Confirmed with Link: Rangers re-sign Henrik Lundqvist [7 years, $59.5M, $8.5M AAV, Full NMC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@DarrenDreger: Announcement re: Lundqvist extension coming soon.”

“@DarrenDreger: Vague details. Hearing 7 years and $8+ mil per for Lundqvist.”

UPDATE:

“@DarrenDreger: 7 years, $8.5 per is believed to Lundqvist's extension agreement.”

Last edited:

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@DarrenDreger: Vague details. Hearing 7 years and $8+ mil per for Lundqvist.”

goalsequalvictory

Apr 28, 2013
Great news!
Wanted him traded, but ONLY IF it was 100% certian that he would not resign. Glad to hear that he's signed, loosing him for nothing would have been a mess.

Guessing 7 years 8.3 million. Slats gave a bit more $ and got the 8th year off of the deal.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Dude wants to keep living here. There's no better place to live than NYC when you are filthy rich.

NYROrtsFan

Feb 1, 2007
Dude wants to keep living here. There's no better place to live than NYC when you are filthy rich.

Correct... And Lundqvist likes to do things too. NYC is the greatest for that. He was never leaving.

The problem is that we invest a huge chunk of our cap space on a goaltender.... So clearly our skill positions aren't going to be as strong as opposing teams.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@Real_ESPNLeBrun: As per @DarrenDreger, Henrik Lundqvist has reached agreement on an extension with the New York Rangers”

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
The problem is that we invest a huge chunk of our cap space on a goaltender.... So clearly our skill positions aren't going to be as strong as opposing teams.

Cap space will go up. The contract is for the next 7 years. Hank deserves to be the highest paid goalie in the league.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@DarrenDreger: 7 years, $8.5 per is believed to Lundqvist's extension agreement.”

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Glad to call Henrik Lundqvist a career Ranger.

The rest of you... I don't believe in telling people how to feel about things, but you should be a little more appreciative of what he has done. By the end of this contract he will be far and away the best goalie in NYR history (An original 6 franchise) and probably one of the top 5 career Rangers.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY

The rest of you... I don't believe in telling people how to feel about things, but you should be a little more appreciative of what he has done. By the end of this contract he will be far and away the best goalie in NYR history (An original 6 franchise) and probably one of the top 5 career Rangers.

This 100%. :handclap:

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011

They're going to need to make room for a banner, no doubt.

Hariken

Apr 7, 2013
8.5 Mill for a friggin goalie past his prime. This team is done for. Should've traded him and gone for Talbot. Cheaper, better, younger, money for offense. A goalie can't score goals!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad