Recalled/Assigned: Rangers recall Arron Asham, assign J.T. Miller to Hartford

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
**** or get off the poot. Seriously.

EDIT: I'm not even going to fix that typo. That's how I feel right now.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
I never understood him being sent down in the first place. He can fight, has a great wrist shot, and can score a couple goals throughout the year. For 5-6 minutes on the 4th line, I'd definitely have him on the team.

Not exactly a roster shake up that will get this team going though.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
I feel bad for Miller that he has been jerked around so much this year. He shouldn't have been called up in the first place - let him develop in Hartford as a center and stop recalling him merely because players on the roster are underperforming.

The Asham move is desperate but at least it prevents one of the prospects from being exposed to this disaster of a locker room.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Not a bad recall. We know he can fight and he has a nice shot. Now we need Dorsett to get healthy and call up mcilrath.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I never understood him being sent down in the first place. He can fight, has a great wrist shot, and can score a couple goals throughout the year. For 5-6 minutes on the 4th line, I'd definitely have him on the team.

Not exactly a roster shake up that will get this team going though.

I agree. Never understood it either, him being a tough veteran in the room helps bring out the best in other softer minded players.

He really isn't a bad hockey player either. Anything is better than Pouliot/Pyatt.

J.T. Miller being sent down in place of Pyatt/Pouliot?

Pathetic.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
I agree. Never understood it either, him being a tough veteran in the room helps bring out the best in other softer minded players.

He really isn't a bad hockey player either. Anything is better than Pouliot/Pyatt.

Pathetic.

Agree. Asham should have never been sent down in the first place, he's scored some timely goals for us believe it or not. Can also obviously mix it up which this vanilla bunch of pansies desperately needs

Wolfy*

At least Sather seems to be aware of the lack of toughness, but I'm not sure if Asham is the answer. He's not a heavy, and he's more or less worn out.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
Glad Miller gets to go back to C and have Kristo on his wing. Let them tear up the ahl for the rest of the year then bring them both up together next year as a line. With a guy like Hags as the other wing

Puckface NYR*

Glad Miller gets to go back to C and have Kristo on his wing. Let them tear up the ahl for the rest of the year then bring them both up together next year as a line. With a guy like Hags as the other wing

Miller will be back up in a week. He's this years Kreider.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
Miller's not an NHL player yet, if you can't consistently outperform our depth players (who are the definition of "replacement level") you're just not ready. Let him develop in the AHL and help out a weak team.

I like Asham a hell of a lot, maybe it's just because he used to chirp fans on Twitter. Hope the legs aren't completely gone.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

Pathetic.

Pathetic? Miller shouldn't be in the NHL. He is not ready. He played bad last night. He makes too many stupid plays during the course of an NHL game. First goal last night started from his turnover in the offensive zone. He has not played well. Tortorella gave him an extended leash last year. I'd rather have Asham up and look to Lindberg in the coming weeks. Miller needs more time in the A.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Pathetic? Miller shouldn't be in the NHL. He is not ready. He played bad last night. He makes too many stupid plays during the course of an NHL game. First goal last night started from his turnover in the offensive zone. He has not played well. Tortorella gave him an extended leash last year. I'd rather have Asham up and look to Lindberg in the coming weeks. Miller needs more time in the A.

The whole team sucked last night. Miller had his best game ever vs the Devils the other night. He has raw talent, and we need someone NOW to learn on the fly instead of the Pyatt's and Pouliot's being put out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad