm guessing means there were no options available via trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad