Recalled/Assigned: Rangers recall Arron Asham, assign J.T. Miller to Hartford

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
I actually agree with this.

I really don't know what he's going to turn out to be. He's got plenty of raw talent and physicality, reminds me a lot of David Backes. But that's really aiming high.

But I don't see him cracking 50 points at the NHL level. I don't know what it is. I remember he was compared to Mason Raymond at the draft.
The more I've watched of miller, the more I think he just isn't a finisher.

He's got a good shot. But if he is being asked to be a primary goal scorer it just won't happen. Which is a large part of his job when he is a wing with brassard.

Miller at least in the ahl and WJs is much more of a two way center who is a playmaker.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Asham can actually chip in more points than pyatt and pouliot in my opinion and he's tough. Last night lundqvist kept getting bumped and ran into and no one did anything, asham belongs on the 4th line I like it

For a tough guy, Asham has good hands. It's not hard to beat Pyatt's whopping single point.

Lacking Dorsett has really showed how weak this team is. They get behind and there's no fight. It fell to Nash to try to get that going.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
Superior fighter and hitter? No.

Superior skater? No.

Superior shot? Yes.

Veteran leadership? Yes.

Superior heart? No. Haley is similar to Dorsett. Asham is a mercenary. He has no connection to any of these players. He was on the team last year, didn't stop anyone from taking runs at any of our players did he?

Haley is similar to dorsett? You must be on some good stuff. Haley is a bum.

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
Maybe the yoyoing of players is good for them. Look at Kreider. Worked out for him. You can assess them at the NHL level and have them work on things in the AHL. These stints could be a test for them. Allows them to find areas of weakness and what to work on also to see if progression is made. Not like he did not play enough this weekend.

Not sure about Asham. He serves little purpose on the ice, but I agree never should have been sent down. I'd rather see Darrel Powe over Pyatt at this point.

I don't wanna see powe or pyatt or pouliot I hate the letter P now. Asham Boyle dorsett should be this teams 4th line let them grind and beat on people
Kreider stepan Nash
Hagelin Richards zucc
No idea brassard Callahan
Asham Boyle dorsett
Third line they need to call up kids for that last wing spot see if any of them stick if not make a move for a winger

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
I don't wanna see powe or pyatt or pouliot I hate the letter P now. Asham Boyle dorsett should be this teams 4th line let them grind and beat on people
Kreider stepan Nash
Hagelin Richards zucc
Asham Boyle dorsett
Third line they need to call up kids for that last wing spot see if any of them stick if not make a move for a winger

What do you do with Pyatt, Pouliot, and Moore?

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
Kreider stepan Nash
Hagelin Richards zucc
Asham Boyle dorsett

They have no kids. If you are looking to Hartford for wing answers there are none.

At least not this season. Maybe when Fast is healthy

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
For a tough guy, Asham has good hands. It's not hard to beat Pyatt's whopping single point.

Lacking Dorsett has really showed how weak this team is. They get behind and there's no fight. It fell to Nash to try to get that going.

Agreed and I don't want people to get confused by what I say, bringing asham doesn't make us a good team but it helps with what we lack in toughness and a guy who will score more than 1 point in a year . Pyatt is a bum, Dom Moore is OK but easily replaced. I wanna see asham Boyle dorsett because when Boyle has wingers who will throw down n grind he plays better

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
"Hey, just look how Chris is doing this year, no big deal"

0009.gif

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
What do you do with Pyatt, Pouliot, and Moore?

Put them on a bus pick a location out of a hat and send them there. But seriously I dunno and I don't care waive who u can trade who u can there will be a sucker to take poo and Moore. Pyatt I dunno he's absolutely useless

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Agreed and I don't want people to get confused by what I say, bringing asham doesn't make us a good team but it helps with what we lack in toughness and a guy who will score more than 1 point in a year . Pyatt is a bum, Dom Moore is OK but easily replaced. I wanna see asham Boyle dorsett because when Boyle has wingers who will throw down n grind he plays better

A guy who will try to create a spark for the team can be invaluable. Just look at the Calgary thread where they were all unwilling to move McGrattan. I think that's what made Prust such an integral part of the 11-12 team along with his PK time.

TankLarkin

Will Cuylle is Ready.
Mar 3, 2012
Rochester, NY
Pure speculation but I'd bet this move was over AV's objections. He apparently thinks getting pushed around is a big piece of the Stanley Cup puzzle.

Not that Asham will change much with this group.

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
A guy who will try to create a spark for the team can be invaluable. Just look at the Calgary thread where they were all unwilling to move McGrattan. I think that's what made Prust such an integral part of the 11-12 team along with his PK time.
And that's why the prust Boyle fedotenko line was probably my favorite line then. It was what made this team go and they chipped in offensively. Dorsett is a decent replacement for prust but all the vets they brought in to try n replace Feds is a BUST

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Pure speculation but I'd bet this move was over AV's objections. He apparently thinks getting pushed around is a big piece of the Stanley Cup puzzle.

Not that Asham will change much with this group.

Yeah, he's the reason the players he was given are soft as hell. :laugh::laugh: Give it a rest.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
He's just not dumb enough to think it makes any difference on winning or losing.

member 116805

I read somewhere (perhaps on this board) someone questioning the call up of Miller, they wanted Asham instead. I believe it was said Asham was injured.
Could it be that he was, but he is now good to go, and that explains this move? :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad