Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Stats in Post #1; Updated 5.29.18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I'm not taking a goalie, period. They have good depth in the system. I'm signing a college guy or another European. That's how I'm supplementing depth. When Henrik retires they can grab another guy in the fifth round or whatever a couple years in a row, just to keep that pipeline stocked behind Shesterkin or Georgiev or whoever wins that job.

Reactions: egelband

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I'm not taking a goalie, period. They have good depth in the system. I'm signing a college guy or another European. That's how I'm supplementing depth. When Henrik retires they can grab another guy in the fifth round or whatever a couple years in a row, just to keep that pipeline stocked behind Shesterkin or Georgiev or whoever wins that job.

I agree. But I don't like to speak in absolutes. While I would prefer pass on goalies this draft, if there was a highly rated prospect who fell and we used a 4th or 5th round pick on him so be it. Fortunately there are no 1st round goalie prospects so that likely assures we aren't taking one in at least the first two rounds.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I agree. But I don't like to speak in absolutes. While I would prefer pass on goalies this draft, if there was a highly rated prospect who fell and we used a 4th or 5th round pick on him so be it. Fortunately there are no 1st round goalie prospects so that likely assures we aren't taking one in at least the first two rounds.
I understand your point, but even then I wouldn't. The depth right now organizationally is fine. If they can pick up another well-regarded Euro or college goalie that keeps filling up the pipeline without using draft capital. Maybe if someone with a second round grade was on the board in the seventh or something. Even in the fourth or fifth I think you can still find some interesting skaters.

As someone mentioned earlier goalies are so hard to project. I'm more interested in "free" acquisition of players who are further into their development cycle. At this point anyway.

Reactions: egelband

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I think you're underrating Ekholm a bit. If Hajek is that good we win this trade no matter how good the rest of the guys in the deal turn out.
No seriously, I think that highly of Hajek. We don’t have a Subban to put next to him, but I think Hajek’s game is exceptional. Even without Subban, Ekholm is a stud defensive dman and a perfect top-4 guy

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I understand your point, but even then I wouldn't. The depth right now organizationally is fine. If they can pick up another well-regarded Euro or college goalie that keeps filling up the pipeline without using draft capital. Maybe if someone with a second round grade was on the board in the seventh or something. Even in the fourth or fifth I think you can still find some interesting skaters.

As someone mentioned earlier goalies are so hard to project. I'm more interested in "free" acquisition of players who are further into their development cycle. At this point anyway.
Yes. No goalies please. In fact, the only time a goalie should be drafted is when there’s an organizational dearth. And even then, it’d have to be a great value pick.
Just my opinion.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Hajek played as a two-way with the Czechs at WJC. It could be a coaching style putting Hajek as primarily defensive in this tournament.

Shows how smart and coachable the player is, IMO.

As coach you need your top guys to get you out of your own end.

Reactions: Joey Bones

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I rather give a chance to young Dmen that know how to play defense, rather than those offensive scoring machines that usually end up unable to score at NHL level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad