Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Stats in Post #1; Updated 5.29.18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
The thing is... If Dobson climbs, who falls?

Say it goes like this (counting on MTL wanting a center and DET loving Bouchard);

Dahlin
Svechnikov
Kotkaniemi
Zadina
Tkachuk
Bouchard
Dobson

You're left with Wahlstrom, Hughes, and Boqvist among the consensus picks (leaving aside the fact that the Rangers may have guys like Farabee, Smith, Kravtsov, etc. ranked higher). I'd drool at any one of the three.

Heck, say MTL doesn't go that far off the reservation, and instead tries to convert Tkachuk to a center. You're left with 2 of the 3 plus Kotkaniemi. I'm still drooling.

Honestly, given the scouts' record, even if they go a few picks off the board, I'll be happy. Just don't go taking like a Lündestrom at 9.

Reactions: haveandare

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
The thing is... If Dobson climbs, who falls?

Say it goes like this (counting on MTL wanting a center and DET loving Bouchard);

Dahlin
Svechnikov
Kotkaniemi
Zadina
Tkachuk
Bouchard
Dobson

You're left with Wahlstrom, Hughes, and Boqvist among the consensus picks (leaving aside the fact that the Rangers may have guys like Farabee, Smith, Kravtsov, etc. ranked higher). I'd drool at any one of the three.

Heck, say MTL doesn't go that far off the reservation, and instead tries to convert Tkachuk to a center. You're left with 2 of the 3 plus Kotkaniemi. I'm still drooling.

Honestly, given the scouts' record, even if they go a few picks off the board, I'll be happy. Just don't go taking like a Lündestrom at 9.

Hughes or Kotkaniemi.

Or trade for #10 and get Hughes and Kotkaniemi.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Libor strong to net with a nice backhander but goalie made save then later that shift unfortunately mishandled the puck at blue line all late in final minute. Regina comes up short 8-6. Dobson another goal to seal it (EN).

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Libor strong to net with a nice backhander but goalie made save then later that shift unfortunately mishandled the puck at blue line all late in final minute. Regina comes up short 8-6. Dobson another goal to seal it (EN).

That move to the net was beasty.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
That move to the net was beasty.
It was a nice move. Sucks he had trouble with the puck later that shift. Could have been great chance to tie game.
Very entertaining period. I know he is an Anaheim Duck but man was Sam Steel impressive. Put the team on his back in the third.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Really happy Dobson is having a great Memorial Cup, if he rises that means a better player is dropping. Scouts/GMs overvaluing a short tournament to give us a better player would be Amazing :)

Reactions: wafflepadsave

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I don’t know that a better player would necessarily drop.

Dobson is really good.

We're at the time of year where the 4-10 prospects are going to be playing musical chairs depending on how tournaments and other things go.

Bouchard finishes strong and has a very good playoffs and he climbs.

That starts to fade from memory and then suddenly Wahlstrom, Hughes and Kotkaniemi get the spotlight.

Time passes and then people focus on Dobson.

The truth is that nothing is all that different than what was said months ago, the top 12 or so in this draft is very good.

At any given time, you're going to find a player who might be in the lower end of that 12 number, who looks like they belong closer to the top of the list. That's more a testament to the perceived strength of this draft, rather than a deficiency with a particular prospect or the sudden elevation of another.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
So if recent performances from Hughes and Dobson mean they might rise, to me that makes the likely faller Boqvist, since teams often have a general idea if they want to go with a forward or blueliner.

Still hoping the rumor about the Red Wings wanting Bouchard is true.

If Boqvist is there at 9 (Dobson, Bouchard, and Hughes are not) and the draft goes something like

Dahlin, Svech, Zadina, Tkachuk, Hughes, Bouchard, Dobson, Wahlstrom,

I think NYR are in a nice position to hod that #9 pick hostage and get a great flip deal with the Oilers to pick Boqvist. Especially if we're targeting Kotka or Farabee.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
So if recent performances from Hughes and Dobson mean they might rise, to me that makes the likely faller Boqvist, since teams often have a general idea if they want to go with a forward or blueliner.

Still hoping the rumor about the Red Wings wanting Bouchard is true.

If Boqvist is there at 9 (Dobson, Bouchard, and Hughes are not) and the draft goes something like

Dahlin, Svech, Zadina, Tkachuk, Hughes, Bouchard, Dobson, Wahlstrom,

I think NYR are in a nice position to hod that #9 pick hostage and get a great flip deal with the Oilers to pick Boqvist. Especially if we're targeting Kotka or Farabee.
I think if it plays out like that, we should really just take Boqvist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad