Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Stats in Post #1; Updated 5.29.18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoicon

Take these broken wings and learn to fly again.
Jan 26, 2018
Copenhagen
I haven't seen him play but those are lofty comparisons, we tend to forget but Girardi was an All star after all... I hope you are right!

He is much better defensively, in terms of making hits and exiting the defensive zone than Girardi and has a lot of untapped offensive potential.

Specifically, I mean better than Girardi was in his first two NHL seasons. A very polished player. Don´t be surprised to see him riding shotgun to Pionk or Shattenkirk after next New Year´s Eve.

I imagine he could really benefit from getting power play time and some favourable offensive zone starts to get the confidence to score more points.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
He is much better defensively, in terms of making hits and exiting the defensive zone than Girardi and has a lot of untapped offensive potential.

Specifically, I mean better than Girardi was in his first two NHL seasons. A very polished player. Don´t be surprised to see him riding shotgun to Pionk or Shattenkirk after next New Year´s Eve.

I imagine he could really benefit from getting power play time and some favourable offensive zone starts to get the confidence to score more points.

To me Girardi's first 2-3 seasons were his best. He was playing usually under 20 minutes and was fast enough to play physical and was great defensively. Then he started getting too much icetime and blocking too many shots and it started to show in his play.

Phoicon

Jan 26, 2018
Copenhagen
To me Girardi's first 2-3 seasons were his best. He was playing usually under 20 minutes and was fast enough to play physical and was great defensively. Then he started getting too much icetime and blocking too many shots and it started to show in his play.

Yes, but you need to be mindful that our defence was really bad at the time - in terms of depth, which is why Girardi got a shot and stayed in the league but also in terms of quality. Latter of which was masked mostly by Lundqvist playing like a Hall-of-Famer. And a little bit by Tortorella´s adaptation of a very primitive system that catered to players with a limited amount of skills.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
Shestyorkin has probably been the player I want under the Rangers control for a while now.

I'd just prefer him in an environment that is focused on developing him for the long haul.
He has always been 3rd fiddle on every team he has played on ! Too bad he get out of the contract because I’m over it. It used to be the excuse that he was the youngest or less experienced but who knows now.

Phoicon

Jan 26, 2018
Copenhagen
He has always been 3rd fiddle on every team he has played on ! Too bad he get out of the contract because I’m over it. It used to be the excuse that he was the youngest or less experienced but who knows now.

Welcome to Russian hockey where seniority matters more than North American fans can ever imagine. It´s kind of funny that often NA fans consider Russians soft etc.. which is inaccurate but they are not aware of the real problems in Russian hockey. Reliance on seniority/authority being one of the most prominent.

Reactions: Mikos87

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
:banghead::banghead::banghead:
Welcome to Russian hockey where seniority matters more than North American fans can ever imagine. It´s kind of funny that often NA fans consider Russians soft etc.. which is inaccurate but they are not aware of the real problems in Russian hockey. Reliance on seniority/authority being one of the most prominent.
Similar to where I work, where seniority is all that matters!

Last edited:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Soo is up 3-2 in a must-win Game Six. If they can win today they force Game Seven back at home for the championship. Gettinger without a point today.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Here is the Memorial Cup schedule:

2018 Mastercard Memorial Cup Schedule:
Round-Robin Game 1 – OHL vs. Regina on Friday May 18 at 8:00 pm
Round-Robin Game 2 – WHL vs. QMJHL on Saturday May 19 at 2:00 pm
Round-Robin Game 3 – Regina vs. QMJHL on Sunday May 20 at 5:00 pm
Round-Robin Game 4 – WHL vs. OHL on Monday May 21 at 6:00 pm
Round-Robin Game 5 – QMJHL vs. OHL on Tuesday May 22 at 8:00 pm
Round-Robin Game 6 – Regina vs. WHL on Wednesday May 23 at 8:00 pm
Tie-Breaker (if necessary) – Thursday May 24 at 6:00 pm
Semi-Final – Friday May 25 at 8:00 pm
Championship Final – Sunday May 27 at 5:00pm

I just checked the NHL Network and Regina's game on Friday is not being broadcast live but is being shown twice on Saturday, at 1:00 AM and 11:30 AM. Regina's game Sunday is not live but will be rebroadcast at 7:00 PM.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
from WC GDT, which devolved into a dialogue about Shesty, and then this

I want to see Huska too. another one that can't sign soon enough. he's at the opposite end of the spectrum he's always playing for terrible teams. but he's always his team's best player. he has every tool you want. little slow but that can be improved....

NO reason to rush Huska, who's sophomore season was cut short by injury, then his replacement's strong play.

NYR sign very few NCAA players after only 2 seasons
(Stepan, Lindgren, reputedly Skjei declined in '14, to try again for a title, after losing in title game)
and Huska's was not a full season of work

It will be good to see Huska, and Wall, when they are ready,
but for now, IMHO, Hockey East is the best place for them

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
from WC GDT, which devolved into a dialogue about Shesty, and then this

NO reason to rush Huska, who's sophomore season was cut short by injury, then his replacement's strong play.

NYR sign very few NCAA players after only 2 seasons
(Stepan, Lindgren, reputedly Skjei declined in '14, to try again for a title, after losing in title game)
and Huska's was not a full season of work

It will be good to see Huska, and Wall, when they are ready,
but for now, IMHO, Hockey East is the best place for them
Yeah, I have heard nothing about Huska turning pro. Honestly, last season was a little up-and-down for him, mainly due to a couple injuries. It would probably be good for him to go back and play a full, healthy slate of games with UConn before considering taking that leap.

Mazanec could be back, he's an RFA. If you bring him back, and say Georgiev is the backup to Hank (I'd say that's 50/50 at best), then you've got Mazanec, Nell and Halverson. And then they always sign a goalie, either some AHL veteran or a UDFA player. So, there'd be a lot of competition for Huska, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but he's currently the clear-cut #1 playing against good teams in Hockey East.

Reactions: Phoicon

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I just got home to see that the Hamilton-Regina game is on television here.

Just watched my first ever Hajek shift (focusing on him as our property) and he out-muscled two guys and withstood a crosscheck so that a teammate could gain control of the puck

Is this available to you guys? It's on Sportsnet here.

Reactions: PelleLindbergh

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
I just got home to see that the Hamilton-Regina game is on television here.

Just watched my first ever Hajek shift (focusing on him as our property) and he out-muscled two guys and withstood a crosscheck so that a teammate could gain control of the puck

Is this available to you guys? It's on Sportsnet here.
I have a re-run of it airing at 1am and then at 1130am on nhl network

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Hamilton are out-playing Regina, and it seems that the majority of Hajek's shifts have been spent in the D zone.

He keeps making smart plays that contribute to breaking out of the zone though. His partner (Cale Fleury I think) has looked like the weakest Regina d-man so far.

Reactions: PelleLindbergh

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Hajek just made an amazing 1-on-1 play, but got called for holding for some reason.

The guy tried to dangle around him, and he flattened him. Bad call.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Just had some o-zone time that never amounted to much. One shot blocked and a couple times fired around the boards.

Then got beat off the boards in the d-zone with the aid of an unfortunate bounce that lead to a down low 2-on-1.

Still 2-2 late in the third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad