Recalled/Assigned: Rangers recall Arron Asham, assign J.T. Miller to Hartford

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
Kristo is not ready, working on being a better 2 way player.
Jim Schoenfeld:
Danny Kristo has very good offensive skills and we have him killing penalties too because we want him to learn to play away form the puck. I don’t believe there is anyone in the American league who is good enough offensively to survive in the NHL with that skill alone. They will have to learn to be two-way players in one way or another. They will need to learn how to finish a check, block a shot, learn to be reliable in the defensive zone, in the neutral zone they will have to understand coverage because it’s going to be increasingly difficult for them to score. You can’t be giving up what you can’t get back. We are trying to turn them into two way players.â€

http://snyrangersblog.com/2013-14/2...schoenfeld-on-some-of-the-hartford-prospects/

Bardof425*

pouliot scores a fluky goal and now he's ready for full time 3rd line duty. Makes sense. Sorry JT; they have no clue.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Not every conversation has to turn into a Boyle one.

I wish they would just leave Miller alone in the minors. When he's ready, we'll know it. Stepan came up with no time in the minors and Hagelin barely any... but look at how much good it did Anisimov, Dubinsky and Callahan. Let him alone.

RangersHank*

I thought they spelled Arron with 2 a's? I always thought it was Aaron Asham

BarbaraAlphanse

Ash really helped with team intensity last night. When John Moore is the only guy willing to stand up for anyone, there's a ****ing problem.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
His game with the puck on his stick is NHL caliber right now. But when it comes to defense... Danny Kristo don't do defense bruh. Don't ya know?!

He's not consistently effective without the puck in the offensive zone, either. He's not that big, doesn't win a ton of board battles, and isn't all that tough to knock off the puck. Kid can pick pockets, though. With some proper coaching, I think Kristo could be a very effective second line scorer. He needs time in the AHL, though. At least a until the end of the year, IMO.

nyr5186

May 12, 2002
New Orleans
Visit site
So who will be the first defenseman called up from Hartford when the time comes?

McIlrath? Conor Allen? Dare I say Stu Bickell? Aaron Johnson?

Seems like our D depth is pretty weak. Staal is gone for the time being. Lots of guys are banged up. We are one injury away from tapping into the farm. I don't know how well McIlrath has played, but I am tempted to at least give him a cup of tea with the Rangers.

Bardof425*

So who will be the first defenseman called up from Hartford when the time comes?

McIlrath? Conor Allen? Dare I say Stu Bickell? Aaron Johnson?

Seems like our D depth is pretty weak. Staal is gone for the time being. Lots of guys are banged up. We are one injury away from tapping into the farm. I don't know how well McIlrath has played, but I am tempted to at least give him a cup of tea with the Rangers.

The Undertaker would never drink tea

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad